• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura K. Dale - Failing Upwards

ManaByte

giphy.gif

MrS

Banned
LKD isn't the worst apple out there, but she's definitely bad.
I wouldn't say she's a bad apple she's just absolutely terrible at being a journalist.

Edit: Rewatching the video, I do think she's a bad apple. What the fuck is going on with the constant crowd funding?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
SWERY seems like a sweet, genuine dude and I can't imagine him handling this situation better. His intentions are inclusive and well-intended. Maybe he didn't stick the landing but you have to consider difficulties in translation compounded by the shoe string budgets he and his team work under.

Shai-Tan

Banned
who? some people who complain a lot about politics being injected in games turn around and have no cognitive dissonance between that and shitting up forums with political hit pieces that are only tangentially related to games

Eevee86

I'm amazed any developer would want to put a trans character in their game. It's like willingly walking into a minefield where even the slightest mistake and you're done.

Ovek

7Member7
As is traditional with a Joshua Dale* thread 🤮

* That's going to ruffle some feathers on Reeeee.

Shai-Tan

Banned
The beginning of the video is fair enough and would have been an ok op ed video if it was limited to that but the takedown part of it comes off as a gish gallop to poison the well. The only claim that really sticks is the lying about “almost being kidnapped”. The Xbox controversy is textbook Elizabeth Loftus on how memory is reconstructive and evolves over repeated recall. And the rest of it is just insinuation that they make bad faith Patreons with little evidence to back it up.

I’m sure it will be eaten up by people on Gamergate boards who already want to believe anyone they disagree with is a horrible no good very bad person so they will circle jerk, eating up trash tabloid journalism that confirms their world view while complaining like they actually care about quality journalism.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The beginning of the video is fair enough and would have been an ok op ed video if it was limited to that but the takedown part of it comes off as a gish gallop to poison the well. The only claim that really sticks is the lying about “almost being kidnapped”. The Xbox controversy is textbook Elizabeth Loftus on how memory is reconstructive and evolves over repeated recall. And the rest of it is just insinuation that they make bad faith Patreons with little evidence to back it up.

I’m sure it will be eaten up by people on Gamergate boards who already want to believe anyone they disagree with is a horrible no good very bad person so they will circle jerk, eating up trash tabloid journalism that confirms their world view while complaining like they actually care about quality journalism.

You really shouldn't project onto others. Everything stated in the video can easily be found with a quick google search to be true - but hey you gotta defend this objectively trash sub-human somehow, right? Gotta keep up that virtue-signalling.

Neff

You really shouldn't project onto others. Everything stated in the video can easily be found with a quick google search to be true - but hey you gotta defend this objectively trash sub-human somehow, right? Gotta keep up that virtue-signalling.

Nah, it's a fair point. I dislike LKD but the video is short on evidence.

Top Bottom