• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leslie Grace to Star as Batgirl in HBO Max Movie

SJRB

Gold Member
R.1b8e830b2a9a965745e5c473a2ab1b1a

I know, but that doesn't make it "right". It looks pretty silly. Buy hey, at least it's not that absolute turd of a suit from the Batwoman show, so there's that.

Rest of the suit is pretty spot on, so benefit of the doubt for sure.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Full picture [lol at the boots]:

wk9i08alhrb81.jpg

What this suit tells me is that this movie is going to be far more like Birds Of Prey (makes sense, written by same chick) than it is The Dark Knight or The Batman.

Therefore, consider me completely fucking checked out.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Because it's an ugly design to begin with and the other New 52 outfit is superior in every way.

1ca3c10584bd9e5bf3b7ab2e15aac8556ce4546e_hq.jpg

Apparently only men can have form-fitting outfits in comic book movies now. Progress!
Yeah, that's the real issue. Until they start casting fitness models for this stuff none of the actresses are gonna live up to the costumes like the men. A skin tight outfit in a comic can't translate to live action unless it is latex or something, but then it doesn't look like "real clothes". They gotta commit to one direction or the other, here they split the difference and it doesn't look great in the stills.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Apparently only men can have form-fitting outfits in comic book movies now. Progress!

To be fair, The Batman's ditching the form fitting suit completely, and most of the MCU male characters have never worn them. That skin tight rubber suit look is really out of date these days. Captain America started that change.

jason10mm

Gold Member
To be fair, The Batman's ditching the form fitting suit completely, and most of the MCU male characters have never worn them. That skin tight rubber suit look is really out of date these days. Captain America started that change.
This is because DC has waaaaay more. Iconic costumes than marvel IMHO. I could show folks 20 DC and marvel outfits and I bet DC is far more recognizable. So marvel has more leeway to improvise. Plus the DC "secret identity" thing and lots of masks makes it hard to blend out of costume stuff and in costume stuff as easily. No one wants to see Bruce Wayne or superman in street clothes :p

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It's time for a new super hero: "Twitter person". A fat dude with a beard that identifies as non binary. He wears sweatpants and a rainbow shirt and his super power is saving the world by sitting at his computer all day bitching on the internet.

Last edited:
That's because there's at least one moment in each MCU movie where the muscular male character takes off his shirt to show off their physique. They're essentially bypassing the skin-tight suit by going straight to the birthday suit lol

I just hate the feminist hypocrisy that fuels so much these days.

Last edited:
It's like they don't understand what inanity is. How many times will they put out garbage that so few people actually want, yet refuse to put out what they do want, is in and of itself, insane.

VulcanRaven

It's like they don't understand what inanity is. How many times will they put out garbage that so few people actually want, yet refuse to put out what they do want, is in and of itself, insane.
Do you mean more Snyderverse? I don't think most people want more Snyder directed DC movies even though his version of Justice League was good.

Last edited:

JCK75

Lindsay Lohan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Worse than expected. Please Michael Wilkinson come back!
No in fact, Idc anymore the DCEU is dead for me. Keep your Josstice League timeline I'm not interested.

It doesn't matter who you put in what looks like a toddlers snow suit.. it's going to make them look like a toddler in a snow suit..
the actress is very attractive.. but apparently they want to cover that face up.

Ulysses 31

The reportedly $70 million movie (the source said the budget was actually more than $100 million), which was doing test screenings for audiences in anticipation of a late 2022 debut, would rank among the most expensive cinematic castoffs ever.

Those tests were said to be so poorly received by moviegoers that the studio decided to cut its losses and run, for the sake of the brand’s future. It’s a DC disaster.

giphy.gif

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Cleaning up the mess that the old brigade had cooking, I guess. Seems like the Batgirl / Supergirl driven Justice League that was rumored will be a no go. As will be Keaton's Batman outside of the Flash appearance. Hopefully all of the rumored Flash stuff gets isolated to that film and they move on with what they already have. This new head of Discovery is slashing stuff left and right.

If you seek Tobey Emmerich's monument, look around you.

Top Bottom