• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Writer Sam Maggs confirms that Rivet is canonically a lesbian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woggleman

Lol, "bigots". The SJWs are the biggest bigots in this big, bigoted world. You guys have seriously worn that insult down to having no meaning whatsoever. Sick of this trash infesting and infecting the gaming industry that I grew up with, though. We truly do need a purge - hopefully Elon's hostile takeover of Titter will help get that ball rolling though.
I am not the on we mentioned bigots though. I don't like when people judge all heterosexual men based on Proud Boys or incel forums so the LGBT community should not be judged on the extremists..

It was within this century that gay marriage was a controversial issue so yes real bigotry is still an issue.

Vaelka

Extreme polarisation. How do we stop it?

By just making it about games and not US politics...

And stop listening to fucking morons being all like '' GEJKWQ GIHWEJ GBweiu GEW EVERIYTIHING IWS POLITICWALL LWL '', yes very good you can read politics into Mario if you try hard enough wow so fucking clever.
No one gives a shit and that's not what people mean when they say '' stop politicizng it ''.
What people are saying is stop being obnoxious about it and trying so damn hard, be a bit more humble and stop sniffing your own farts and don't be so scared to death to add certain content because it might make some lunatics on Twitter mad.

Last edited:
I am not the on we mentioned bigots though. I don't like when people judge all heterosexual men based on Proud Boys or incel forums so the LGBT community should not be judged on the extremists..

It was within this century that gay marriage was a controversial issue so yes real bigotry is still an issue.
Being opposed to gay marriage doesn't necessarily mean youre a "bigot" though. There are perfectly valid societal reasons to not want to encourage that on the same level as traditional marriage. Personally, I don't think govt should be in the business of marriage but if they are, there needs to be a reason such as "children raised in a traditional nuclear family are much more likely to become good, helpful citizens", etc. It isn't, and shouldn't be about "equality".

Sure, I believe most people should have the right to love and live how they choose, but that doesn't mean society equally benefits from those different types of relationships and so forcing "equality" isn't always the answer.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ratchet and Clank itself needs some coolness back I can understand introducing a female character and that’s a positive but people went to the series I believe for the weapons and explosives.

GymWolf

Being opposed to gay marriage doesn't necessarily mean youre a "bigot" though. There are perfectly valid societal reasons to not want to encourage that on the same level as traditional marriage. Personally, I don't think govt should be in the business of marriage but if they are, there needs to be a reason such as "children raised in a traditional nuclear family are much more likely to become good, helpful citizens", etc. It isn't, and shouldn't be about "equality".

Sure, I believe most people should have the right to love and live how they choose, but that doesn't mean society equally benefits from those different types of relationships and so forcing "equality" isn't always the answer.
This is fucking bullshit, a fuckload of traditional families are utter shit.

2 good men or 2 good women have the same exact chance of raising a good child compared to a man and a woman.

Last edited:

The Skull

Swing and a miss there slugger.

JackSparr0w

Banned
This is fucking bullshit, a fuckload of traditional families are utter shit.

2 good men or 2 good women have the same exact chance of raising a good child compared to a man and a woman.
Not convinced about that are there any statistics and if someone did that kind of study were they allowed to publish it accurately in this current climate? What I do know is that there is irrefutable proof that children growing up without a father figure are severely disadvantaged while children growing up without a mother figure are only disadvantaged by a tiny amount if any at al.

The best of course is both the father and the mother being around but a strong father figure is paramount.

Last edited:
Not convinced about that are there any statistics and if someone did that kind of study were they allowed to publish it accurately in this current climate? What I do know is that there is irrefutable proof that children growing up without a father figure are severely disadvantaged while children growing up without a mother figure are only disadvantaged by a tiny amount if any at al.

The best of course is both the father and the mother being around but a strong father figure is paramount.
So you're saying two dads is best?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm more of a boring traditionalist fam, but IMO as long as a kid has two good parents at home that's what's key. Everyone has read about single parent homes being harder on kids, but having two is important for tons of reasons:

- More money earned assuming both work
- As long as one parent is around that day, he or she can take care of kids - pick up/drop off etc.... When it's one parent, kid is screwed if they are working and cant make it home on time
- Two parents = two views on life, so a kid should get exposed more to things
- Simply sake of company and fun. More people the better. I grew up with two parents and 3 sibs. Would be weird and boring if it was a single parent household and I was only child

As for what's better to have. Two dads or two moms. Not sure. But if I had to take a guess, I'd predict two dads simply for the reason men typically make more money. So it would help the home have more cash.

GymWolf

I don't need a study to know that 2 good people are gonna raise a good child, no matter the sex.

Many fathers are spineless or pieces of shit, a strong mom can do the fatherly figure just fine, unless you think that all women are frail creatures just because.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom