• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Audio of the Venom: Let There Be Carnage Credits Scene

K' Dash

Sony got their way to join their shitty dumpster fire movies to the MCU.

I guess that says something about how bad Marvel wants Spidey in the MCU, as meh as their movies are.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Cool. I figured this was inevitable after the Morbius leaks. Marvel really wants Spider-Man a part of their universe and I don't blame them.

Are the MCU Spidey films terrible at making profit as well?

Homecoming was 200MM and FFH was 340MM according to Deadline. Disney got 5% first day gross for those. Not sure if Pascal Pictures got anything, but I'm guessing just participation and that's been accounted for. Overall Sony probably got most of those profits.

MCU movies print money for the financier(s). It's as sure a thing as one can have today. NWH should do BP profit numbers, or even a bit higher, at 500MM it would mean 375MM profit for Sony, 125MM profit for Disney. That's a big reason why Disney wanted 50/50 co fi/profit split for all Sony Marvel movies going forward and Sony wanted to keep the status quo. That's the main reason I don't think the deal is sustainable long term. Disney will ask for the same thing they asked in 2019, if not more, and Sony will try to resist as much as they can.

ManaByte

So this was confirmed to be real. The movie is playing in theaters and I'm pretty sure there are bootlegs of the scene floating around.

Anyways...

Venom tells Eddie that the symbiotes are a hive-mind that spans universes.

When Venom is giving Eddie a sample of what the symbiotes have seen, the room changes, shakes, and a bright yellow light is seen through the windows. It looks like Doctor Strange's spell from the NWH trailer. Venom says he didn't do it.

The TV showing JJ Jameson from FFH also shows Peter Parker, but it's NOT footage from Far From Home. It looks like a green screen cameo filmed just for this movie. It's just an obviously green screened Peter Parker in costume standing on a fake city street.

This movie sucked ass. I actually think it may have been worse than the first and I really disliked the first. Even though it was short I found myself checking the time like 2 or 3 times. There's a reason a lot of reviews mainly mention the post credit scene.

That said if you liked the first you might enjoy this one since it's very similar in tone and whatnot. So to each their own. I really think they should close caption Venom (and Carnage) though. It's like trying to understand Arnold Schwarzenegger when he's drunk as hell. Really difficult. Overall it's just a poor product IMO.

Shriek may be a mutant which is interesting. One of the first lines of the movie is her saying "My mutation is getting stronger" or something like that.

Post credit scene makes more sense now. I'm pretty sure it's basically Dr. Strange shenanigans that we see in the NWH trailer that transports Venom and Eddie to a new universe. Even Venom says he didn't do it and was surprised when it happened. Guess we can expect Venom in NWH.

ManaByte

Post credit scene makes more sense now. I'm pretty sure it's basically Dr. Strange shenanigans that we see in the NWH trailer that transports Venom and Eddie to a new universe. Even Venom says he didn't do it and was surprised when it happened. Guess we can expect Venom in NWH.

Yup explains why Sony refused to delay the movie past NWH and why Hardy was wearing the crew hat.

Top Bottom