• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Celebrate Ubisoft 35th Birthday Together

Look at how much people give a single shit about Ubisoft, everyone basically knows Ubisoft is equal to subpar quality products, imagine it like the fast food of gaming. Many consume, but no one really cares if disappears. Not saying Ubisoft doesn't have or have had great IPs but it's clear their focus is on quantity rather than quality, not taking risking and playing safe, and milking their fan base with microtransactions

Last edited:

Alebrije

They choose generic open world games and killed Splinter Cell and it seems Beyond Good and Evil 2 will take more years to see the light...

Thier best original jobs are the Mario and Rabbits and Child of light.... the rest are all.copy paste games ...Farcry= AC=Division=Ghost Recon=etc..

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Why does everyone hate Ubisoft but also get excited for R6:S, AC, Splinter Cell, Far Cry, Rayman, and so on?

some of their games are pretty great.

Ubisoft somewhat recently embraced open world, f2p, multiplayer.

NeoGAF strongly prefers single player, cutscene heavy, $70 games.

Look at how much people give a single shit about Ubisoft, everyone basically knows Ubisoft is equal to subpar quality products, imagine it like the fast food of gaming. Many consume, but no one really cares if disappears. Not saying Ubisoft doesn't have or have had great IPs but it's clear their focus is on quantity rather than quality, not taking risking and playing safe, and milking their fan base with microtransactions
Like every other publisher. Even Sony exclusives carry unnecessary DLC.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I had to double check to make sure I wasn't on era then, jeez everyone hating on ubi here too.

I personally like a lot of the games ubisoft comes out with, they usually support their titles insanely well too.

I do wish ubisoft would make another game like Rayman Legends though, that game was incredible, I got the 100% on 360, Xbox one and ps vita :)

Ubisoft frustrates me more than any other gaming company.

They have one of my favorite franchises of all time: Heroes of Might and Magic, and have utterly pounded it into the ground.
They made Rayman Origins, which is a fantastic game
They're the only company making winter sports games with Steep and the really fun Rider's Republic [with a really shitty soundtrack]

Chiggs

Happy 35th, UbiSoft! Don't worry about all the fat manbaby losers in this thread. They know they have very little to offer the world, except for greasy tit sweat, garlic breath, and Jim Sterling one-liners they try to pass off as their own. Most of them can't even afford to buy your games.

And while we're at it, these sad, diaper-wearing fucks wouldn't know how to have fun if your company provided them with a fully functional holodeck, pre-loaded with a selection of the the world's most incredible sexual fantasies to play with, while allowing them to look like someone ripped straight out of a Boris Vallejo painting.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Happy Birthday Dancing GIF by Just  Dance

One of my fav devs.

sertopico

Happy 35th, UbiSoft! Don't worry about all the fat manbaby losers in this thread. They know they have very little to offer the world, except for greasy tit sweat, garlic breath, and Jim Sterling one-liners they try to pass off as their own. Most of them can't even afford to buy your games.

And while we're at it, these sad, diaper-wearing fucks wouldn't know how to have fun if your company provided them with a fully functional holodeck, pre-loaded with a selection of the the world's most incredible sexual fantasies to play with, while allowing them to look like someone ripped straight out of a Boris Vallejo painting.
YWPnNip.gif

Nico_D

Let's not. Not much to celebrate nowadays, they are the mcdonalds of gaming: everything looks big and great in commercials but take a bite...

Maybe Rabbids but I don't consider that as a Ubisoft game.

Azurro

Banned
Jesus the hate is really strong here. I still remember the first Splinter Cell on Xbox and how mind blowing it was, Rayman 2 and 3, Origins/Legends, Beyond Good and Evil.

Even their recent games have been good (but maybe less inspired) between Fenyx Rising and AC:Oddyssey.

It's because they are a very efficient sausage factory. Every game follows the same design template, they even reuse terrains IIRC and just populate it with different assets and almost no game they produce is memorable because they use the same design principles as McDonald's. The games lack personality and try to be as inoffensive as possible, so they are just not memorable.

Chiggs

It's because they are a very efficient sausage factory. Every game follows the same design template, they even reuse terrains IIRC and just populate it with different assets and almost no game they produce is memorable because they use the same design principles as McDonald's. The games lack personality and try to be as inoffensive as possible, so they are just not memorable.

Let's not. Not much to celebrate nowadays, they are the mcdonalds of gaming: everything looks big and great in commercials but take a bite...

Maybe Rabbids but I don't consider that as a Ubisoft game.

NeoGAF. Expert analysis. Expert opinions

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

NeoGAF. Expert analysis. Expert opinions

It looks like Chiggs is taking people making fun of a multi million dollar corporation quite personally.

And it's far funnier than the people he is attempting to mock.

Chiggs

It looks like Chiggs is taking people making fun of a multi million dollar corporation quite personally.

And it's far funnier than the people he is attempting to mock.

So funny you have to explain it via a post?

Go adjust your bra.

2023????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? wow game must ne in a shit state.
Didn't Ubisoft say they took over the project from their Mumbai branch or something like that, with only giving the excuse the scope of the project was too much for a newly built studio to handle?

I know, it is a PR stunt and they might have gone back to the drawing board because of the public reception from the reveal trailer. But aside from this statement back from February

prince_of_persia_remake_delay_message_1.jpg

they went radio silent.

Impotaku

Man what a triggering, does your dad work for ubisoft?
woman-yelling.gif

Old Retro

Party ova heeeah!

tumblr_md1ecaG4kN1r4fggfo1_250.gif

tumblr_o41b0gAjZF1r3i2kko1_500.gifv

They've been around since 86? That's news to me. Having said that, I genuinely enjoy Splinter Cell, The Division and Watch Dog games. Recently downloaded PS+ Hitman games that were full of glitches, so there's that. Even their free games are buggy. 🤷‍♀️

Kilau

Gold Member
I’m glad we have a dedicated “shit on Ubisoft” thread. They were one of my favorites through the PS360 gen but they went off the rails.

Another thing, why do they have such awful, off putting cover art? Everything seems designed to stand out in a negative way. I saw Riders republic on the Xbox dash last night and was totally clueless about the game but I could tell instantly it was Ubisoft by the trash artwork.
apps.14387.14187388825692711.ad9b5612-f684-41a7-86b1-6e485a58e79a.043984b3-32e6-46f2-9148-9c5a80870b50

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The best thing about this event was seeing a mentally maladjusted fanboy lose his shit in this thread. Easily the most entertainment anything Ubisoft related in years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom