• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Sales | you're officially broke: indie game / cheap game spotlight

Petrie said:
I've always heard Zero Punctuation talk about how awesome Painkiller is, which of the games would be the one to buy?
Black edition is what I have, and I like it.

Just wanted to say something really quick:

I started playing the game, and I found it to be quite boring. Then, I looked up the cheats for it, and gave myself all the guns before I was supposed to have them. It's way more fun like that. I'm actually enjoying it now!

Talyn

faceless007 said:
Thinking about some last-minute grabs, anyone played either Hacker Evolution or RoboBlitz? $2.5 each and they look kinda neat.
If you're interested in Hacker get the bundle with both for $4.99. As for the games themselves, they're sorta like Uplink but with more typing and a storyline. (Yes, I know Uplink has a storyline but it's easy to miss with all the random hacking you're doing.)

Mista Koo

I hate you OP. Just bought $72 worth of games from the OP most of which were impulse bought (averages to $3 per game, not bad).

Even though I already spent a lot and got enough games during last week, as a wannabe game developer I felt bad ignoring indie developers or people who really could use my money. I bought almost everything that seemed remotely interesting after getting the stuff I'm familiar with.

HBroward

OniShiro said:
I've done the opposite, bought Dreamfall + TLJ and will wait for VtM: Bloodlines to be around 5€ ( hopefully christmas? )
3 years since it was last on sale on Steam. Are you willing to wait another 3 years, for when they discount it 25% to $15? :)

PaulLFC

Still having trouble with the Sanctum demo tutorial. It's as if there's something wrong with the vertical axis - if I turn invert vertical off, the crosshair keeps moving to the top of the screen, if I turn it on, it moves to the bottom.

It does this automatically, it doesn't stay in the position I leave the mouse like all other FPS games do.

Anyone have a similar problem? I can't even aim at anything in the level because the game is fighting against me for control of the crosshair.

Talyn

PaulLFC said:
Still having trouble with the Sanctum demo tutorial. It's as if there's something wrong with the vertical axis - if I turn invert vertical off, the crosshair keeps moving to the top of the screen, if I turn it on, it moves to the bottom.

It does this automatically, it doesn't stay in the position I leave the mouse like all other FPS games do.

Anyone have a similar problem? I can't even aim at anything in the level because the game is fighting against me for control of the crosshair.
Didn't try the demo but nothing like that has happened to me in the actual game. Do you have a controller plugged in, maybe it's conflicting if you do? (I had that problem with Frozen Synapse and apparently I'm the only one to ever have that happened. Totally screwed up the mouse controls until I unplugged it. Weird.)

Chavelo

AAAaaaAAAaaa
Stubbs The Zombie
Nation Red
Ben There, Dan That/Time Gentlemen, Please!

10 bucks...

Sell me on it, GAF. D: I'm freaking out. >.<

Gvaz

Banned
I've heard of that symptom before but not just with frozen synapse. I forgot about that since I have a wireless controller and it shuts off after a bit.

Ionic

Are Bullet Candy or Arcadia any good? I'd like to get one of these top down arena shooters before the sale ends.

Kalnos

Banned
Info about what happened with Terraria's price increase, mock if old.

On a seperate note, I wanted to just make an apology about my not being around for the ‘situation’ with pricing on Steam this weekend. I was at Connecticon from Friday to Sunday. As for the issue itself, we did not intend the sale price to be 75% off at any time, so when the situation was noticed, it was corrected. Hence why it so quickly changed to 50% and caused so many so much grief. We’ve received many angry emails for people blaming us personally, and calling us greedy, but that is simply not the case here.

PaulLFC

Talyn said:
Didn't try the demo but nothing like that has happened to me in the actual game. Do you have a controller plugged in, maybe it's conflicting if you do? (I had that problem with Frozen Synapse and apparently I'm the only one to ever have that happened. Totally screwed up the mouse controls until I unplugged it. Weird.)

That worked, thanks :)

Talyn

Ionic said:
Are Bullet Candy or Arcadia any good? I'd like to get one of these top down arena shooters before the sale ends.
Have you considered Nation Red? It's a top down shooter where you're constantly being swarmed by waves of zombies, has a lot of different weapons and pickups and a perk system. It's fast paced, it's hectic, it's gory, it's pretty much like one of those "swawn events" in Left4Dead only they never stop coming.

Ionic

Talyn said:
Have you considered Nation Red? It's a top down shooter where you're constantly being swarmed by waves of zombies, has a lot of different weapons and pickups and a perk system. It's fast paced, it's hectic, it's gory, it's pretty much like one of those "swawn events" in Left4Dead only they never stop coming.

I bought Nation Red day 1 (before we knew they were even going to have such fantastic post-release support for it). Great game. I was just looking for some more titles like that.

What does everybody think about Chime?

Gav47

I changed my mind from yesterday, I ended up getting the Mawesome pack, greed corp, Flight control and the Oddboxx.

I highly recommend Flight Control, that game is just good simple fun.

I only bought the Oddboxx based on Stewards Gilrays comments saying that Strangers Wraith will get a title update to bring it up to spec with the PSN version when its released.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ionic said:
I bought Nation Red day 1 (before we knew they were even going to have such fantastic post-release support for it). Great game. I was just looking for some more titles like that.

What does everybody think about Chime?

Google and buy Crimsonland if you never heard of it. Its the better Nation Red.

Netto-kun

Last minute pick-ups:

- Bullet Candy
- Eternity's Child
- Super Laser Racer
- Dark Void Zero
- Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
- The Final Hours of Portal 2

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Netto-kun said:
Last minute pick-ups:

- Bullet Candy
- Eternity's Child
- Super Laser Racer
- Dark Void Zero
- Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
- The Final Hours of Portal 2

noooo, dont get Eternities child or Doc Clock! Especially Eternities child! Massive regret incoming!

My last-minute grabs, I decided to only get games discounted at 66% or more (though I made an exception for Nimbus)

Zen Bound 2 $1.00
Caster $1.00
Musaic Box $1.24
Blueberry Garden $1.25
I-Fluid $1.25
Just Cause 2 DLC $2.23
Stubbs the Zombie $2.50
Saira $2.50
RoboBlitz $2.50
Saira $2.50
System Protcol One $2.50
CreaVures $3.40
Bloody Good Time $3.74
Sanctum $3.75
Nimbus $4.99
The Longest Journey+Dreamfall $6.24
Shadowgrounds Pack $4.99

Total $50.06

It's kind of sad how long I spent weighing on whether to include this $2.5 game or that $2.5 game so as not to bring up the total too much.

e_i

Bought today:

Garry's Mod 2.49 USD
Stubbs the Zombie 2.49 USD
Eternity's Child 1.00 USD
Gish 3.40 USD
Commander Keen Complete Pack 3.34 USD
Eschalon: Book I 3.74 USD
Borderlands GOTY 7.50 USD
Machinarium 3.40 USD
Painkiller: Redemption 2.49 USD
MDK Combo 7.49 USD
Eversion 2.49 USD
Dark Sector 4.99 USD

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone want to help me with the Longest Journey + Dreamfall pack? It's still $25 in the US

Send me a PM

TheBear

Just thought I'd bump this, for relevance to the current Steam Sale. Not sure if the prices have changed much, but there's some pretty great games hidden away on sale at the moment and this thread does a great job of highlighting them.

Top Bottom