• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami's new football game has open test/beta available NOW (Xbox/PS)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.konami.com/wepes/obt/en/ps5/

KONAMI is proud to announce that a new football experience is on its way!
To prepare for its launch, we'll be running an open beta prior to the game's official launch, as described below.

The purpose of this beta test is to evaluate the quality of the online matchmaking and connection to the servers.
Please note that gameplay mechanics, balancing, animations and graphics are all under development and will be improved before the official launch.
With all that out of the way, we would like to invite you to participate in this open beta, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could share with us your thoughts and feedback on your experience.

Open Beta Test Details
Purpose
  • ・ To check the quality of online matchmaking and connection, in order to make improvements before official launch.
  • ・ To survey participants of the test, which will provide us invaluable information to further improve the game experience.
Test Schedule24/06/2021 00:00 - 08/07/2021 00:00 (UTC)Platforms
  • PlayStation®4
  • PlayStation®5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
How to ParticipateAll you need to do is go to your console's official store, download "New Football Game Online Performance Test" and launch the game. You do not need to pre-register to participate in this test.

Notes​

• ・ Only a limited number of teams are available to play during this test. Each team has a squad of 22 players, chosen according to how many matches they appeared in and total match play time.
  • ・ You do not need to subscribe to PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to participate in online multiplayer games for this test.
  • ・ Cross-generation play between PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 is available.
  • ・ Cross-gen Multiplayer between Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S is available.
  • ・ This game is currently under development, so unexpected errors, such as crashes, may occur.
  • ・ We may need to perform unscheduled maintenance during the test.
  • ・ In order to participate in the test, you must agree to the Terms of Use inside the game.
  • ・ Game data from this test cannot be carried over to the official launch version.
  • ・ You will not be able to play the beta test version of this game once the test period has ended.

Dibils2k

so guess this is PES2022? cant find it on PS5 store

will check xbox now

EDIT: found it on PSN, just search "Online Performance Test"

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Is this using a next gen engine? That’s why they skipped a fully fledged 2021 if I recall correctly. Will download when I get home.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I love Winning Eleven/PES/eFootball.
Hopefully they have a competent net code this time.

anthony2690

Banned
It looks really rough on series x, especially after seeing fifa 21 on series x.

I don't really like football games but I thought I'd have a quick look anyway.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Dibils2k

i had a match, initial thought is disappointment... i thought they were moving to new engine to create something fresh, but it feels like they were just forced to change engines so are just trying to recreate everything the same :(

GinSama

I kind of liked the old pes….. still think that winning eleven had really good ball physics. They need to improve a lot the lack of momentum of the payers. And as well the footplanting.

Still my favourite game is football kindgom. And I’m sad that fifa is going the opposite direction … still my faith is in the new pes.

pratyush

This doesn't feel like next gen version. It's just for online matchmaking test. Wouldn't draw any conclusions from this

Raekwon26

Just played a game.

Thought it was OK. Nothing special or standout about this so far.

Liked the slow pace of the game but when I went 2-0 up, I could see my opponent trying to up the tempo but their seemed to be a cap on how much pressure he could put on me.

Game was played in one gear.

cormack12

Gold Member
That sound :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just had a game, it's very strange. Shooting is terrible and player switchnig is horrendous when you're trying to select a player behind the ball. Also right flick no longer lets you select a player? As above I like the slower pace generally. Just looking at this like a matchmaking test and it did work after a bit, see how it gets on later when there are more people on it.

GinSama

Just played a game.

Thought it was OK. Nothing special or standout about this so far.

Liked the slow pace of the game but when I went 2-0 up, I could see my opponent trying to up the tempo but their seemed to be a cap on how much pressure he could put on me.

Game was played in one gear.

had the same feeling. The game really feels slow. I like it.

Soulja

Jesus that was horrendous. I get the graphics might be dumbed down for the beta but surely the gameplay mechanics will the similar to release? It's was so horribly slow and everything felt a bit floaty. Damn you Konami, we need a good competitor for fifa!

b6a6es

Banned
Funny thing is, this is LITERALLY the first Konami game to be EVER ANNOUNCED on PS5

reminder that Konami used to make games AT EVERY PS SYSTEM’s Launch in one region or another in the past

PS1 :
Gokujou Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack

PS2 :
DrumMania

PSP:

Metal Gear Acid

PS3:
Mahjong Fight Club

PS Vita:
Little King’s Story

PS4:
MGS V : Ground Zero’s

And it’s not like they stopped that trend since they released Bomberman R on the Switch launch

man how the times changed (I honestly doubt the relationship between Konami & Sony even exists anymore)

Thirty7ven

Banned
Cross-generation play between PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 is available.

Great news. The net code seems to have been massively improved, but I'm a bit worried that the console version is now simply an upscaled version of the mobile one.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Thirty7ven

Banned
Leave it to a Japanese dev to make mobile the base version. The more I read about it the more convinced I am that yes, Konami is that shit.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I had a game at lunchtime (UK) and it was fun. Defending is a bit different, I couldn't tackle to save my life. Obviously still in development, but the core game felt pretty good, looking forward to see what the end product is like.

Also they sure as hell better allow us to import option file data.

Reindeer

Looks really bad for a game that's supposed to come out in 3-4 months. The visuals are attrocious for current gen and in many ways are worse than last gen version. It seems like it's built on top of mobile version that was already running on UE4, a version of the game that was based on last gen animations and gameplay. Recently the producer of the game said they were aiming for photorealistic graphics and then they come up with this?

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Just played a couple games and PES is still trash.

Miss the ps2 glory days. Another year of no competition for fifa it is then

Klik

I don't know how much game can improve in 3 months but honestly if final version gameplay is similiar to this beta it's gonna be worst PES ever.

TrebleShot

This isn't a demo for PES 2022 in case people are struggling with the poor quality.
This is a network test, its not even a beta.
Don't expect this to be any indication of the new visuals, gameplay or design.

PES is much better than FIFA and there is no doubt of that.

Having said that, this dev team is very small and when they transitioned to FOX engine the first game was awful PES 2013 I think.

Then got better and better.

They have had 2 years to build the final game so I am not expecting this to be an indication of quality.

Handy Fake

This isn't a demo for PES 2022 in case people are struggling with the poor quality.

Having said that, this dev team is very small and when they transitioned to FOX engine the first game was awful PES 2013 I think.

They have had 2 years to build the final game so I am not expecting this to be an indication of quality.
I loved the old PES games, much more so than FIFA.
FIFA was all about the glitz and glamour of a world class goal from the halfway line. PES was all in the joy of a perfectly worked goal.

Calverz

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

lol The amount of people quitting matches when they begin to lose is embarassing. I really hope Konami implement a punishment system for quitters. If you quit, banned for a day. If it's a recurring theme, banned for a week. The sad thing is, there isn't stat tracking in this so just play a damn game to the end.

In terms of game quality, who knows what this version is. It's around 7gb. Anyone know how big the mobile game is because that seems large if it is based on the mobile version. I won't judge the games quality considering it's a network test. It could be a really old build for all I know. The survey asks questions regarding quality of the gameplay aswell as connection questions so who knows. In terms of connection, it's mostly been good. I've had maybe around 50 games, only a few that were laggy. Plenty of quitters (bitches).

Last edited:

CamHostage

PES in the same way eFootball PES 2021 is PES. I guess they just haven't decided which brand to use.
If I can help them decide, Konami has three brand names for its soccer series (plus a standing, familiar acronym that is #1 SEO rank for the term,) and the name "eFootball" is the way down at the bottom...

Last edited:
Top Bottom