• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaving behind the genre of my youth (RPGs) and embracing something different (FPS)

Himuro

So.

This doesn't mean anything to anyone here probably but I decided to abandon the video game genre of my youth: the RPG. Jrpg, wrpg. Didn't matter. I loved the genre although my preference was the jrpg because of its emphasis on mechanics. I love dungeon crawlers and deep mechanical games and unfortunately they're just not made anymore. Experimental games like Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter, Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2, Dark Cloud, Persona 3 even Suikoden games provided a ton of variety within the genre. In between you had games like Xenogears, Grandia, Earthbound. If you wanted to go with theatrics you could play the 3d Final Fantasy games. If you wanted adventure Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger. Horror Shin Megami Tensei. If you wanted something strategy oriented you could go with Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre. There was so much room for so many takes. I love turn based combat but action was an option too if you enjoyed things like Terranigma, Ys, side scroller RPGs like Faxanadu, Zelda II, or Wonder Boy in Monster World.

I haven't even touched on wrpgs. Fallout and Baldur's Gate and KOTOR and Vampire: Bloodlines and fuck yes.

I mention all of this because I went to Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy the other evening. It was okay but the biggest thing is that it made me feel old.

Aside from FFXII, I haven't enjoyed an FF truly since FFX which came out in 2001. I saw the FFXVI trailer the other week and it doesn't even look like Final Fantasy. It looks like a Devil May Cry clone. For nearly twenty years I've waited and I just can't wait any longer. I felt like my time at the concert was a nice bookend for my love for the genre and that it's perfectly acceptable to move on.

Long story short, I feel I waste my time with the genre now. Either they're too fucking long or too fucking casualized.

The RPG genre seems to be complete regression.

I was really taken aback when people praised Witcher 3 as being the best RPG and when I played it had the RPG depth of a baby in one of those plastic ring kiddie pools. The RPG depth in Witcher 3 is so paltry it makes Mass Effect look like Baldur's Gate.

And that's a part of the problem. What even is an RPG anymore? Because when games like God of War have equipment and loot and skill trees, what's the difference to the casual observer? Too many ascribe an RPG with like, picking up loot or branching storylines instead of the mechanics. Like the mechanics of choice. When you start Fallout you get a choice of picking your characters attributes through SPECIAL. That's a choice. When you build a party in Final Fantasy V out of a myriad of jobs. That's a choice. But too often now they've made the choices redundant and are more about the things almost every genre has now. The RPG genre has become so neutered and so picked apart it barely stands on its own anymore.

More and more games restrict the player in a genre that used to be about full freedom. RPGs these days are often glorified Visual Novels and Choose Your Own Adventure games. Games like Dragon Quest are now less about the adventure and more about the cutscenes. Today's RPG developers really, really, REALLY want you to enjoy their stories to the point where they jam pack every scene with as much unnecessary padded bullshit as possible.

A game where you truly control every element like Elden Ring is rare.

I keep getting facebook ads for Soul Hackers 2 and my heart gets smaller every time I see it. Gone is the grit of the original and replaced with placid anime twink bullshit. Is it even still a dungeon crawler? I don't want to find out the answer to that question. Yet when I do sink my teeth into an RPG it's often the last thing I want to do now because of how long they take to get started or how much content there is. I've seen the trailers to Starfield and it looks excellent but I'm also aware I won't have the time nor inclination to dive into a game like that now that I'm in my 30's. It's like RPGs are now a mix between being so neutered they barely resemble the genre or they're for people that don't have a life and you have to play 200-300 hours to beat it. There's no balance.

So as it is, I decided to not bother with new RPGs after leaving Distant Worlds. Not with my time nor money.

Yet somehow FPS games are saving my interest in the hobby. I've been going through the Halo games for the first time and they're riveting fun romps. They don't require too much dedication. I can pop in, pop out and beat the games fast and move on to the next difficulty. What's even more striking to me is the variety in the genre. You've got the campaign oriented romps like Wolfenstein and Doom and Titanfall, but also the multiplayer games like Rainbow Six, Counter Strike, Valorant, Team Fortress, Destiny, and Overwatch . Then there's the hybrid games like Halo titles. Even still, the variety reminds me of my RPGs of old. If you just want pedal to the metal action you can play Doom or Bullet Storm. But if you want resource management and every bullet counts style you have Metro and Stalker. If you want RPG elements and loot you can play Borderlands games. Want puzzle games? Portal and other games come to the rescue. There's so much variety and experimentation going on here from Half Life Alyx to shit like Midnight Ghost Hunt.

I don't know. These games make me excited to play games again. For so long I waited for RPGs to love me back the way I loved them and they just continued to spit in my face. Why invest in a genre that doesn't want you but wants the money people that don't even like you and want you to change as much as possible. If RPGs don't want to be RPGs anymore then why should I continue to buy them? Why not just embrace a genre that's clearly proud of its lineage and doesn't have to sacrifice itself to make ends meet?

The old RPG genre isn't coming back. We still have those old games and that's fine. I've accepted it and decided to move on. Anyone else feel that way? While making this thread I noticed samoilaaa samoilaaa made a thread that's kind of adjacent to what I'm talking about here.

My favorite part is that because FPS was for the most part a genre I neglected I get to experience nearly 20 years of FPS games fresh while also appreciating the modern games. I've been going through Halo 2 and it's a blast. As of now, shocking as it is to say, I will not be buying FFXVI. But I'll definitely get the next Halo.

Last edited:

Himuro

You know it’s not like you can’t play both types of games. I love FPS though, easily my favorite genre so welcome to the family.
You don't get it. Jrpgs are fucking dead like Xeaker Xeaker said. Even the next Valkyrie Profile is an action rpg in a franchise that had historically unique gameplay. They have sacrificed the entire genre for popular appeal.

How old are you?
I never wanted to ditch one genre for another.
I just played both.
In my 30's.

wipeout364

You don't get it. Jrpgs are fucking dead like Xeaker Xeaker said. Even the next Valkyrie Profile is an action rpg in a franchise that had historically unique gameplay. They have sacrificed the entire genre for popular appeal.

In my 30's.
I miss a good party turn based combat system, but you are right that doesn’t seem to be coming back except in indie games.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Jrpgs aren't dead you just need to know where to look. Or you are just burnt out on RPGs in general. Action RPG is still an RPG. If it's turnbased you are looking for those aren't as prominent. And at the end of the day FPS's also amount to being Action RPGs.

Himuro

I miss a good party turn based combat system, but you are right that doesn’t seem to be coming back except in indie games.

One thing about RPGs is that RPGs are more popular than ever. Thing is, the more popular they get the less rpg the get. In Morrowind your bow use was determined by your archery stat. In Skyrim you just have to aim the cursor.

I feel like if RPGs don't want to be RPGs anymore and want to be other genres then I might as well pack it up and play other genres.

Final Fantasy XVI is a great example.

Final Fantasy XVI is an action rpg where you control one character. Not even a party. One character. And if it had say, the depth of Vagrant story, I'd let it slide, but it's an action rpg and it looks no different than Devil May Cry. And if that's the case why shouldn't I just pick up DMC5 instead? It's like RPGs now are tailor made specifically for people that don't even like them.

Himuro

Jrpgs aren't dead you just need to know where to look. Or you are just burnt out on RPGs in general. Action RPG is still an RPG. If it's turnbased you are looking for those aren't as prominent. And at the end of the day FPS's also amount to being Action RPGs.
Action rpgs are rpgs but...because they have the word action in it, this shows that being an action rpg isn't the norm. It's the exception. But these days it's the norm and almost every rpg is an action rpg. And if that's the case, why don't I just play an actual action game instead?

Dream-Knife

Banned
FF games aren't even good games IMO. There's so much more to the genre than shitty Square games. Atlus and Monolithsoft are the heavy hitters now.

You can like multiple genres as well.

Last edited:

Xeaker

Please list me some JRPG that came out in the last 3 years. No pixel art Indie games.

Himuro

FF games aren't even good games IMO. There's so much more to the genre than shitty Square games. Atlus and Monolithsoft are the heavy hitters now.

You can like multiple genres as well.
Yeah, I can like multiple genres. But I'm old and time is limited. I also did not like Persona 5 and have been skeptical towards Atlus' direction. Soul Hackers 2 looks atrocious.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Final Fantasy XVI is a great example.
Game isn't even out yet. Poor example.

Only devs that still do turnbased is primarily indies. Devs chasing the ARPG formulas is the big corps. Hit or miss.

A bunch of ARPGS or Souls knockoff games with their Roguelike appeal. And there are so many it's uninspiring.

I generally don't buy games at launch unless I know it's good. Which is primarily big hit Nintendo only entries.

Himuro

Please list me some JRPG that came out in the last 3 years. No pixel art Indie games.
Pokemon Legends Arceus and SMTV. But yeah, the genre is far from its hey day. RPGs take lots of manpower and budgets are insane these days which requires tradeoffs. But I don't want tradeoffs. I want the real fucking deal.

It seems like RPGs are a void genre outside of rare titles like Elden Ring.

Himuro

Play wasteland 3 for now, and I'll see you again when eiyuden hundred heroes comes out
This might surprise you but I didn't even back Eiyuden's Kickstarter. Because of Shenmue III I am skeptical of Kickstarter games. I might not even play it. There hasn't been a new Suikoden in over a decade and is primarily the fuel - alongside FF going action - as to why I feel this way about RPGs.

You are not allowed to say that you enjoy mechanics heavy RPGs. It is elitist and probably also racist and sexist.
It's also transphobic.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Xenoblade 2
Xenoblade 3 real soon
SMT5
Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin
Atelier Ryza 1
Atelier Ryza 2
Atelier Sophie 2
Triangle Strategy
Pokemon Legends Arceus
FFVII Remake
Monster Hunter Rise
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus

Could probably find more if I slaved away

But an excuse you could use is there aren't any JRPGS that interest you

Nautilus

Banned
Live a Live
Xenoblade Chronicles 3(in a week)
Elden Ring
Triangle Strategy
Atelier Sophie 2
Tales of Arise
Stranger of Paradise:Final Fantasy Origins
Scarlet Nexus
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Shin Megami Tensei 5

And so many more that it's hard to keep track of.

JRPGs are booming again. In that list I gave I think there are like 5 different types of combat systems. I don't get where this complain is comming from.

Himuro

Xenoblade 2
Xenoblade 3 real soon
SMT5
Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin
Atelier Ryza 1
Atelier Ryza 2
Atelier Sophie 2
Triangle Strategy
Pokemon Legends Arceus
FFVII Remake
Monster Hunter Rise
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus

Is Sakuna really an RPG and half of those are Atelier games. Sakuna is the game that caught my eye the most. It has that old school JRPG experimentation going for it. I've been meaning to get to it.

Live a Live
Xenoblade Chronicles 3(in a week)
Elden Ring
Triangle Strategy
Atelier Sophie 2
Tales of Arise
Stranger of Paradise:Final Fantasy Origins
Scarlet Nexus
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Shin Megami Tensei 5

And so many more that it's hard to keep track of.

JRPGs are booming again. In that list I gave I think there are like 5 different types of combat systems. I don't get where this complain is comming from.

Take that list and take away the ones that aren't action rpgs. There's your problem.

Last edited:
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

This might surprise you but I didn't even back Eiyuden's Kickstarter. Because of Shenmue III I am skeptical of Kickstarter games. I might not even play it. There hasn't been a new Suikoden in over a decade and is primarily the fuel - alongside FF going action - as to why I feel this way about RPGs.
I wasn't joking about wasteland 3, I really think it might scratch some itches, it's a legit banger of an rpg

And I fully understand the skepticism of eiyuden, rising sucked but that was always the side project, it at least showed the artistic direction which was pretty dope. It certainly has the heart and soul of suikoden working on it, so hopefully it lands.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i kinda like RPGs like elden ring, fallout new vegas, and terraria cuz they kinda feel like older style RPGs yknow
you're plopped in a world with a bunch of resources, magic and weapons and you're expected to figure shit out and uncover why you're here and what situation you've got yourself into
with games like final fantasy and persona you mainly just feel like you're being taken along for the ride rather than making the ride yourself. it's a different approach but a worse one in my eyes, feels less like an RPG
JRPGs do the latter more which is why i mainly focus on WRPGs

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Is Sakuna really an RPG and half of those are Atelier games. Sakuna is the game that caught my eye the most. It has that old school JRPG experimentation going for it. I've been meaning to get to it.

Take that list and take away the ones that aren't action rpgs. There's your problem.
Yes it is and you should play it. It's a good game. Sounds like it's your problem.

JRPG isn't exclusively a turnbased party oriented game. Can be an ARPG as well.

Being dismissive doesn't mean it isn't there.

And Atlus also put out Monark and very soon in August Soul Hackers 2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xeaker

Xenoblade 2
Xenoblade 3 real soon
SMT5
Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin
Atelier Ryza 1
Atelier Ryza 2
Atelier Sophie 2
Triangle Strategy
Pokemon Legends Arceus
FFVII Remake
Monster Hunter Rise
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus

Xenoblade came 2017.
Atelier Ryza 1, Atelier Ryza 2, Atelier Sophie 2 don't come event close to PS1/PS2 JRPGs.
Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin never heard of this, thanks for telling me will check it out!
Triangle Strategy no JRPG is Tactical rpg
Pokemon Legends Arceus lol was OK
FF7 Remake - Average
Monsterr Hunter Rise is no JRPG
Tales of Arise was garbage
Scarlet Nexus is no JRPG

Nautilus

Banned

Live a Live
XC 3(I think this one depends, but you don't need reflexes)
Atelier Sophie 2
SMT V
Triangle Strategy
Disgaea 6.
Pokemon Legends Arceus

And those are the ones off the top of my head, of games that released the last year or so.

There is still alot of variety. Much more than the 90s at least. And you don't even need to look that hard to find something diferent. And in the original list I gave you, even with some being action oriented, there are some AWESOME and original battle systems in there.

Like in FF 7 Remake. I don't care what anyone says, that battle system is genious and the best one created in the last 10 years.The mixture of action, ATB and "turn based"(due to how time slows) gameplay is simply marvelous.

The truth is that you're burned out, and that's ok.Just take a break.

Brock2621

So.

This doesn't mean anything to anyone here probably but I decided to abandon the video game genre of my youth: the RPG. Jrpg, wrpg. Didn't matter. I loved the genre although my preference was the jrpg because of its emphasis on mechanics. I love dungeon crawlers and deep mechanical games and unfortunately they're just not made anymore. Experimental games like Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter, Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2, Dark Cloud, Persona 3 even Suikoden games provided a ton of variety within the genre. In between you had games like Xenogears, Grandia, Earthbound. If you wanted to go with theatrics you could play the 3d Final Fantasy games. If you wanted adventure Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger. Horror Shin Megami Tensei. If you wanted something strategy oriented you could go with Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre. There was so much room for so many takes. I love turn based combat but action was an option too if you enjoyed things like Terranigma, Ys, side scroller RPGs like Faxanadu, Zelda II, or Wonder Boy in Monster World.

I haven't even touched on wrpgs. Fallout and Baldur's Gate and KOTOR and Vampire: Bloodlines and fuck yes.

I mention all of this because I went to Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy the other evening. It was okay but the biggest thing is that it made me feel old.

Aside from FFXII, I haven't enjoyed an FF truly since FFX which came out in 2001. I saw the FFXVI trailer the other week and it doesn't even look like Final Fantasy. It looks like a Devil May Cry clone. For nearly twenty years I've waited and I just can't wait any longer. I felt like my time at the concert was a nice bookend for my love for the genre and that it's perfectly acceptable to move on.

Long story short, I feel I waste my time with the genre now. Either they're too fucking long or too fucking casualized.

The RPG genre seems to be complete regression.

I was really taken aback when people praised Witcher 3 as being the best RPG and when I played it had the RPG depth of a baby in one of those plastic ring kiddie pools. The RPG depth in Witcher 3 is so paltry it makes Mass Effect look like Baldur's Gate.

And that's a part of the problem. What even is an RPG anymore? Because when games like God of War have equipment and loot and skill trees, what's the difference to the casual observer? Too many ascribe an RPG with like, picking up loot or branching storylines instead of the mechanics. Like the mechanics of choice. When you start Fallout you get a choice of picking your characters attributes through SPECIAL. That's a choice. When you build a party in Final Fantasy V out of a myriad of jobs. That's a choice. But too often now they've made the choices redundant and are more about the things almost every genre has now. The RPG genre has become so neutered and so picked apart it barely stands on its own anymore.

More and more games restrict the player in a genre that used to be about full freedom. RPGs these days are often glorified Visual Novels and Choose Your Own Adventure games. Games like Dragon Quest are now less about the adventure and more about the cutscenes. Today's RPG developers really, really, REALLY want you to enjoy their stories to the point where they jam pack every scene with as much unnecessary padded bullshit as possible.

A game where you truly control every element like Elden Ring is rare.

I keep getting facebook ads for Soul Hackers 2 and my heart gets smaller every time I see it. Gone is the grit of the original and replaced with placid anime twink bullshit. Is it even still a dungeon crawler? I don't want to find out the answer to that question. Yet when I do sink my teeth into an RPG it's often the last thing I want to do now because of how long they take to get started or how much content there is. I've seen the trailers to Starfield and it looks excellent but I'm also aware I won't have the time nor inclination to dive into a game like that now that I'm in my 30's. It's like RPGs are now a mix between being so neutered they barely resemble the genre or they're for people that don't have a life and you have to play 200-300 hours to beat it. There's no balance.

So as it is, I decided to not bother with new RPGs after leaving Distant Worlds. Not with my time nor money.

Yet somehow FPS games are saving my interest in the hobby. I've been going through the Halo games for the first time and they're riveting fun romps. They don't require too much dedication. I can pop in, pop out and beat the games fast and move on to the next difficulty. What's even more striking to me is the variety in the genre. You've got the campaign oriented romps like Wolfenstein and Doom and Titanfall, but also the multiplayer games like Rainbow Six, Counter Strike, Valorant, Team Fortress, Destiny, and Overwatch . Then there's the hybrid games like Halo titles. Even still, the variety reminds me of my RPGs of old. If you just want pedal to the metal action you can play Doom or Bullet Storm. But if you want resource management and every bullet counts style you have Metro and Stalker. If you want RPG elements and loot you can play Borderlands games. Want puzzle games? Portal and other games come to the rescue. There's so much variety and experimentation going on here from Half Life Alyx to shit like Midnight Ghost Hunt.

I don't know. These games make me excited to play games again. For so long I waited for RPGs to love me back the way I loved them and they just continued to spit in my face. Why invest in a genre that doesn't want you but wants the money people that don't even like you and want you to change as much as possible. If RPGs don't want to be RPGs anymore then why should I continue to buy them? Why not just embrace a genre that's clearly proud of its lineage and doesn't have to sacrifice itself to make ends meet?

The old RPG genre isn't coming back. We still have those old games and that's fine. I've accepted it and decided to move on. Anyone else feel that way? While making this thread I noticed samoilaaa samoilaaa made a thread that's kind of adjacent to what I'm talking about here.

My favorite part is that because FPS was for the most part a genre I neglected I get to experience nearly 20 years of FPS games fresh while also appreciating the modern games. I've been going through Halo 2 and it's a blast. As of now, shocking as it is to say, I will not be buying FFXVI. But I'll definitely get the next Halo.
This is interesting as I’ve done basically a complete inverse of you. As I’ve aged into my 40’s, I’ve found that RPG’s are my jam. They allow me to relax, not memorize massive button combinations, be stimulated cognitively AND enjoy their pace with my wife and children both without getting wrapped up in identity politics as some games are now doing. The plate is full in the RPG arena and I am beyond happy and beyond satiated.

samoilaaa

good rpgs are still being made , here are some upcoming rpgs that might be really good

baldurs gate 3
tainted grail fall of avalon
dark envoy
the wayward realms
alaloth
vahrin's call
nazralath
warhammer rogue trader
Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game

some of these games might turn up bad so yeah

But they are alot of good fps games so u have alot of catching up to do , i would start with the bioshock trilogy , amazing story

Last edited:

Himuro

I talk about traditional JRPG from the golden era.
Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Wild Arms, Saga Frontier, SMT Nocturne/DDS, Legend of Dragoon/Legaia, Valkyrie Profile etc.
How can you dare to compare fuking Atelier Ryza to those games LOL
Back in the day Atelier was considered a joke. A jrpg C (maybe D) game. These days they're apparently good? Or apparently popular. I don't know.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I talk about traditional JRPG from the golden era.
Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Wild Arms, Saga Frontier, SMT Nocturne/DDS, Legend of Dragoon/Legaia, Valkyrie Profile etc.
How can you dare to compare fuking Atelier Ryza to those games LOL
I agree. None of those games can really compare to Ryza's thighs.

Nautilus Nautilus Yeah FFVII Remake battle system is pretty gooood.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
frankly i think the solution is to just play more WRPGs, they offer more variety and choice than JRPGs from my experience. not to shit on JRPGs, they usually have far superior stories and characters, but they feel more like story based games rather than actual RPGs, like they forgot what the RP in RPG stood for

Himuro

frankly i think the solution is to just play more WRPGs, they offer more variety and choice than JRPGs from my experience. not to shit on JRPGs, they usually have far superior stories and characters, but they feel more like story based games rather than actual RPGs, like they forgot what the RP in RPG stood for
Jrpgs have traditionally been more about the mechanics. Wrpgs have been more about the story. Wrpgs often lack mechanical depth and instead usually trade it for role depth. This is a very common but just as wrong take. For example, in the original Final Fantasy you can pick four party members. You can build a traditional party - a fighter, black mage, white mage, and a thief - or if you want you can just make four fighters without one single healer or caster. It's about the mechanics and how you survive. In that sense, Elden Ring is more of a jrpg than a wrpg. Wrpgs are more like picking stats and making a choice to help define your role. So in Fallout you can create a back story and give yourself stats that compliment that backstory or role. They're both rpgs, just different takes.

As for wrpgs, wrpgs became more neutered before jrpgs. Compare KOTOR with BG and it's not even fair to KOTOR.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I touched on this not long ago in the favorite genre thread.

While it is true that RPGs aren't the hype train they used to be, I can't say the reason I fell off with them is because they don't exist anymore.

I just have different tastes and want a more immediate tactical/strategic challenge taking place in real time such as in an FPS (or RTS) game than the long turn-based time investment. I fire it up, play a match or two and that's it.

The very meticulous management is not for me anymore and the shallow ones that seem great because of a huge map aren't my style either. I'm just more arcadey these days.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Wrpgs often lack mechanical depth
really? it's been the opposite in my experience. JRPGs are easy to get into mechanics wise while WRPGs have always been a confusing mess for me to get into since there's so much stuff you have to learn about before you can reasonably get into the game

In my 30's.

If you are claiming *any* Genre is “dead” then you are living in utter ignorance or you have a very shallow, short-sighted view of what the genre entails. Just this year alone we have had some of the greatest JRPGs in decades. From Pokemon Legends Arceus, Elden Ring, Triangle Strategy, to Voice of Cards and Dungeon Encounters. All fantastic games with even more on the way. Hell, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 releases in just a few days!

I would suggest you expand your horizons and stop the hyperbole.

Himuro

really? it's been the opposite in my experience. JRPGs are easy to get into mechanics wise while WRPGs have always been a confusing mess for me to get into since there's so much stuff you have to learn about before you can reasonably get into the game
Depends on the game. Read my edit.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm still loving JRPGs and super hyped for Xenoblade 3 and Soul Hackers 2 but if thats how you feel then yeah stick with FPS games.
51-DuUuXQW.gif

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Larian Studios WRPGs with Divinity and Baldur's Gate 3 have a lot of mechanical depth with how no encounter is ever really the same with all the crazy shit you can do. Maybe give those a try.

I really think this is a matter of being burned out on a genre and you are hoping for something somewhere to reignite your interest but I think you've made up your mind to play a genre that is very pick up and play like a FPS with how straightforward they are.

Though if you want an AMAZING FPS to play I heavily recommend Deep Rock Galactic.

Last edited:
Holy fuck talk about dramatic threat xD Wow so you started playing another type of games now cool story buddy xD Types like you make issue over most trivial things ever, you're fucking hillarious man

Last edited:

Esca

I've like the majority of genres. It's a blessing and a curse and I'm sure others feel the same that are like me. Great cause omg so many great games that interest me but on the other hand you geek omg so many games

93xfan

Banned
OP, glad your getting a chance to play some great shooters like Halo. I highly recommend the multiplayer portion of Halo MCC (except for Halo 4).

Also, Titanfall 2 and Killzone 2 are very worth playing

Top Bottom