• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the UK's biggest LEGO launch ever | UK Boxed Charts

reksveks

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga has got off to a strong start at UK physical retail.

Even without digital, it is the biggest LEGO game launch of all time, beating the previous best -- 2008's LEGO Indiana Jones -- by 8.4%.

In terms of boxed sales, The Skywalker Saga is the second fastest selling game of the year behind Pokémon Legends: Arceus, but ahead of Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring.

31% of boxed sales were on PS5, 26% on Nintendo Switch, 23% on Xbox and 20% on PS4.

All data is courtesy of GfK.

LEGO's success this week means that Kirby and the Forgotten Land drops to No.2 after two weeks at No.1. Sales are down 24% week-on-week, but the Nintendo game continues to do well and is on course to be the biggest Kirby game of all time.

Here is the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten for the week ending April 9:

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
New Entry1LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12Kirby and The Forgotten Land
53FIFA 22
34Pokémon Legends: Arceus
65Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
26Elden Ring
77Gran Turismo 7
98Animal Crossing: New Horizons
89WWE 2K22
1110Minecraft (Switch)

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-uks-biggest-lego-launch-ever-uk-boxed-charts

Jennings

This might be a stupid question, but I've never played a Lego game. Is this a game that an adult can enjoy and feel some difficulty pushback, or is it just a child's game?

fatmarco

This might be a stupid question, but I've never played a Lego game. Is this a game that an adult can enjoy and feel some difficulty pushback, or is it just a child's game?
If you're a star wars fan you'll appreciate it. It's incredibly thorough in that regard.

As a game it's pretty simple, so your mileage may vary.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

The game is a ton of fun, especially if you like Star Wars. Difficulty wise though, it's very easy, which depending on how you like your games can be a good or a bad thing to you. For me personally, this is a nice alternative to also play while im also getting killed nonstop in Elden Ring lol

schaft0620

Its the #1 game on Steam right now.
Can't find a copy of the Deluxe Edition within 100 miles of NYC.
Can't find a copy of the standard edition within 30 miles of my house.

No CE's anywhere online ($130 on eBay), very few standard editions left with online retailers.

I hope they are printing more CE's.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
for some reason I thought I had read that the switch saw the most sales of this game but this data is different. seems odd.

Wonder when we will get platform comparisons. I'd love to see how the switch holds up. It looks amazing on series X.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Legends say gt7 was supposed to drop from the top 10 4 weeks ago

gran-turismo-kaz.gif

lukilladog

Its the #1 game on Steam right now.

Are you telling me that the lack of Denuvo didn´t ruin this game sales?... no way!.

Anyway... I find the game pretty boring and dumbed down compared to previous lego SW games, The Force awakens and The Clone Wars mop the floor with this one in regards to playability. I feel no incentive to continue after the 3rd chapter.

Alandring

I played it with a friend all Saturday. It was my first LEGO game and I really, really enjoyed it. Now I'm disappointed because my friend lives in another city and the game don't have online multiplayer, but I really want to continue to play it 😭.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga was not just a big hit at UK retail, but a major digital sales success, too.

In terms of digital, Xbox was the dominant platform accounting for 41% of sales, PlayStation accounted for 34%, PC 18% and Switch 7%.

Overall (so including physical retail), PlayStation was the biggest platform with 39% of sales, followed by Xbox (34%), then Switch (16%) and finally PC (11%).

39% to 34% is a very close divide.

But the general sales success shows that the Star Wars IP still holds a lot of value and if you release a decent game tied to it, people *will* buy it.

Last edited:
Interesting, I wonder what TT’s next project will be? Maybe another crack at Lego Lord of the Rings combined with Lego The Hobbit, and including the battle of the five armies? Maybe including a Lego version of that Lord of the rings anime coming out in 2024? Just as long as the Amazon series isn’t included.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It’s pretty funny that the flight sections in this game are far superior to the EA game.

Holammer

I haven't played it, but I'm still surprised over how well it sells on PC. It's been top selling for awhile now, with 17k user reviews. Usually Lego games only have a few hundred or a couple of 3k'ish *lifetime*. They also get heavily discounted and bundled quickly.

Traveler's Tales did something right here.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Loving this game, playing on PS5 and it desperately needs an update to fix the performance. And if the Xbox version looks so much better than the PS5 version, there really is zero excuse for it and that needs to be addressed as well.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So they got their big sales numbers and aren't caring to fix the vastly inferior PS5 version now? Been a while now with no new patches.....

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So they got their big sales numbers and aren't caring to fix the vastly inferior PS5 version now? Been a while now with no new patches.....

It might be an inherent issue with the engine that can't be fixed in a short time.

Keep in mind the PS5 version of the game both runs at a much lower resolution, and still has a big drop in performance as well. So, if they just crank up the dynamic resolution higher, it'll make the performance even wore. They probably need to do a lot of work to get it better on both fronts.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
1.05 finally dropped today on PS5 and other platforms but i haven't had a chance to play. Has anyone checked out the PS5 version after this patch that was supposedly heavily focused on PS5 and performance? Im curious if it looks any better now and is less choppy

Top Bottom