• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku claims Gamepass “burnout”, Xbox responds, gets ratio’ed

Tams

God please, delete twitter.
My Eyes Pain GIF
No. I like seeing Russian Nazis getting cooked off in their tanks. And Telegram is shit for sharing those spicy videos.

For people that are still confused on the term, it is literally referring to the mathematical ratio of positive engagement over negative engagement. It makes more sense on platforms that have upvotes and downvotes (like youtube used to have) like how those call of duty trailers were famously massively downvoted, or in other words ratio’d

retsof624

MS should drop some sort of positive news soon to change the social media spiral that’s been going on since the delay announcement. Literally anything to get a the conversation on to something else. The negativity is amped and there’s still 3 weeks to go to the show. Drop some announcement or trailer early.
Whenever Sony or MS (especially Sony) goes a few months without saying anything, journalists and people on social media rev up their concern engines until we get some big news and it settles down.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Tell me you x without telling me you x is the most annoying shit ever.
YES. I value single player AAA games the most. AA is 90% dead and indies re 90% cancer simulators.
I still adore indies like blasphemous, tormented souls, forgotten city, exo one and so on so on but nothing beats these big detailed games... but the AAA dev turned from 2 to 5-8 years.
Guardians of the Galaxy is one of last, most recent true AAA surprises for me

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The funniest thing is reading the comments on the tweet, with folks tossing out lists of indie fare they've consumed, as if that counters the point Kotaku was making (which was a review of the sentiment bubbling about on the Twitter and not some hard-news expose).

Is being ratioed a good or bad thing?

Ideally you would want your ratio to be 1:1 or higher in favor of "likes" otherwise you could (reasonably) make the inference that the people who took the time to respond did so because they didn't like your message. If your business is influence, it is not as inane a measurement as this thread would have you think.

. . .it doesn't seem to imply in this case unless there's some other meaning now, as the Xbox tweet has far more likes on it than comments, which, why wouldn't it coming from two high profile accounts?

Filben

Imagine writing an article almost purely out of tweets by some random twitter cunts on the Internet. But what are you gonna expect if even "real" journalism outlets not related to gaming start doing this.

That """social""" media platform seriously needs to die. It simply adds nothing except for the bad stuff to society.

This feels like a “And your contribution to society is what??” moment. I expect a corporate Twitter account to be more professional when responding to an article from a journalist even if it is Kotaku.

THEAP99

Banned
This is pretty cringe. Whoever is running this account should be fired.

Because, they're basically admitting that gamepass has zero value with the lack of big releases.. anyone who sees this as an "own" or ratio is a moron

Last edited:

Metnut

Microsoft should spend more resources trying to actually make games (look at their 2022 lineup) rather than trying to be snarky on twitter.

Gamepass doesn’t seem like a good value for a lot of people. Choice is good for the consumer.

Microsoft should spend more resources trying to actually make games (look at their 2022 lineup) rather than trying to be snarky on twitter.

Gamepass doesn’t seem like a good value for a lot of people. Choice is good for the consumer.

I love the big games but also the smaller stuff. Pac Man museum for example, people will laugh but I’m looking forward to playing it.

I’m not disagreeing with you of course, I find the whole situation with them and the social media stuff to be absolutely shite.

Top Bottom