• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Black Panther 2 Concept Art Reveals Marvel’s Greatest Villain in the MCU (SPOILERS)

ManaByte

Parts of this image have been floating around for a month or so, but the full thing leaked this week:

BhhuRRN.jpg

He apparently doesn’t have a huge role in BP2, little more than a cameo, but the rumor is it’s to reveal he’s the one pulling the strings behind the main conflict in the movie. Obviously he’s going to be the big bad going forward.

Last edited:

ManaByte

He’s apparently only in the credits scene so don’t get too hyped. But the implication is that he’s been pulling strings for a long time and was behind both Klau and Sonny Birch in Ant-Man 2. Doom wants Vibranium and the Quantum Realm for something.

Lady Jane

Banned
They have a lot of work to do to sell me on Dr. Doom being a Thanos tier villain after Fantastic Four made a washed version of him...twice.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

They have a lot of work to do to sell me on Dr. Doom being a Thanos tier villain after Fantastic Four made a washed version of him...twice.
With these new big bads being introduced, the question of what they were doing during Thanos' stone hunt and if they got blipped will arise but probably ignored, making the Infinity Saga less and less special in the grand scheme of MCU things I fear.

Lady Jane

Banned
With these new big bads being introduced, the question of what they were doing during Thanos' stone hunt and if they got blipped will arise but probably ignored, making the Infinity Saga less and less special in the grand scheme of MCU things I fear.

Yeah but what else can they do? They can't reference Thanos forever. I think the Infinity Saga will always be the most special time in the MCU so I wouldn't worry about it being forgotten. I'll be surprised if they hit that level of relevance again.

GymWolf

Is this one powerfull enough to not be ridiculized by the redhead chick like little thany was?!

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Yeah but what else can they do? They can't reference Thanos forever. I think the Infinity Saga will always be the most special time in the MCU so I wouldn't worry about it being forgotten. I'll be surprised if they hit that level of relevance again.
True but MCU blip lasted 5 years while it was very short in the comics. They could've gone into what happened during that time and create some original story threads to expand upon in later MCU phases.

Now the infinity stones get turned paper weights, Thanos is a theme in an Asgard ice cream shop(a bit weird since Thanos killed so many Asgardians, I doubt any Jews would open an ice cream shop with an Auschwitz theme).

Last edited:

ManaByte

They literally introduced Mutants today.

They're revealing F4 at D23 Expo.

Those are Marvel's flagship franchises. Their time of needing B-list characters to carry the MCU is over.

Kssio_Aug

The last few movies made Fantastic 4 B list.
Yeah, they were pretty bad. Although, to be fair, I never saw them as interesting super hero characters to begin with... Always thought that having an very elastic body was a pretty lame super power. Let's see how Disney / Marvel will handle them in the future. Hoping for the best, of course.

ManaByte

Let's see how Disney / Marvel will handle them in the future. Hoping for the best, of course.

F4 to Marvel is a bigger deal to get right for Marvel than the first Avengers. It was Stan Lee's first Marvel creation and the movie has their highest priority over anything else.

AJUMP23

Yeah, they were pretty bad. Although, to be fair, I never saw them as interesting super hero characters to begin with... Always thought that having an very elastic body was a pretty lame super power. Let's see how Disney / Marvel will handle them in the future. Hoping for the best, of course.
Rock, Fire, Stretchiness and invisibility, the 4 elements.

AJUMP23

F4 to Marvel is a bigger deal to get right for Marvel than the first Avengers. It was Stan Lee's first Marvel creation and the movie has their highest priority over anything else.
They wanted to get Star Wars right too. Although I will say with the track record, marvel has a better chance to get it right.

ManaByte

ManaByte

They are all owned by DISNEY!

But that's stupid. It's like blaming the Walt Disney Animation Studios who made Moana or Encanto for Pixar's movies being shit.

Or it's like blaming Insomniac for Abby killing Joel in TLOU2, because hey they're both owned by Sony.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

But that's stupid. It's like blaming the Walt Disney Animation Studios who made Moana or Encanto for Pixar's movies being shit.

Or it's like blaming Insomniac for Abby killing Joel in TLOU2, because hey they're both owned by Sony.
Keep it up and I will be blaming you.

Disney Cooperate has been ruining lot of stuff recently.

chromhound

Shuri is the new BP, M'Baku is the new King of Wakanda. Shuri and Iron Heart are the main characters, Namor and Lake Bell's character (who is working for Doom) are the villains.
i don't know why but i have zero interest in this film...

Trogdor1123

I've not read any of the Fantastic Four comics, and only vaguely remember any details from the awful films, but how did Doom - a guy who got beat by a walking rock and an elastic man - literally turn Thanos into dust?
God emperor doom. It’s a huge thing in the comics. Great storyline

Trogdor1123

For those unfamiliar(like me), how did he become a god?
Here is a link to a YouTube video that should help some.

Be warned, it might have a few spoilers for upcoming stuff. With all the stuff in doctor strange I can’t believe i missed this.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Everyone complaining that there's no big bad after Thanos, and Marvel's like:
boom smile GIF

Doctor Strange 2 just introduced the Incursions.
Yep, the big players are all due to be introduced as well. It should actually work out well.

Guess secret wars will just be a “thing” in the background and not as big as people thought. Closer to Civil War than something else

ManaByte

Yep, the big players are all due to be introduced as well. It should actually work out well.

Guess secret wars will just be a “thing” in the background and not as big as people thought. Closer to Civil War than something else
Nah I can see it as the end of this multiversal saga with God Doom as the big bad to defeat.

Top Bottom