• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked images of the original version of Resident Evil 7 have surfaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Despite its popularity, Resident Evil has been a series that has gone through a lot of controversy over the years, with many games dividing its fan base. The most notorious titles were Resident Evil 5 and 6, which invested even more heavily in the action part. With the release of Resident Evil 7, Capcom decided to bring the franchise back to its origins, focusing more on the horror side than on the action. However, it looks like we could have been given a very different game. According to insider Dusk Golem, instead of the new protagonist Ethan, Resident Evil 7 was originally going to be more of an action title similar to Resident Evil 6, but featuring Leon and Sherry as the protagonists of the story. The game would take place in Europe in a fictional city inspired by Venice, Italy:

085551.jpg

085552.jpg

FoaQZpBacAAUZM2

Last edited:

Gp1

It would be a safe bet for Capcom given that the only good part of Resident Evil 6 is Leon's Story.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I loved RE6 and first person games often make me motion sick (RE7 definitely did).

I'd play it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you get motion sick when you drive? I've never encountered someone with this issue so I'm curious.
Not typically. I used to play first person games quite often with no issues, but this started when I was in my mid 40s. Some games are tolerable, others are vomit-inducing for me regardless of the FOV settings. Typically no issues with third person, isometric, 2D, etc.

kunonabi

Considering how much work Re6 did to repair Leon and how surprisingly well older Sherry turned out I'd have been down.

And considering RE7 goes to shit fairly early I'm sure I'd have enjoyed this more even if some of RE6's problems had lingered.

.Pennywise

Banned
Not typically. I used to play first person games quite often with no issues, but this started when I was in my mid 40s. Some games are tolerable, others are vomit-inducing for me regardless of the FOV settings. Typically no issues with third person, isometric, 2D, etc.
I have the same issue. It's mostly due to low FOV and/or not high enough framerate

ACESHIGH

Banned
Thank god for RE7!!! Although I think Gears of Evil is going to make a comeback after RE4Make. I have seen folks asking to remake RE5 ffs... once the kids that started gaming with the 360/PS3 take over as the main demographic, its game over any sense of taste in the medium if not a thing already.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Lol, I can't tell who is who. I'm assuming that's Leon in the 2nd photo but why is he wearing Claire's outfit from Revelations 2? Any why does Claire (?) in the first image look like Leon.

Thank god Capcom did a complete 180 from RE6, I legit thought the series was dead when I played RE6 on launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom