• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Xbox controller "changes color with light and motion"

Sho_Gunn

Banned
Instead of releasing different colours - you'd think MS woold rather focus on QC for the Elite 2. Its still crap.

And we dont need more colours ffs, there the design lab to build your own.
It's insane that such an expensive product is such shit. I've returned two so far with stick drift

Then there are features in Returnal and GT7 that stands far above that. I wasn’t that impressed with the haptics and triggers over standard rumble until playing those two games with those features.
I played Returnal and I wasn’t blown away. I think astronot had the best use case with rain and snow. I don’t think it’s a game changer where Xbox games feel worse without it. It would be nice to have but I still think rumble recreates much of the feeling outside of the smaller details.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I played Returnal and I wasn’t blown away. I think astronot had the best use case with rain and snow. I don’t think it’s a game changer where Xbox games feel worse without it. It would be nice to have but I still think rumble recreates much of the feeling outside of the smaller details.
I never said it was a game changer, I said I wasn't impressed until playing those games. And yes, Astro was good as well.

When done right, it does shine. I won't play those games without it now (turned off), because to me, it adds to the experience.

Last edited:
It's insane that such an expensive product is such shit.
Phil-Spencer-elogia-el-liderazgo-del-director-de-God-Of-War.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to Xbox, the Lunar Shift controller shifts from silver to gold when the light hits it, “giving the controller a stylised, smokey atmosphere”.

The grips also have a grey and black swirls design, which is unique to each controller, and the triggers, bumpers and back case have a textured grip too.

GymWolf

They are going the sony way uh...

Add useful features like back buttons or enhanche your build quality instead of introducing useless crap.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Textured triggers and bumpers I Rubberized swirl side grips I Hybrid D-pad I Button mapping I Bluetooth® technology
Get free shipping and hassle-free returns when you buy direct from Microsoft Store.
$69.99 ERP**
ADD TO CART
FIND A RETAILER

The Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition with right side of the controller turned forward and shimmer background

Elevate your game​

Get surreal with the Xbox Wireless Controller – Lunar Shift Special Edition, featuring a color-shifting, silver-gold shimmer and rubberized gray and black swirl grips. Stay on target with textured grip on the triggers, bumpers, and back-case.

• Front and back angle of the Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition

• update main gallery with image: Front and back angle of the Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition
  • update main gallery with image: The Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition with right side of the controller turned forward
  • update main gallery with image: The Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition faced forward
  • update main gallery with image: The Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition with left side of the controller turned forward

Dedicated share button​

Seamlessly capture and share content such as screenshots, recordings, and more with the new Share button.

Close up of the rubberized swirl grip on the Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition

Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition D-pad

Textured trigger on the Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition

Stay on target​

Take control with the hybrid D-pad, textured grip on the triggers, and a mesmerizing gray and black swirl that brings each controller to life.

Xbox Wireless Controller - Lunar Shift Special Edition with a computer, TV, and an Xbox Series S

Pejo

Reminds me of that 3rd party controller (I think it was a PS3 one) that had super bright LEDs on the face that would actively blind you while you were playing with it.

Crayon

A gyro with no gyro control? Dude just add it. You finally pulled your head out and put an internal battery in the elite 2 and did the fans revolt? No. They just changed their minds about batteries very quickly. The same thing would happen for gyro control and we could finally have it implemented in more games.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
A gyro with no gyro control? Dude just add it. You finally pulled your head out and put an internal battery in the elite 2 and did the fans revolt? No. They just changed their minds about batteries very quickly. The same thing would happen for gyro control and we could finally have it implemented in more games.
Gyro? It's just a fancy paint job.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Waste of time. Out of all the gamers out there, how many care about their gamepads changing colour while they play?

Last edited:
Does it have a half decent rumble function?

And which new game does it come out with? It would be nice if MS asked their studios to release something from time to time, no stress, just maybe if they could it would be nice, we spent enough money to buy a mid-size country.

Top Bottom