• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legacy of Kain: Crystal Dynamics says it ‘hears fans loud and clear’ after ‘100k+’ survey responses

Soodanim

If nothing else, it's nice to have it on record that LoK still has such a strong and passionate fan base.

While remasters are the safest option in terms of quality, there are things that could use updating. That takes you into hybrid territory, for better or worse.
A remake wouldn't have the use of the original voices, but it would at the very least allow them to finish the story. The biggest problem with that is of course losing the memorable voices that were such a big part of the series in the first place, and I don't know if they will ever match what the originals had.

I'd like to think that the 100,000 were mostly in alignment on central points like faithfulness to the originals.

Doczu

Start with remasters to please your fans. Take the Dreamcast versio. Of Soul Reaver as a starter (best version), touch up on the controls a bit, upscale the videos and release it for bargain price.

begotten

If they don't relaunch the franchise by remaking & reimagining Blood Omen first then Legacy of Kain will be forever doomed.

Don't fuck it up.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

legacy-of-kain-e1616762544939-1280x736.jpg

Via
I've only ever played the very first one when I was around 11 or so. Shit was MIND BLOWING. Such a good game with amazing storytelling. I'd kill if the 1st one was even remastered.

93xfan

Banned
Many millennials are in their 40s or pushing 40. Top age is 41.

Why are you concerned with how a game publishers uses their resources and their IP to the point that you would like a remaster but not a remake?
I prefer the preservation of it, and many remakes are a mixed bag. I don’t want a Twin Snakes version of these games.

Plus we’ll get a better price and perhaps a compilation vs expensive remakes.

And it also frees them up for new projects, such as a sequel.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Most remasters/remakes are NOT needed. But the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was a PS1 game and was cool, unique, great atmosphere, great voice acting, but had TERRIBLE load times. THAT game deserves a remaster/remake.

TBF the Soul Reaver games are really not that much fun. Looked cool. But they were too 'puzzle-y'!

Last edited:
A Blood Omen 1 remake with high quality assets, no load times, and tightened up gameplay would be divine. Let's be honest for those of us who played it, BO1 played like dogshit with bad movement, and floaty combat.

Do not, however, under any fucking circumstances, touch a single thing with the audio. It was perfect, and you can only fuck it up.

there is something very cruel going on if Crystal Dynamics remasters-remakes .... Legacy of Kain before Tomb Raider just saying... they must have some holy sadistic culture in that company.

I mean, why would they be surprised that Legacy of Kain will receive this much attention and popularity?

People, including myself, have been asking for sequels or new games, specifically single player games, for many, many years now.

Well, I'm glad they're at least starting to figure out that people really love this series.

Ozzie666

This would have been a really good franchise to show the power of the SSD drives in the PS5, much like Rachet and to a lesser extent Medium. Switching between the 2 different realms/realities on the fly.

MrMephistoX

A remaster wouldn't fix the old 3d platformer style of gameplay (though they did it exceptionally well) - but I wouldn't complain if that's what we get.

Any ideas how they could fit the story lines into more modernized gamedesign?
The series screams open world but was always been limited by the tech of the time: Soul Reaver was as ambitious as Ocarina of Time but just didn’t quite get there. I’d love to see it get the AAA treatment it deserves but I don’t see it happening at the level of quality it needs to be going multi platform.

They need to remaster them in a pack or it’s not going to sell.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
"After the amazing response we got from our amazing fans, we decided it was time to return to Nosgoth. So we are making a brand new Legacy of Kain game.

However, while we have the utmost respect for the source material and the amazing world it created, we feel many values in the characters and the setting feel outdated, so we are remaking it for a modern audience. We think Kain's and Raziel's characters stories have already been told, so this time we give the spotlight to new characters like Liara, Kain's niece, who is going to be the protagonist alongside Kalana, Raziel's daughter. Together, they fight both the oppressive kabal of the male-led vampire coven as well as the antiquated values of the Sarafan. It is a modern story that reflects the world we live in, and we can't wait to show it to our longtime fans."

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
"After the amazing response we got from our amazing fans, we decided it was time to return to Nosgoth. So we are making a brand new Legacy of Kain game.

However, while we have the utmost respect for the source material and the amazing world it created, we feel many values in the characters and the setting feel outdated, so we are remaking it for a modern audience. We think Kain's and Raziel's characters stories have already been told, so this time we give the spotlight to new characters like Liara, Kain's niece, who is going to be the protagonist alongside Kalana, Raziel's daughter. Together, they fight both the oppressive kabal of the male-led vampire coven as well as the antiquated values of the Sarafan. It is a modern story that reflects the world we live in, and we can't wait to show it to our longtime fans."

5qg0cb.jpg

Top Bottom