• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga reviews?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Wouldn't have thought an embargo for a Lego game? And its Star Wars 99.9% of people know what happens.

Maybe its full of MTX and the review copies don't mention this? Not like another game didn't do this recently...

/s

jaysius

Banned
This isn't a good sign, shows a lack of confidence in the product.

Massive changes in a LEGO game? I'll believe that one when I see it.

They should put a demo out.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
star wars lack of faith GIF

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I was more siding on being careful as I hadn't leap into the embargo to verify so sometimes I repeat that so that the other podcasters with me wont keep asking questions which can then lead me to...answer them lol
So is it a buy? :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Embargo for a Lego game? Doesn't sound right. Also, I haven't seen any commercial or hype for it. You'd think Lego would be excited to showcase a co-op kids game.

Roufianos

Meh, I think this is a pretty safe bet for what it is. I mean if you like Lego and like Star Wars then how wrong can you go.

Will surely score 7s and 8s across the board.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
LOL come on man. Dont do me like that lol

Also discussing embargos. I have covered almost every single lego game. All have had embargos of different kinds. There is nothing at all special about this one or unique at least
No problem. I will wait for the review. Also have me on the podcast. 😂

trikster40

It’s a Lego game, if you need a review to decide the purchase, just play any Lego game. Formulas stayed pretty much the same.

stranno

Well, I'm pretty sure it will be like: Same game as previous games, better graphics and the worst Star Wars trilogy so far featured.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It’s a Lego game, if you need a review to decide the purchase, just play any Lego game. Formulas stayed pretty much the same.

This is a third person shooter now, it's not a side scrolling platformer like the other LEGO games.

Well, I'm pretty sure it will be like: Same game as previous games, better graphics and the worst Star Wars trilogy so far featured.

Not a good week for masked Nazis on YouTube who continue to preach that Lucasfilm will decanonize a generation's Star Wars. Same stupid argument that people said from 1999 to 2015 that Disney would erase the Prequels. But don't you dare try to erase the Star Wars aging 40 year olds with YouTube channels grew up with.

I've pre-ordered it. Yes, I will now go to hell, however it's been a tradition of playing a new LEGO with the kids so for the price of some pizzas, will get the game. That all being said, I hope it's a shot in the arm to the formula. I've got a lot of good memories playing these games with my kids. Dealing with the half-assed-ness from TT Games, not so much.

I've pre-ordered it. Yes, I will now go to hell, however it's been a tradition of playing a new LEGO with the kids so for the price of some pizzas, will get the game. That all being said, I hope it's a shot in the arm to the formula. I've got a lot of good memories playing these games with my kids. Dealing with the half-assed-ness from TT Games, not so much.
How old are your kids and how do you play them together? Two player or is it split screen?

I’m impressed by the game’s visuals, but I worry the comedy isn’t as kid friendly as it used to be

Last edited:

trikster40

This is a third person shooter now, it's not a side scrolling platformer like the other LEGO games.
It plays pretty much like The Force Awakens Lego game. It had some cover mechanics with blasters, but Definitely not a third person shooter. They’ve tweaked the combat a bit to not be so button-mashey, but it’s still same old Lego underneath.

Biggest difference is a bit more freedom to choose which episode to play, so not quite confined to specific levels you have to play.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
It plays pretty much like The Force Awakens Lego game. It had some cover mechanics with blasters, but Definitely not a third person shooter. They’ve tweaked the combat a bit to not be so button-mashey, but it’s still same old Lego underneath.

Biggest difference is a bit more freedom to choose which episode to play, so not quite confined to specific levels you have to play.
This is nothing like the TFA game. That was a traditional side scrolling LEGO game, they’ve never done the camera like this except maybe in City Undercover as that was open world:

How old are your kids and how do you play them together? Two player or is it split screen?

I’m impressed by the game’s visuals, but I worry the comedy isn’t as kid friendly as it used to be

It's split screen coop. At least, I think this new game is. It releases Tuesday here in the UK.

Eldest is 13 and thinks he's too old for LEGO games now. My youngest is 10, but she's normally a strategy game nut: Sims, Jurassic Park, Hospital 2.0, bust also Harry Potter, so she enjoyed those LEGO games. I think she's only interested in finding baby Yoda with this.

TT Games... they sometimes really get it right, like the first LEGO Marvel, or LEGO City Undercover, but they lapse into auto I can maybe post some thoughts if there's a OT for it later this week.

jigglet

Banned
It's lego.

Would could go wrong?

Although these days with the number of bad purchases I've made, I guess anything could go wrong.

My Xbox Series X copy arrived this morning from The Games Collection. Looking forward to playing this tonight. While the game might not reinvent the LEGO game genre, the new third-person over-the-shoulder camera and weapon aiming will be enough for me to enjoy this far more than previous instalments where the dated camera was mostly fixed and at a distance.

These Lego games just prove how much of a dumb shit I am. I get stuck regularly on what to do, switching characters to try different things and I end up getting frustrated and having to a read a guide.

It’s not usually the case with puzzles in other games as I enjoy them and work them out myself but these games? Idiot mode in full swing.

Top Bottom