• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku claims Gamepass “burnout”, Xbox responds, gets ratio’ed

Nydius

Remember early in the PS4 lifecycle when Sony only had a bunch of indies for a while and Xbox fans shat all over Sony calling them "Indiestation"?

Now these same Xbox fans are out here defending Game Pass because it has a whole bunch of indies on it and are making absolutely cringe statements like "Indies are better than AAA anyday".

Fucking LOL. Can't make this up. Maybe the head of Xbox shouldn't have made a statement about releasing AAA games in a 3 month cycle if Xbox can't deliver them. 2 years between Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 5. Almost two years between Infinite and Starfield, the latter of which they had to buy to make into an exclusive. They literally have nothing but Forza Motorsport in the pipeline from their own studios. Gears 6 is years out. Perfect Dark and Everwild are in development hell at their respective studios. Forza Horizon 6 is in development but, given the release windows of the past games, probably won't be out until 2024.

Microsoft mismanagement strikes again.
If they hadn't bought Bethesda, they'd have literally nothing outside of Forza Motorsport until 2024.

Last edited:
Remember early in the PS4 lifecycle when Sony only had a bunch of indies for a while and Xbox fans shat all over Sony calling them "Indiestation"?

Now these same Xbox fans are out here defending Game Pass because it has a whole bunch of indies on it and are making absolutely cringe statements like "Indies are better than AAA anyday".

Fucking LOL. Can't make this up. Maybe the head of Xbox shouldn't have made a statement about releasing AAA games in a 3 month cycle if Xbox can't deliver them. 2 years between Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 5. Almost two years between Infinite and Starfield, the latter of which they had to buy to make into an exclusive. They literally have nothing but Forza Motorsport in the pipeline from their own studios. Gears 6 is years out. Perfect Dark and Everwild are in development hell at their respective studios. Forza Horizon 6 is in development but, given the release windows of the past games, probably won't be out until 2024.

If they hadn't bought Bethesda, they'd have literally nothing outside of Forza Motorsport until 2024.
I hope you feel like a better person after posting this.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS

No one remembers this but you. Funny how that goes.

Plantoid

I ain't no expert but I think there's far more engagement and support to Xbox on this, and Kotaku has double the followers
FNGsQDw.jpg

mejin

I ain't no expert but I think there's far more engagement and support to Xbox on this, and Kotaku has double the followers
FNGsQDw.jpg

Xbox fans are limited, but they are always louder and together. I can already picture Warren, Jez, Grudge and others rallying the rats on twitter

For people that are still confused on the term, it is literally referring to the mathematical ratio of positive engagement over negative engagement. It makes more sense on platforms that have upvotes and downvotes (like youtube used to have) like how those call of duty trailers were famously massively downvoted, or in other words ratio’d

Until today I never bothered to learn what the hell ratio'd even meant. But I learned today courtesy of Xbox Game Pass :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Varteras

Gold Member
FNGsQDw.jpg
Kotaku has double the followers of the Xbox Game Pass Twitter account. The official Xbox account has 9 times more followers than Kotaku. That's 9 times the number of followers for a single brand versus the relative handful who follow a general gaming news account. And when you consider how rabid fanboys get the moment you breathe wrong about their favored brand, getting "ratio'd" in this situation is not even remotely surprising. Kind of like walking into a church and saying God sucks for X reason, the pastor or priest yells at you mockingly, the congregation parrots him, and then they all pat each other on the back for being louder than you. Would that be surprising?

Larlight

I remember that time. How soon they flip flop. Also I thought the big criticism of PS Now is not having AAA games day 1? Welp, does it count when it's not like the other service has even had the chance to enjoy their day 1 games yet? 😂

Its loltaku. An embarassment like those trashy rags you find in a supermarket. Mind you they were bad before with Mr. "I LEAK THINGS and write about them" but now with new management they became soo soo much worse.

Last edited:

Hestar69

xbox game pass is amazing
sonys's seems alright aswell. If they EVER fucking restock ps5's on amazon and I can get one finally, I would sub to the higher ps+ (already have base for ps4). But the ps1 games are lacking.

Once xbox drops games like fable,avowed,starfield,TES 6 and their other games finally these same "journalists" will talk about how game pass is so amazing again.

Plantoid

We live in a world where winning at the internet has boiled down to engagement of tweets compared to other tweets. Its like nobody here plays games man.
Since the thread basically was created to brag about some new kind of obscure metric of engagement I'm just leveling the playfield

kirby007

Fans of team A dislike the reply, fans of team B like it. And so round #9.1298 of the war continues neither side actually convincing the other or actually make a good point.
Beats total drama island on drama

octiny

Banned
How did Xbox get ratio'ed with 17.5k likes to only 1k replies?

I'm not up to date with this twitter crap but I think OP is dumb and got "ratio'ed" wrong.

Anyway the whole thing is a waste of braincells.

They didn't, in this case, Kotaku got ratio'ed.

In Twitter land, Xbox did the mic drop on them.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Give Kotaku a break.

They were responsible for my sexual awakening, and taught me it was okay to be unapologetically black. Besides, Xbox has too many holes.

That reminds me of Hermione...

Wow. Xbox really is run by man-children

Did you just call inXile man-children for giving that insufferable Sony fanboy the time of day to let him know their situation is the polar opposite of what he (and other insufferable Sony fanboys like him) love to hear themselves say as if they know anything about anything regarding 1st party devs relationship with MS?

Shmunter

One thing to observe is how at mercy the smaller devs are on a service that catches a cold when MS sneezes. Very fragile.

Ms not wanting to sell annual subs so as to gouge higher monthly prices is also to blame.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
So, they'll say a service is good when it's good? How is that wrong?

Gamepass has been offering really poor updates for a while, how is Kotaku wrong for reporting it?
The service is universal. Sometimes you get games you personally like. And sometimes you dont. That is the downside of a big service with different taste.

Also, the service had big months on January and end of march.

June showcase would see new gamepass games, which would make this article pointless.

Last year, the showcase gave us alot of big games.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's Kotaku for ya. A company born from Gawker.

You dont hear from Kotaku anymore aside from occasional bait pieces or tweets. Amazing how far they fell when 10 years ago they were much bigger.

Top Bottom