• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's predict Jimmy Sony's next PC port

What's the next PlayStation game heading to PC (after GoW & Uncharted) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to see 13 Sentinels and other Vanillaware games on PC and other systems, those games deserve more recognition.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If you think about it, they know how much they need to space out the timing because surely they will run out of the big hitters soon? I mean if you release 2 to 3 a year there’s what left?

last of us one and two in time for the tv show. Ghost of Tsushima, blood borne then spider man and you are close to catching up to all the PS4 releases.
there’s no way they are then going to wait 3 to 4 years from launch as they are seeing how successful these launches on pc are.

Juza

Ghost of Tsushima

Returnal

Demon's Souls remake

Bloodborne remastered "will come eventually, but it will take some time"

mansoor1980

Gold Member
all of them
give-me-my-money-jim-ryan.gif

3 - To make more money by selling the game to more people.
Sony don’t care if they could sell more units of one game, they want people to buy their console and buy other games there as well. Sony makes more money on PlayStation per sold copy than on PC. Sony will also get some small money for Amy sold third party game. Do you really think Sony will port their top selling games to PC to slow down their console sales? If it would be so much more profitable than now they would have already startet to port their top sellers when they released on PS4.

Sony will stick to porting older games or games with disappointing sales. Microsoft can afford it, because they don’t care if you buy their console or not and they said multiple times their focus is gamepass.

Kerotan

Spiderman next before the sequel launches and if ghost of tsutshima has a sequel then they'll launch it the year of the sequel.

kyliethicc

Sony don’t care if they could sell more units of one game
Yes they do.

they want people to buy their console and buy other games there as well
True.

Sony makes more money on PlayStation per sold copy than on PC.
Also true.

Do you really think Sony will port their top selling games to PC
Yes.

Sony will stick to porting older games or games with disappointing sales.
Yes as Hulst said, they plan to port games after 2 years or so. It will depend game by game.

"But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release." - Hulst

Aure

Banned
7 posts in 2 years. Dude....

seth meyers pace yourself GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Yeah, i'm mostly a reader.
My previous acc got banned because someone thought i was an alt. Not sure how they jumped to such conclusions, but it happened back in 2016, i think, during the PSN outage

Last edited:
If they were shooting for straight up most profit, Spiderman would be the biggest thing they could bring to the PC.

If not Spiderman I could realistically see them bringing Ghosts of Tsushima for some reason. I'd be cool with that.

I'd love to see Bloodborne the most though, that game would benefit so much more from a PC port than almost anything else they could put out.

Yoboman

Probably TLOU 1 and 2

You idiots will be in here begging for the Bloodborne upgrade like the rest of us for eternity. Welcome to the club

SonGoku

I think there's a clear pattern of Sony porting last gen games to PC while keeping current gen games exclusive. Cross gen games muddy the water, might go either way can't say for sure yet.
They did the same during PS4 gen by porting PS3 games to PC

Zeroing

Banned
So far only PS4 games have been ported so from that list I assume bloodborne. knack, is not on the age demographics of pc gamers…. Maybe.

kingkaiser

Ratchet and Clank - Rift Apart would be funny, especially when it shows that the game can even run on mechanical hard-drives flawlessly.

yurinka

Sorry to disappoint PC gamers, but there is no way Sony will release Ghost of Tsushima anytime soon on PC.
There are only 2 reasons for Sony to release games on PC:
- Hype up the sequel of a game (see Horizon and God of War)
- Disappointing Sales numbers (see Days Gone)
I'd add:
-Hype up an upcoming movie or tv show of that IP (Unchartd and TLOU)

I bet the next PC ports would be:
-Spider-Man (June 2022)
-TLOUR (September 2022)
-Uncharted Nathan Drake's Collection (November 2022)
-Bloodborne (January 2023)
-Ghost of Tsushima (March 2023)
-Dreams (May 2023)
-TLOU2 (July 2023)
-Killzone Remastered Collection (PS5+PC, September 2023 if the other Guerrilla game they have under development is a squad based Killzone)
-Spider-Man Miles Morales (November 2023)

Last edited:

solidus12

Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tshusima
Spider-Man
Spider-Man Miles Morales
God of War Ragnarok
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
The Last of Us Remake
The Last of Us Part II

Holammer

braveheart-hold.gif

To be fair, more games may be ready to publish and the new leak might not be representative of what's getting released after Uncharted.

kyliethicc

I spoke too soon lol now it’s Spider-man coming in August

Uncharted is June, so will anything else come out before Spidey? We’ll see

ACESHIGH

Banned
Either Last of Us Remastered + 2 or Ghost of Tsushima.

Too early to port PS5 games yet. Let mainstream and entry level PC gamers upgrade first. PS4 games can be run comfortably on entry level Desktop, laptops and even Steam Deck. Too big of a target market. Spiderman will sell as much if not more than god of war depending on how good the port is.

Id love Sony to take a look at its PS3 back catalogue and rely less and less in RPCS3.

kyliethicc

Either Last of Us Remastered + 2 or Ghost of Tsushima.

Too early to port PS5 games yet. Let mainstream and entry level PC gamers upgrade first. PS4 games can be run comfortably on entry level Desktop, laptops and even Steam Deck. Too big of a target market. Spiderman will sell as much if not more than god of war depending on how good the port is.

Id love Sony to take a look at its PS3 back catalogue and rely less and less in RPCS3.
Miles Morales is going in November.

Returnal might be even sooner than that.

DeaDPo0L84

I finally got around to playing GoT on my PS5 (loved it). But now I might hold off on playing the dlc cause I feel pretty confident that'll be the next one to get ported and I want to play it in all its glory.

kyliethicc

Miles Morales too.

At this rate, give it another year and every person who voted will be a winner.
Nope. The poll was the NEXT port to ship after Uncharted. Not if a game(s) would get ported.

Only 1 game is the winner.

Still amazed Dreams (or LBP) has never come to PC. The absolutely perfect kinds of games for the PC crowd (community and m/kb).
Media Molecule only work a few hours a year. It took them 9 years to make Dreams. PC port should be by 2028.

Last edited:
Top Bottom