• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Len's Island - The next big seller?

Holammer

I trawl a Twitter account called WhatsOnSteam daily to see all the new releases and this game caught my eye yesterday.
Created by a two man team, it's an early access game built around crafting, base building, open world and combat from a diablo'esque isometric viewpoint. All the right building blocks are there for a PC hit, a couple of 100k minimum IMO.
They released it at a bad time (autumn sale) and it's a little bit expensive, but I still think it'll do fine. Expect to see this played by your favorite streamers/YTbers in the upcoming days/weeks.

What do you think, is my intuition wrong? Or will Sony and MS jostle for console rights.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I half see what you see.

The isometric perspective is a turn off for a large percentage of gamers for some reason so it won't get Valheim huge. Still, for 2 guys, it should do pretty well.

When we see a AAA developer take on this concept it'll go super nova.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Man it sure looks nice. Hope it does well. I just can't do early access anymore though. I have so many older games on steam that just sat at 70-80% completion and just died out. I've learned my lesson.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Just looked at this a few hours earlier today, looking good buck I'm tired of early access games.

BigBooper

Like others, looks good but not interested in early access. I could certainly see it on xbox.

Last edited:

Holammer

I half see what you see.

The isometric perspective is a turn off for a large percentage of gamers for some reason so it won't get Valheim huge. Still, for 2 guys, it should do pretty well.

The multiplayer component is also missing. There's a reason why so many games in this genre feature co-op or bully modes, the pyramid scheme of games.
With Stardew Valley as one of the most successful games on Steam, I'm still surprised AAA or even AA devs haven't tried their luck. Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon are they only ones trying and they stumble out of the gate drunk. Every time, getting absolutely humiliated by Stardew.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

I don't see it being a hit. That price is too steep for that type of game. Still, it looks interesting and I added it to my wishlist.

Edit: I only saw the price for the game+soundtrack. 24.99 is reasonable but they should have shot for 19.99 or 14.99.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
I half see what you see.

Pretty sure it’s not actually isometric despite the angle. Not sure if that’s what you are saying.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i dont know, it looks good, but a survival crafting game should be 1st person imo

Top Bottom