• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krull Appreciation Thread

jason10mm

Gold Member
I watched this movie multiple times growing up but I never loved it. It's just ok in my opinion.
It's lesser tier 80's, true.

But if the nostalgia driven member-berries thing could revive stuff like this (and Last Starfighter, Explorers, They Live, Big Trouble in Little China [scratch that, that one is perfect], etc) I think it would be awesome. These fun but flawed properties didn't have the budget or quite the polish they could have and I think they would adapt well to new movies or TV that could explore their themes more completely without having to be held up to an outright 80's classic and looking drab by comparison. So rather than dropping the crazy cash for big ticket IP, studios should be mining these rough gems for a fraction of the cost that are unique, still carry some geek cred, but don't have quite the expectations and baggage. I for one would flip my shit if someone announced a "Misfits of Science" show or a new DeathStalker film because I have a fondness for the IP but am more open to a modern take than I would be for better stuff.

Top Bottom