• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lemmings

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DMA...now known as Rockstar North, right? how many people from the lemmings team work on GTA now?

Tarazet

I'm so glad I had the foresight to buy the PSX Lemmings/Oh No! Collection. It's still worth as much as I paid for it. :D

Superfrog

Wario64 said:
DMA...now known as Rockstar North, right? how many people from the lemmings team work on GTA now?

Actually none of them.

Credits (Lemmings) - those were the days:

Programming: Russell Kay

Graphics/Artwork: Scott Johnston, Gary Timmons

Music: Brian Johnston, Tony Williams, Tim Wright

jgkspsx

One of the best damn action puzzlers of all time. I thought this was about the PSP version, heh. Any news on that?

Superfrog said:
Actually none of them.

Credits (Lemmings) - those were the days:

Quote:
Programming: Russell Kay

Graphics/Artwork: Scott Johnston, Gary Timmons

Music: Brian Johnston, Tony Williams, Tim Wright

Russell Kay left DMA aaages before Rockstar to found Visual Sciences (who were actually set up just a couple of buildings away in the same technology park). Brian Johnston - of Hired Guns 'fame' - was also long gone by that time. I think he went to the US and was involved with...um...VR-1?

Along with a couple of others Gary Timmons went to Denki when the DMA Dundee offices were shut down/staff laid off just prior to the rename.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Pretty faithful.

Remember when Lemmings was spoken of as this Timeless Game on the same level as something like Tetris? When it would assuredly appear somewhere in any general Top 100 list or list of puzzle games. I always thought it strange that Lemmings seems to have faded away.

Koshiro

dog$ said:
Pretty faithful.

Remember when Lemmings was spoken of as this Timeless Game on the same level as something like Tetris? When it would assuredly appear somewhere in any general Top 100 list or list of puzzle games. I always thought it strange that Lemmings seems to have faded away.
Lemmings 3D saw to that.

nubbe

Mmmm… Been so many years since I played Lemmings and yet I remember all the stages as if I played them yesterday.
But I have forgotten how catchy the music was... sad

Endymion

nubbe said:
Mmmm… Been so many years since I played Lemmings and yet I remember all the stages as if I played them yesterday.
But I have forgotten how catchy the music was... sad

Maybe my memory is failing me, but didn't the amiga version score way better music than this? Does anyone know where to get all the amiga originals?

User 406

Banned
Koshiro said:
Lemmings 3D saw to that.

Dammit, why does Lemmings 3D always get bashed? As far as I'm concerned, it improved on the series in much the same way as Grand Theft Auto going 3D did. Seriously, in the 2D games the solutions to the levels were pretty obvious while the 3D puzzles required more thought. I wish we could get another Lemmings 3D. :(

inpHilltr8r said:
No seriously, there was a native PSP Lemmings in the pipe for quite a while, then *poof* dissapeared.

wasn't it one of the few PSP games shown @ E3?
Looked pretty good (as far as a graphically 'spiced up' remake goes), so maybe it's still in the works?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Sea Manky said:
Dammit, why does Lemmings 3D always get bashed? As far as I'm concerned, it improved on the series in much the same way as Grand Theft Auto going 3D did. Seriously, in the 2D games the solutions to the levels were pretty obvious while the 3D puzzles required more thought. I wish we could get another Lemmings 3D. :(

Yes, I agree! 3D Lemmings added another layer of complexity to the Lemmings gameplay. It was a bit confusing at first, and often required you to pause the game and look around thoroughly beforing making a move. But it still retained that puzzle-solving flair I loved about the original Lemmings. On top of that, the music was great and the graphics were fitting.

Top Bottom