• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Audio of the Venom: Let There Be Carnage Credits Scene

ManaByte

They held a fan screening of Venom: Let There Be Carnage in the UK over the weekend, and despite Tom Hardy pleading with people not to leak anything...they did.

Venom and Eddie are in hiding after the end of the movie and they're in a room. Venom asks Eddie if he wants to see one second of what his species has been through. Venom does something inside Eddie and Eddie looks strange, but then things suddenly change. The ending to Spider-Man: Far From Home is on the TV, Venom licks the screen saying "he looks tasty" and someone enters the room asking what they're doing in their house/room. The implication is they jumped universes, possibly due to Doctor Strange's spell that brings the original villains into No Way Home.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Running Man Dancing GIF

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Evolution Presents: Evolution of Venom in Games from 1990 to 2021. This video includes the History of Venom in games from the retro classics to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 for PS5.

0:06 The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (1990)
0:20 Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (1994)
0:38 The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes (1995)
0:51 Venom/Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety (1995)
1:08 Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1998)
1:27 Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2000)
1:44 Spider-Man (2000)
1:57 Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (2005)
2:17 Ultimate Spider-Man (2005)
2:38 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006)
2:55 Spider-Man 3 (2007)
3:12 Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (2007)
3:27 Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (2008)
3:45 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (2009)
4:00 Lego Marvel Super Heroes (2013)
4:24 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2014)
4:43 Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (2017)
5:06 Marvel's Spider-Man (2018)
5:23 MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3 (2019)
5:39 Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (2023)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So Spiderman is in the Sonyverse or Venom is coming to the MCU?

Cuz only one of these is exciting.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Big yikes. Such a failed experiment that they have to piggyback off the mcu after they tried to pry spiderman away from it. Lol sony movies
You can't be serious, the inclusion of Sony's universe into the MCU is the only reason anyone cares for the MCU after Endgame.
The No Way Home Trailer didn't rack up 69m views because it was the next Spiderman MCU movie.
It did it because it showed one Raimi Universe character and hinted at others that are not from the MCU.
If Venom wasn't going to be part of the MCU to begin with then neither was characters from Raimi's & Webs Universe was gonna be part of the multiverse they doing now so original there was no multiverse, which would mean the marvel phase 4 looked like shit before, because it certainly does look shit without the multiverse stuff
So it was either always the plan or it was all Sony's doing.

Pick One😉

ManaByte ManaByte
The whole reason they tried to pull him from the MCU was because they wanted to use him in their shitty villain movies. The multiverse lets them do that and keeps them happy.
That's not the reason and you know it.
Let's not paint Disney as the good guy here
Both wanted something and they got it

Last edited:
You can't be serious, the inclusion of Sony's universe into the MCU is the only reason anyone cares for the MCU after Endgame.
The No Way Home Trailer didn't rack up 69m views because it was the next Spiderman MCU movie.
It did it because it showed one Raimi Universe character and hinted at others that are not from the MCU.
If Venom wasn't going to be part of the MCU to begin with then neither was characters from Raimi's & Webs Universe was gonna be part of the multiverse they doing now so original there was no multiverse, which would mean the marvel phase 4 looked like shit before, because it certainly does look shit without the multiverse stuff

Pick One😉

ManaByte ManaByte

MCU doesn't need Venom or Morbius lol. They have so many properties they have yet to touch on like X-Men and Fantastic 4.

Bryank75

Banned
Big yikes. Such a failed experiment that they have to piggyback off the mcu after they tried to pry spiderman away from it. Lol sony movies
What? What are you talking about?

You know Sony produce all of Tarantinos films now?

Last edited:

ManaByte

"There’s a Venom-Verse, you know, there’s a Spider-Verse, there’s multiverses, there’s all kinds of canon and lore and mythology to explore both laterally and forward in time. I think with the right people and the right planning, and feedback from the audience, and understanding it’s about making the right choices at the right time... Even with foresight of understanding where things may go already or they wish to go, it’s a combination of all those in the alchemy of what it will be."

Umbasaborne

Banned
I like these marvel movies, dont get me wrong, but they are so stupid at this point that such a massive shark jump isn’t even suprising or upsetting. After space jam 2, and ready player one, its all about that metaverse baby!

sol_bad

Pick One😉

ManaByte ManaByte

Let's not paint Disney as the good guy here
Both wanted something and they got it

No connection to the Raimi movies, 83 million views.

The Raimi movies have nothing to do with people being hyped for MCU Spidey 3.

*EDIT*
Does this mean that Feige will have more input with future Sony Spidey films? Maybe not full creative control but more input to make them actual good films?

Last edited:

Nvzman

I actually liked Venom for what it was. It was a dumb fun movie with some interesting ideas and a unique take on the character. I remember more of it than 90% of the conveyor belt MCU movies, so I can definitely give it that.
And please for the love of God, never let Disney get the rights to Spider-Man. Everything they've done with the character (they did write the MCU Spidey movies) has been the biggest character assassination I've ever seen. Spider-Man was always the big loner character of the Marvel universe, and then they give him a bunch of dumb, annoying as fuck friends and he barely gives a shit about his secret identity, and then he's always crying about wanting to be an avenger. Literally like no SM comic I've ever read in my life, and nothing what I actually like about the character. I'd still take Garfield's flawed take, at least there was a mild degree of understanding of what makes Spider-Man... Spider-Man.

The only true-to-comic adaption of SM was the Raimi movies, and anyone who says other wise has never read a Stan Lee/Bronze Age SM comic in their life.

hemo memo

Gold Member

*EDIT*
Does this mean that Feige will have more input with future Sony Spidey films? Maybe not full creative control but more input to make them actual good films?

The first film was a Tony film. The second is filled with references and started with Nick and Maria. Third is Dr. Strange + All his appearances in the other MCU movies. Yes a big reason of the popularity of the latest Spidy movies is absolutely the MCU.

sol_bad

The first film was a Tony film. The second is filled with references and started with Nick and Maria. Third is Dr. Strange + All his appearances in the other MCU movies. Yes a big reason of the popularity of the latest Spidy movies is absolutely the MCU.

I think you are confused with what I wrote.
I agree, people are excited for Spidey 3 because it is MCU related.
They are not excited just because Spidey 3 has Raimi villains in it.
:)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

*EDIT*

No Way Home was over a short period, smashing Endgames record
Completely different, come back in 2 years and look at the numbers.
Your delusional if you think that it has nothing to do with it 😂

Feige has always had input since the original Spider-man in 2002.
And I ain't even gonna comment on that last bit piece of nonsense.
Seriously if there was a poll asking who played the best Aunt May, you would choose Marisa Tomei over Rosemary Harris.
Simply because she's the MCU one.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It never made sense to me that a young teenage Peter Parker would have an aunt who's already in her 70s or 80s. If May is supposed to be the sister of his mother or father, wouldn't she be on the younger side?

This is why I like seeing Marisa Tomei as Aunt May. It makes more sense.

And yes, I know there's May- December siblings out there... Where one is 20+ years older than the other ... But that's not a common occurrence.

Camreezie

What? What are you talking about?

You know Sony produce all of Tarantinos films now?
I'm talking about everything sony superhero related post Raimi trilogy being a flop critically. They had to be dragged back to be tied in to the mcu for people to care. Amazing spiderman they canned after two movies because of it being a flop, second venom looks like the same case

sol_bad

No Way Home was over a short period, smashing Endgames record
Completely different, come back in 2 years and look at the numbers.
Your delusional if you think that it has nothing to do with it 😂

Feige has always had input since the original Spider-man in 2002.
And I ain't even gonna comment on that last bit piece of nonsense.
Seriously if there was a poll asking who played the best Aunt May, you would choose Marisa Tomei over Rosemary Harris.
Simply because she's the MCU one.

No, Feige didn't really have any input in the older Spider-man and X-Men films. Maybe a few tiny minor things mentioned here and there but he was in no way involved in their production.

Associate and executive producers are not involved in the creative process and that's what he was in the older days.

The Raima movies wish they could make the same money as MCU Spidey.

ManaByte

No, Feige didn't really have any input in the older Spider-man and X-Men films. Maybe a few tiny minor things mentioned here and there but he was in no way involved in their production.

Associate and executive producers are not involved in the creative process and that's what he was in the older days.

The Raima movies wish they could make the same money as MCU Spidey.

Feige was involved in the Fox/Sony Marvel stuff up to around 2006 when the fallout with Avi Arad happened. Feige was responsible for stuff like Wolverine's hair in the original X-Men and other small things.

Around 2006 he and Avi Arad had the epic falling out and Feige went to head up Marvel Studios solo and begin developing their film slate that Paramount would distribute beginning with Iron Man.

But you're correct, he's had no input in the Sony or Fox stuff after that. The Sony hack revealed a huge list of suggestions he had with Amazing Spider-Man 2, which just happened to be every complaint people had with the movie, and Sony completely ignored his feedback. Then the movie underperformed, they lost a shitload of money on it, and they had to crawl back to Feige to save their franchise.

Disney is gonna buy Sony.

No they're not. The source on that is a bullshit clickbait website that makes up shit for clicks. Sony isn't for sale, and Chapek is so cheap (he's worse than Eisner) he wouldn't do a huge acquisition like Iger would and the shareholders despise him so much they'd never approve it.

The Raimiverse cameos are the only reason I'm moderately excited to watch the next spiderboy movie. I know I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO
I see this movie bombing critically and doing well at the BO again. A good portion of its BO gross will come from China, and I'm pretty sure this will release in China since Tencent is a partner.

sol_bad

Is it getting released in China?

*EDIT*
And nah, Venom would have still made money without China, it only had a 100 million budget or so.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Is it getting released in China?

*EDIT*
And nah, Venom would have still made money without China, it only had a 100 million budget or so.

Nope. It needed $450M to break even. Without China it only got half that.

sol_bad

Nope. It needed $450M to break even. Without China it only got half that.

What the fuck? Did they go overboard on marketing or something?

I don't know for certain, but I don't think Venom was as profitable to Sony as some people think. People look at the OMG 850MM at the BO and automatically think Sony made 850MM. People like John Campea are constantly using that number without really understanding it.

Besides the major marketing push they had to split the profit with other financiers. Deadline has the overall profit at ~247MM (this includes TV and home release), but that has to be split up. Venom blew up in China in no small part because of Tencent, who took a big chunk of the movie's proceeds. Disney is the only major studios who finances all their big tentpoles by themselves. Few exceptions being Warner and Harry Potter movies. Disney, if you remember, cut ties with previous Fox financing partner, Chernin (though will still work with them in some movies for the foreseeable future as part of the break up agreement).

Overall their horror movies like Don't Breathe and Escape Room provide a great ROI. Low budget, cheap market and a cheap thrill that people like going to the movies for. Other than that Sony is notoriously bad with monetizing their movies. I'm guessing their best ROI for a Spidey movie since SM2 was ITTS.

NWH might beat it, but Disney is taking 25% of that one.

The numbers below are from someone people trust at BOT. I trust these numbers, but you can take it with a grain of salt:

Spider man profits look like this (from Sony point of view, including merch when they had them or the 25 millions they get from Marvel after they sold them back to them)

Amazing Spider man 2: 14.5 millions on 603 millions in revenues
Amazing Spider man 1: 69.9 millions on 704 millions in revenues
Spider man 3........: 188.2 millions on 1,123 millions in revenues
Spider man 2........: 279.8 millions on 1,088 millions in revenues
In grossly adjusted (using release date) for 2014 dollars it look like this:
Amazing Spider man 2: 14.5 millions on 603 millions in revenues on 708 millions WW box office
Amazing Spider man 1: 72.1 millions on 725.9 millions in revenues on 781 millions WW box office
Spider man 3........: 214.9 millions on 1,282.20 millions in revenues on 1,021 millions WW box office
Spider man 2........: 350.7 millions on 1,363.52 millions in revenues on 996 millions WW Box office

Actual revenues wise it was down to about making 44% from their biggest success Spider Man 2. Yes it explain I think the deal they made, their profit was lower than the check they got from Marvel to have made a spider man movies on the last one, it was a net negative one in reality. And their co-financier were loosing money ($5 million) on it, making the number above look better than reality.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I don't know for certain, but I don't think Venom was as profitable to Sony as some people think. People look at the OMG 850MM at the BO and automatically think Sony made 850MM. People like John Campea are constantly using that number without really understanding it.

Besides the major marketing push they had to split the profit with other financiers. Deadline has the overall profit at ~247MM (this includes TV and home release), but that has to be split up. Venom blew up in China in no small part because of Tencent, who took a big chunk of the movie's proceeds. Disney is the only major studios who finances all their big tentpoles by themselves. Few exceptions being Warner and Harry Potter movies. Disney, if you remember, cut ties with previous Fox financing partner, Chernin (though will still work with them in some movies for the foreseeable future as part of the break up agreement).

Overall their horror movies like Don't Breathe and Escape Room provide a great ROI. Low budget, cheap market and a cheap thrill that people like going to the movies for. Other than that Sony is notoriously bad with monetizing their movies. I'm guessing their best ROI for a Spidey movie was since SM2 was ITTS.

NWH might beat it, but Disney is taking 25% of that one. These numbers are from someone people trust at BOT. I trust these numbers, but you can take it with a grain of salt:

Are the MCU Spidey films terrible at making profit as well?

Top Bottom