• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego 2K Drive is officially a 'AAA driving adventure' releasing in May

BlackTron

I figured that was going to be a huge problem. I'll just wait a few years for a complete edition to avoid the grind, assuming there is one.

Too bad I was gonna play this. Luckily another game just came out to help pass the time...

It's sad seeing the Lego brand fall to this 2K style but they already sell real Lego loot boxes, $5 blind bag licensed minifigs. I must confess I broke down and fell for it when they had the Muppets, and got 2 pairs of duplicates for $20 lmao. No way I'm walking into a Lego game designed to nickel and dime me.

Tams

Too bad I was gonna play this. Luckily another game just came out to help pass the time...

It's sad seeing the Lego brand fall to this 2K style but they already sell real Lego loot boxes, $5 blind bag licensed minifigs. I must confess I broke down and fell for it when they had the Muppets, and got 2 pairs of duplicates for $20 lmao. No way I'm walking into a Lego game designed to nickel and dime me.

It's very in keeping with LEGO.

High quality, solid, entertaining product. Fun most of all. But want the extras? Just empty your wallet. Actually just leave the wallet, cards and all with us along with the PINs.

Last edited:

BlackTron

It's very in keeping with LEGO.

High quality, solid, entertaining product. Fun most of all. But want the extras? Just empty your wallet. Actually just leave the wallet, cards and all with us along with the PINs.

LEGO has always been about "Infinite extras/expansion" but man when they tie it to blind bags, that's another level. At least let us know what we are buying without the gacha model. Remember when those little polybag sets were $2-3? Now it's $5 for just a fig and you don't even know what is! If you have a kid who likes the characters, you could buy 20 trying to get the right one while LEGO laughs the whole time. And have spent enough by then to have just bought a $100 house or castle made of bricks, and now you have nothing. lol

Top Bottom