• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Celebrate Ubisoft 35th Birthday Together

a5nPiw8.gif

CitizenZ

Banned
Yea, I got the email too , went to the site and know they have nothing to offer me anymore. Sad when their IPs are dripping with potential.

T8SC

Ubisoft's 35th birthday, so that mean's it actually will be identical to the 34th except the increase in number.... and the same as 33rd birthday ... and 32nd ... and 31st ...

Or have they added more stuff to collect at the party?

Wanted to post a Ubisoft gif....but for some reason now that search turns up some Dani cosplayer making a hundred awful gifs for eternity.

Seriously. Who made this and why did you just make a hundred of them and all of them are awful and low quality?

200.gif

Banjo64

cumsessed
They’ve made a few games that I’ve enjoyed in my 30 years.

Rayman 2: The Great Escape on N64.
Black Flag on PS4.
Rayman Legends on Vita.
Far Cry 3 on PS3.

Overall, for a studio that publishes so many games, there really should be more that I’ve liked.

Alx

I haven't played a game of theirs for a couple of years, but they used to be my favourite publishers. A lot of genre diversity, creativity, and always taking risks with new concepts (they were always onboard the different kinds of experiences, be it motion gaming, secondary screen, VR, ...). Their only sin is milking IPs to death whenever they find one that sells (and it happened quite often), but as long as you don't gobble up everything they produce, you can find more than enough to be entertained.
Not sure how things will evolve though, the industry seems to be less about taking risks, and the company itself has seen many major departures from their traditional creative staff (starting with Ancel, but also that guy who apparently was in control of all the IP selection and left due to the toxic management scandals)

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ubisoft was merely HIV+ back then, now they're full blown (bad) AIDS.

Regardless, what's your game? Do you take notes on what people say in here and full them up on them a week later?

Just a good memory, but I was only messing with you. Should've used a smiley. I agree tho.

Shubh_C63

Let's meet again once there block chain strategy is open in the market. Will run for most hated company and the most richest...

Chukhopops

Jesus the hate is really strong here. I still remember the first Splinter Cell on Xbox and how mind blowing it was, Rayman 2 and 3, Origins/Legends, Beyond Good and Evil.

Even their recent games have been good (but maybe less inspired) between Fenyx Rising and AC:Oddyssey.

Reactions: Alx

kyussman

Gonna climb to the top of the tallest building in my town and jump off to celebrate.....might as well,I won't be missing out on much going forward will I.....their games are a bit shit these days.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Some quality jokes, can't deny that. Straight son of a bitch moments.

No free games?! Here's to 35 more!

Umbasaborne

Banned
The days of rayman, splinter cell, prince of persia, and assassins creed 1-2 are long behind us. Fuck modern garbage ubisoft. With their push to make every game they have the same boring GAAS, and trying to jump on the crypto train. They fucking suck now. I feel bad for the people their who want to make something interesting and ubisoft wont let them step out of their boring open world GAAS format.

Godot25

Banned
It's more like sad reminder how good and creative Ubisoft used to be in the past and how pathetic it is now.

I'll drink to my good experiences with Ubisoft's games in the past. Prince of Persia, Rayman games, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW games etc.

Last edited:

TVexperto

yves and the complete management needs to stop down after still trying to hop on the battle royal trends with their third game now I think?

Top Bottom