• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG C1 european price

GymWolf

I didn't really followed the oled tv price range in the past years so i know jack shit about what constitute a great offer for this oled tv in europe.

So to cut short, is 1170 euros (free delivery of course) for an lg c1 55" an unmissable occasion?!

It's an offer just for today (something about being 11\11 in the calendar).

What do you say? Is it realistic to hope for an even better occasion (so like at least 100 euros less) during black friday\cyber monday or that price is already a steal?!

Thanks in advance.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I wouldn't call it a "steal" but it's about 10% cheaper than I can find it in the UK right now even with a deal applied, so it's not bad at all.

Now get out of this thread before the burn-in brigade tell you you're an idiot for even thinking about it.

GymWolf

I wouldn't call it a "steal" but it's about 10% cheaper than I can find it in the UK right now even with a deal applied, so it's not bad at all.

Now get out of this thread before the burn-in brigade tell you you're an idiot for even thinking about it.
My last 2 oled tv were used as a straight up pc monitor and for playing with fixed icons for long sessions without a single problem in like 6 years... so the brigade need to perform at his best to even get a bit of attention from me...

About the price, fuck, i really though it was a super occasion... my last 55" panasonic oled was like 1450 euro :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I think LG is just super cheap in general at this point...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's 930 euro in Poland now
I've bought it on release in march for 1200. yikes
edit: ahhh sorry. i am talking about 48" c1

Last edited:

GymWolf

Been on the fence for a good while between the C1 and the QN90A,this is making me lean more to the Samsung right now. Also wondering if QD-OLED is even worth waiting for.
Hopefully mine is not gonna have this problem if i decide to buy it...

the C1 is the best 4K TV you can buy so go for it. I have both the C1 and CX :messenger_tears_of_joy:

they are the high end LG tvs. well there are the wall mountable ones and the 8K so not TOP end but you get what i mean. that means you won't see much of a price drop. i paid £1,600 for my CX and lowest i saw it go was £1,300. the C1 i paid £1,300 for and it's at £1,100 right now. that's probably the best deal you're gonna get. Black Friday is soon and this is the best/last chance to get a good deal on these TVs. the C2 will be announced in a couple months and release in about 4-5 months. so grab a C1 right now if you can. or ... wait for the C2.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
November-December is the best time to buy electronics because the stores are doing everything to free up storage for the new, upcoming 2022 devices. I'd say wait a bit longer, there will be more, possibly even better deals very soon.

GymWolf

the C1 is the best 4K TV you can buy so go for it. I have both the C1 and CX :messenger_tears_of_joy:

they are the high end LG tvs. well there are the wall mountable ones and the 8K so not TOP end but you get what i mean. that means you won't see much of a price drop. i paid £1,600 for my CX and lowest i saw it go was £1,300. the C1 i paid £1,300 for and it's at £1,100 right now. that's probably the best deal you're gonna get. Black Friday is soon and this is the best/last chance to get a good deal on these TVs. the C2 will be announced in a couple months and release in about 4-5 months. so grab a C1 right now if you can. or ... wait for the C2.
My plan was to wait for a 2022 model, but between dic\feb 3 super hyped games come out and i need a new tv for them.

My plan was to wait for a 2022 model, but between dic\feb 3 super hyped games come out and i need a new tv for them.
if you feel you can't hold off then grab a C1. it's a fantastic TV and you'll get the most out of your PS5 or Series X with support for 4K HDR 120Hz and VRR. You'll be set for the rest of this generation. The C2 when it comes out will be the shiny new product but it won't make the C1 any less of a great TV and honestly I don't think there's any new special feature coming for it that is worth waiting for. HDMI 2.1 was the big feature people were waiting for on TVs but that's been here for a while now. Don't need to worry about a new HDMI standard for a long time yet.

Again this is the best time to get a good deal on these TVs. Don't hold off waiting for prices to drop. This is the lowest they'll probably go. At a push you might see an extra few % shaved off but I'd just get one right now. I hesitated dropping the money on my CX but it's such a great TV that i felt it was worth every penny and obviously I decided to get another OLED for the other room.

GymWolf

if you feel you can't hold off then grab a C1. it's a fantastic TV and you'll get the most out of your PS5 or Series X with support for 4K HDR 120Hz and VRR. You'll be set for the rest of this generation. The C2 when it comes out will be the shiny new product but it won't make the C1 any less of a great TV and honestly I don't think there's any new special feature coming for it that is worth waiting for. HDMI 2.1 was the big feature people were waiting for on TVs but that's been here for a while now. Don't need to worry about a new HDMI standard for a long time yet.

Again this is the best time to get a good deal on these TVs. Don't hold off waiting for prices to drop. This is the lowest they'll probably go. At a push you might see an extra few % shaved off but I'd just get one right now. I hesitated dropping the money on my CX but it's such a great TV that i felt it was worth every penny and obviously I decided to get another OLED for the other room.
Yeah, i'm very close to buy it today.

Did anyone knows what are the rumored upgrades for the 2022 model? New panel or some shit?

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Yeah, i'm very close to buy it today.

Did anyone knows what are the rumored upgrades for the 2022 model? New panel or some shit?
Normal OLEDs have been pretty stagnant for a while,think the big upgrade next year is better heatsinks so less burn in and less need for ABL to to gimp the brightness as much. Also Samsung will release their OLED line up but it will be a different panel type with its own quirks.

Last edited:

QSD

just bought a c1 55 inch for 1016 euros last week, so no, better offers are available

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

In that very video he says it'll be fixed with a firmware update. No hardware fix needed.
Its been an issue since August and still no update. They've planned to on the 17th of this month but say it might be delayed. No one wants to deal with HDCP 1.4 on their $1000+ tv.

GymWolf

Normal OLEDs have been pretty stagnant for a while,think the big upgrade next year is better heatsinks so less burn in and less need for ABL to to gimp the brightness as much. Also Samsung will release their OLED line up but it will be a different panel type with its own quirks.

Oh ok who gives a fuck about brightness or burn in when you play in a dark room and never had burn in your life, if these are really the improvements i was a fool for not upgrading before...

GymWolf

just bought a c1 55 inch for 1016 euros last week, so no, better offers are available
jim-carrey-ohcome-on.gif

where?

ParaSeoul

Oh ok who gives a fuck about brightness or burn in when you play in a dark room and never had burn in your life, if these are really the improvements i was a fool for not upgrading before...
I game mostly in a bright room so I'm considering,probably will cave and get the C1 though. Burn in depends on a lot of things,you probably won't get it any time soon but you will get it.

GymWolf

I game mostly in a bright room so I'm considering,probably will cave and get the C1 though. Burn in depends on a lot of things,you probably won't get it any time soon but you will get it.
Nah, i used my last 2 oled tv as pc monitor with fixed icons and black bars and all the worse you can imagine and never had any problem.

Unless modern oled are shittier than old oled in term of bur in don't see that happening anytime soon.

QSD

jim-carrey-ohcome-on.gif

where?

LOL it was on a Dutch site, 'TV Reus' , but it seems like the offer is expired now. :messenger_neutral:

BTW have any of you OLED veterans had trouble getting the TV to accept input from your PC? It picks up other stuff fine, but the PC is constantly 'no signal' even though the pc does actually correctly detect and identify the screen...

Last edited:

GymWolf

I have a small question, right now my curren tv panasonic let me use game mode even in a different mode with maybe more accurate colors, does the c1 offer the same option? like having game mode for the best input lag but in a mode with more accurate colors like filmmaker (i studied a little).

Or i'm forced to only use game mode for the best\smaller input lag available on the tv? (same question for the g-sync, do i have to play in game mode to keep g-sync activated on the tv?)

Thanks.

Tschumi

my vita 1000 has burn in...

.... at night time when all other lights are off there are some darker spots in the screen...

... i have to resist going out and dropping $300 on a unopened vita lol

...far as i know the screen looks fine

ParaSeoul

I don't understand why nobody is talking about this, not even on oled reddit...
There are a few posts but not as much as there should be,everyone is just happy theirs work I guess. Also OLED circles tend to be a no go place for any actual criticism in general. The actual firmware fix is supposed to be coming on the 17th but who knows?

Last edited:

GymWolf

There are a few posts but not as much as there should be,everyone is just happy theirs work I guess. Also OLED circles tend to be a no go place for any actual criticism in general. The actual firmware fix is supposed to be coming on the 17th but who knows?
So it is not a bug that hit everyone but just a minority?

GHG

Thought it was,a little weird for a manufacturing issue to be fixed by firmware

Well if it doesn't fix it for everybody then it would point towards there being some inconsistencies in the manufacturing process.

If all the units were identical then it would fix it for everybody.

ParaSeoul

Well if it doesn't fix it for everybody then it would point towards there being some inconsistencies in the manufacturing process.

If all the units were identical then it would fix it for everybody.
I was hoping it wouldn't be that,I still hold LG in high regard even though I've been burned by one of their products before. LG G4 boot loop issue was never fixed.

Reactions: GHG

GymWolf

The official fix is out on nov 17, i'm usually the negative guy in the room, but it's better wait for that date before preparing my double suicide...

GHG

I was hoping it wouldn't be that,I still hold LG in high regard even though I've been burned by one of their products before. LG G4 boot loop issue was never fixed.

Yeh I'm a fan of LG's stuff in general (my previous OLED was LG and my ultra wide is an LG) but it looks like they've screwed up in some way here. QA should catch this kind of issue.

What's funny now is the fact that TV other manufacturers seem to do a better job with LG's OLED panels, particularly for uses outside of gaming.

Boss Mog

I saw the 77" C1 for 1999€ after 200€ rebate today, that's insane deal. I've seen the 65" C1 around 1200€ a few times so I think 1170 for the 55" is not a good deal. The 55" has been flirting with the 999€ price lately in a few deals so I'd try to get it at that price if I wanted one.

GymWolf

I saw the 77" C1 for 1999€ after 200€ rebate today, that's insane deal. I've seen the 65" C1 around 1200€ a few times so I think 1170 for the 55" is not a good deal. The 55" has been flirting with the 999€ price lately in a few deals so I'd try to get it at that price if I wanted one.
Final price was 1100, for italy is probably the best price around.

People from other parts of europe told me that 1000 euros was the best price but i prefer buying such a big thing from italy if i can.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

There were some nice deals going yesterday, I think the lowest it got on Fnac was 1299€ for 55" + 120€ credited to your Fnac account + 100€ reimbursed by LG. I had way too many things to buy lately with the renovation to worry about a TV, so I passed.

Top Bottom