• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's predict Jimmy Sony's next PC port

What's the next PlayStation game heading to PC (after GoW & Uncharted) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
7696501230_0850c1bddc.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima.

- PS4 game
- SP
- if it comes out later in 2022 like Q3, it'll be a 2 year gap, and a big enough gap from GOW/UC4

I was going to say MLB The Show, but if it came out April 2022 to go with opening day, that would be 3 Sony games scrunched together (GOW, UC4, MLB). Also, sports games dont seem to release on PC as much, so might as well stick to the trend.

Some of you have brought up releasing ports to go with sequels or movies. Maybe. But why would Days Gone be ported?

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
I'm going to guess MLB in the spring, with anything else like Ghosts being pushed beyond it.

I want to see older games come back. HD ports of Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Wild Arms 1-5, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, with added achievements, or something like that. Ape Escape, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank collections.

Fbh

I think probably Spiderman.
Then Maybe a TLOU1+2.

Ghost of Tsushima will probably come when they announce a sequel so I'd give it another year or two.

Duchess

I'm a whole lot less bothered about Sony porting their older titles to PC than I expected I might be.

I guess I must be getting old! LOL! :)

100% sure it'll be TLOU2. Possibly bundled with TLOU1.

Ghost of Sushima will come next.

I think its too early for last of us 2. The newest games sony have ported are from 2019. Probably wont see pc ports of ghost of tsushima and last of us 2 until next year at the earliest. I could be wrong though.

kyliethicc

I think its too early for last of us 2. The newest games sony have ported are from 2019. Probably wont see pc ports of ghost of tsushima and last of us 2 until next year at the earliest. I could be wrong though.
Well thats what we're discussing tho.

2022 PC ports. Like GoW is January, Uncharted is around March / April.

So summer 2022 is up next. That's 2 years after TLOU2 and Ghost shipped.

Urban

imo one that pulls them into the PS Echosystem. Spiderman 1 before 2 will release would be a good move

bitbydeath

Either Spider-Man or Last of Us 1.
That might be where those Last of Us rumours came from.

Last edited:

Agent X

Knack is the correct answer. This is patently obvious to anyone with a pulse. Anyone who voted for anything else on the poll really isn't paying attention.

On the astoundingly slim chance that it isn't Knack, my next guess is MLB The Show. It's already gone multiplatform this year, and a PC release is the next logical step.

ACESHIGH

Banned
On the astoundingly slim chance that it isn't Knack, my next guess is MLB The Show. It's already gone multiplatform this year, and a PC release is the next logical step.

Hopefully not, I mean baseball does not have worldwide appeal. And the regions where is huge are already big PS markets (US - Japan)

I'd have knack or hell even D tier exclusives like the medievil remaster or the order 1886 over a baseball game.

Last edited:
I think the poll has it right. Based on the rumours Ghost and Bloodborne should be next. TLOU makes sense too because of the show but it depends on when the remake is done. They are not going to port the original at this point.

No need to port PS5 games yet when there are still PS4 games to port.

Sorry to disappoint PC gamers, but there is no way Sony will release Ghost of Tsushima anytime soon on PC.
There are only 2 reasons for Sony to release games on PC:
- Hype up the sequel of a game (see Horizon and God of War)
- Disappointing Sales numbers (see Days Gone)

I think we might see it at the time when Ghost of Tsushima has been officially announced and is not far off.

So realistically, I would expect ports of either Spider-Man (since there is already a sequel and another one announced) or Last of Us (since there is a sequel and it would make sense to also create hype for the TV show).

kyliethicc

99% certain it's gonna be BB. Ghost is too recent I think, it's only a year old.
It'll be 2 years old in July, just a few months after Uncharted goes to PC.

Sorry to disappoint PC gamers, but there is no way Sony will release Ghost of Tsushima anytime soon on PC.
There are only 2 reasons for Sony to release games on PC:
3 - To make more money by selling the game to more people.

Knack is the correct answer. This is patently obvious to anyone with a pulse. Anyone who voted for anything else on the poll really isn't paying attention.
GgHEsw7.jpg

GT7.

100%

Voted “other”, as it should be GT7. Full cross play with PS5 too.

GT7 seems likely but I bet they wait until 2023 or even 2024 to port it.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Spider-Man when Spider-Man 2 approaches release for the ps5.

Demon'Souls once they see the erections.

Eventually, almost all games on that list.

Top Bottom