• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku's review of Kingdom Hearts III is... uhm... something else.

brian0057

Banned
Some excerpts for your cringing pleasure.

Dx3xMohWkAIbKyL

Dx3xOImWkAAo7_X

Dx3xhcgXgAAO0vT

Source: https://kotaku.com/kingdom-hearts-iii-the-kotaku-review-5113989
Archive: http://archive.ph/o8FtC
Shout out to the following twitter user for the screenshots: https://twitter.com/BlackCat_Dandy

Last edited:
Kotaku has had several off the wall reviews. I think Pokemon Let's Go is the one that that really dropped my readership at Kotaku. Between that and their association with an unnamed hate mongering site, I really see my time with them limited.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Time to prep for my KH3 review!
giphy.gif

Need a little more inspiration for my creative writings!
tenor.gif

Okay, just a few edits because I don't think the normies will "get it".
B01C8A98E54EECFEF0937EC719821BE89D2A2D9D

Just a lil proof reading, we all good, publish!
tenor.gif

I fucking nailed it!!!
giphy.gif

ExpandKong

Banned
Tim Rogers always does this. And it's always annoying. All his articles and reviews are like this.

I did not know Tim Rogers was still writing. I assumed he died of some kind of pH imbalance after reading one of his own articles and jacking off too much.

What in the fuck is he trying to say? What does this asshole think he's trying to pull?

This is what passes for "game journalism" a decade after the demise of the Ziff Davis EGM, what a travesty on every level.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
It’s sad that Old Man Murray doesn’t exist anymore. Someone needs to thoroughly mock and satirize today’s shitty gaming journalism.

ExpandKong

Banned
It's been on my mind lately because it's been exactly a decade, their final issue being Jan 2009.

I miss them dearly and wonder what became of all the staff, I'm sure they'd have some choice words for the state of modern game journalism.

Oh god, so I actually got a journalism degree (I know) because I loved EGM and wanted to write for them someday (I KNOW).

They released that final issue the month after I graduated.

Kazza

With the recent layoffs at the Huffington Post and Buzzfeed, I wonder how long it will be before we see this kind of thing in the games journalism industry too. I think a lot depends on their costs. The ones with offices in expensive places like San Francisco and New York would likely be the first for the chopping block (not sure where Kotaku is based).

Oh god, so I actually got a journalism degree (I know) because I loved EGM and wanted to write for them someday (I KNOW).

They released that final issue the month after I graduated.

That's a shame.

Tim Rogers is the best. Period.

The best at being a total dipshit that wastes everyone's time with rambling nonsense maybe.

So... Is it good or not ?

All those words and it's not even clear whether he thinks the game is worth buying or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom