• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker Claims Next Mario Kart Game Will Feature More Than Just Super Mario

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to Twitter account LeakyPandy, it's possible that a new Mario Kart game could be revealed in 2022 that will either be called Mario Kart 10 or Mario Kart Crossroads. Some Mario Kart fans may be confused by that proposed title, as there was never a Mario Kart 9. However, it seems that if there's any truth to this rumor, Nintendo must count the mobile game Mario Kart Tour as a main series entry and therefore it would effectively be Mario Kart 9.

The other interesting tidbit about a potential new Mario Kart game is that it will apparently feature multiple IP. The Mario Kart series has stuck pretty strictly to Super Mario characters until the latest entry, which introduced Animal Crossing's Isabelle and The Legend of Zelda's Link to the mix. It would make sense for the next Mario Kart game to explore that idea further and add even more non-Super Mario characters, though fans should keep their expectations in check. No concrete evidence for a new Mario Kart game has been presented and it's entirely possible that there's no truth to this leak.

Hey IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo , why do you call 'leaker' this apparently random Twitter user? Did he/she leak something before that ended being confirmed to be true?
there's no evidence to back up these claims, and so it's best if fans take this information with a massive grain of salt until an official announcement comes - if one ever does.

Last edited:

TireOnFire

Neo Member

According to Twitter account LeakyPandy, it's possible that a new Mario Kart game could be revealed in 2022 that will either be called Mario Kart 10 or Mario Kart Crossroads. Some Mario Kart fans may be confused by that proposed title, as there was never a Mario Kart 9. However, it seems that if there's any truth to this rumor, Nintendo must count the mobile game Mario Kart Tour as a main series entry and therefore it would effectively be Mario Kart 9.

The other interesting tidbit about a potential new Mario Kart game is that it will apparently feature multiple IP. The Mario Kart series has stuck pretty strictly to Super Mario characters until the latest entry, which introduced Animal Crossing's Isabelle and The Legend of Zelda's Link to the mix. It would make sense for the next Mario Kart game to explore that idea further and add even more non-Super Mario characters, though fans should keep their expectations in check. No concrete evidence for a new Mario Kart game has been presented and it's entirely possible that there's no truth to this leak.

Great, so the next is a spimoff and the one after is mario kartin'

Kokoloko85

Some people seemed really confused when the rumours were the next Mario Kart will be Mario Kart x Smash Bros.
I think its pretty simple, its gonna be Mario Kart with a bigger cast with Nintendo and non Nintendo characters…. Just like Smash Bros

yurinka

Quality analysis:

Best leaker of the year! We found or new messiah! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
surprise-smile.gif

Last edited:

jakinov

Is this the future of news? Random Twitter “leakers” click baiting?

Anyway, Deluxe continues to slay sales everywhere. No chance we’ll see a new Kart anytime soon. Only on Switch’s successor.
It's the future of rumors not news. Now instead of a tabloid or magazine spreading rumors people with Twitter accounts can.

cireza

Banned
Great news. A Mario Kart game with Mario only would have been single player only, and that would have been super boring.

Hopefully there will be more than one track as well. Too bad the leaker could not confirm that...

Last edited:

sinnergy

Samus and the blob from a boy and his blob.
S platoons, Pokémon cast , he/man, michael knight. Michael Jackson , Donald Trump, why not ..

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Mario Kart 10?

9 hasn't come out yet.

Seems legit af.

and Rogue Squadron IV (dev Crytek)

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Riiiiiiiiighht

Last edited:

Boss Mog

They'll probably do it like Smash Brothers. Milk it with a bunch of DLC characters and Special Guests. You just know Cloud on his motorcycle will be in eventually.

Karmic Raze

Doesn’t sound too reliable, but I still look forward to the next entry into the Mario Kart series. I think it’s only natural the next one is like Smash Bros with the other IPs and DLC characters. Sounds really fun to me.

nush

Gold Member
"The next Mario Kart will feature many of the classic characters as well as some new and returning characters to the franchise, there will be new track and even possible some returning tracks from the older entries. Also this is going to be the most graphically impressing game the series has ever seen and is guaranteed to be a top seller. Nintendo are planning right now on spending millions to promote the game"

Am I doing it right?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Pretty fucking obvious they would implement the smash playmodel.

But movesets would be translated to new items.. making the item balance an issue ..

So not sure what impact new players will make in dlc packs besides well new tracks

There has typically only been one new Mario Kart per Nintendo platform. While 8D is technically an up port, it's one with enhanced features to please the mainline fans while work on the mobile Mario Kart Tours was done. I don't see any reason to believe Nintendo would make a new Mario Kart for the Switch when 8 Deluxe is still as popular as ever.

Also, not entirely sure if "Smash Kart" would be in sound taste when Smash Bros. may be in limbo after all the DLC releases, for all we know.

As much as I love Mariokart, it really needs a campaign, boss battles, maybe even custom kart/character sharing. It could learn some things from ModNation Racers. Plus Nintendo seems to be adding a campaign to everything else, so it's time MK got a campaign!!

Bakkus

LOL, anyone can safely pose as an insider with low risk predictions like that. As if the DLC MK8 got wouldn't make it really obvious they're branching out.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'd like to take this moment to share that I've just bought my first Switch last night. It's a regular one...Nintendo calls it "Gray", I call it Gunmetal. Been scouring the front page to find a proper place to mention this.

Yes I am that pathetic. I'll probably lick it through the plastic as an act of christening.

Mario Kart is among the first games I'm gonna grab. I finally get to play BotW. Smash Ultimate? Oooooh baby. Won't get here for another week or so. Could only find it in stock at Amazon UK.

On topic...the next mario kart will feature more than just Super Mario...I mean so it's like Smash but Mario Kart? Seems cool.

Notabueno

Banned
It's so weird to read this, this is exactly the (unsubstantiated but likely) rumors I've heard. A new Mario Kart, called Crossroad (cross for X), featuring tracks set all around the world inspired by famous cities (like in MKT) and basically acting as the Super Smash of karting but only with Nintendo characters for starters. Also hear of the ability of the kart to transform.

But the other rumors of this leaker seem absolute BS.

Top Bottom