• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG C1 OLED--Question

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I just bought A 65" C1. Giving my 55" B9 OLED to my parents. HUGE upgrade for them coming off a 42" 1080p

The B9 was my first OLED and Jesus Christ it made everything better

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Man, this whole things with TVs and mounting is such a fucking pain - I have an old Sony 43" 4K tv that seems to be VESA 100x200, funny enough the version of the mount I bought 2 years ago doesn't show it as being supported, but it does show the VESA for the new TV I want as being supported.

I would ideally want to use the same mount and just re-position it better and then chill when I have to get a new TV later on.

ParaSeoul

I thought the C1 had plastic film on the back at first but there were no markings so i thought it was just a coating but it turns out there is plastic back there and its really hard to notice

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Small question, do i need to change the hdmi to pc to unlock the 4:4:4 chroma if i don't have a 2.1 hdmi capable gpu? i read somewhere that simple hdmi 2.0b is not optimal for that and the tv could struggle.

Vincent says to do that on ps5.

also, is it a problem if i set the res\refresh rate at 4k60 on nvcp instead of 4k120 if don't wanna use the nvidia frame limiter everytime i can't achieve 120 frames (so 99,99% of times since i play at 60 frames)
Because in some games you can't really work with nvcp or even rtss to set a frame limiter and the ingame frame limiter are usually worse.
It doesn't matter on ps5.
If you press green button 7 times you can see, it's running RGB 12b 4L8 in both PC and Console input mode. No difference.
On pc just use PC mode and set stuff in nvidia control panel

ParaSeoul

If you press green button 7 times you can see, it's running RGB 12b 4L8 in both PC and Console input mode. No difference.
couldn't get hdr looking right in pc mode so i just kept it at console

GymWolf

Vincent tested that quality image and input lag slightly improve if you change the hdmi to pc on ps5.

I was more asking for the pc.

Also i have another problem, the same i had with my previous oled, even if i set full color on nvidia control panel and auto\full on tv i have a washed up image with less contrast and the usual white\grey shade, but if i put low on tv i have perfect colors but i lose details in the near black zone.

Do i have to chose the lesser evil or there is a solution to have good details in near black and no grey veil\washed up image?!

This shit drive me crazy since probably the first oled tv i had, low black with better black\colors but at the cost of losing near black details in obscure scenes or high black where i see every detail but the image is washed up.

Do i need to take a pic of both modes or you understand what i mean?

Before you ask i will say it again, both pc and tv have the right setting (full on pc, auto\full on tv) when i have the washed up image, it is not a question of having mismatched black settings.

Is there an hided options in the nvidia control panel or windows to fix this shit?

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Imo oled continues to get cheaper because LG has focused more on production volume and less on quality control.
I think it's nice that LG focused on higher production volume while mostly maintaining all the general features, but I was indeed surprised to see that my C9 gets brighter than the latest C1, both in peak and sustained windows.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I’m really tempted to go ahead and get the 65” C1 off Amazon while it’s on sale but I really want to splurge on the 75”…only that’s $1100 more right now. Do these things usually get cheaper after Christmas or is this the time to jump on one?

I’m not in any rush, but my decade old 1080p plasma is feeling super outdated for having a PS5 hooked up to it

ParaSeoul

I’m really tempted to go ahead and get the 65” C1 off Amazon while it’s on sale but I really want to splurge on the 75”…only that’s $1100 more right now. Do these things usually get cheaper after Christmas or is this the time to jump on one?

I’m not in any rush, but my decade old 1080p plasma is feeling super outdated for having a PS5 hooked up to it
Cheaper now unless you want to wait until next year for clearance sales

hussar16

I played for the last 6 years exclusively on oled TVs...

I asked this once but the answer was not really clear (my fault most probably), can i use the low input feature and g-sync on something that is not game optimizer mode?

Like for example, i want to play tlou2 with accurate colors on filmmaker or isf mode, can i open the game-bar from the remote and activate the low latency mode\g-sync in those video modes? or i'm forced to play everything on game mode to have the lowest input lag?

talking about this thing
maxresdefault.jpg
No I think gsync and vvr are only in that submenu of game mode .the little menu like that pops up only in game mode

Thaedolus

Just got the 65” hooked up. Actually glad I didn’t go bigger for the room it’s in, and got the PS5 setup with HDR.

Oh my fucking god it’s glorious

Thaedolus

Anyone have issues only getting 2.0 sound output from the optical out? It seems like this output is somewhat finicky but haven't seen a solution to my issue...doesn't matter if it's a native app or PS5/Switch/PC, it's just outputting 2.0 to my receiver.

Demigod Mac

I might order one of these…. is there anything i should know? Its, 120 hz, right?
120 Hz + VRR + FreeSync + Gsync compatible + low input lag - it's excellent as a gaming TV. Make sure all the HDMI cables in your setup are Ultra speed (2.1) certified.
If you have an AVR make sure it supports HDMI 2.1 and has the setting for it enabled, or else you'll need to hook the consoles directly into the TV and use ARC to route audio to the AVR.

hyperbertha

And as expected, this thread didn't take too long to devolve into openly airing the blatant insecurity of both OLED and other leds master races. Some people spent more time justifying their purchases to themselves than playing games.

Thaedolus

Man, aside from my woes getting this thing to play nice with my surround receiver, this thing is incredible. I played some PS4 titles on my PS5 last night and I couldn’t believe how good they looked. Everything just pops now, and nothing is better than when a scene cuts to black and the whole TV is…black. No glow or dim grey, it’s so black I instinctively wonder if it shut off. White on black title cards are like holy shit.

As for the sound- I got the PS5 to play nice finally, consistently outputting 5.1, but the native apps either can only do PCM or whatever they send out is garbled. My dad has an Denon AVR he’s not using anymore which is a few years newer than mine, so he said I could have that to try. Otherwise I have no idea what to do. Sending audio via ARC or optical seems to be sorta broken and the only stuff I see online is to just play around with shit until it works 🤷‍♀️

TV is just fantastic otherwise

MaKTaiL

Man, aside from my woes getting this thing to play nice with my surround receiver, this thing is incredible. I played some PS4 titles on my PS5 last night and I couldn’t believe how good they looked. Everything just pops now, and nothing is better than when a scene cuts to black and the whole TV is…black. No glow or dim grey, it’s so black I instinctively wonder if it shut off. White on black title cards are like holy shit.

As for the sound- I got the PS5 to play nice finally, consistently outputting 5.1, but the native apps either can only do PCM or whatever they send out is garbled. My dad has an Denon AVR he’s not using anymore which is a few years newer than mine, so he said I could have that to try. Otherwise I have no idea what to do. Sending audio via ARC or optical seems to be sorta broken and the only stuff I see online is to just play around with shit until it works 🤷‍♀️

TV is just fantastic otherwise
Make sure to set sound output to Bitstream in the audio settings of the TV when using optical.

Thaedolus

Make sure to set sound output to Bitstream in the audio settings of the TV when using optical.
Done, I’ve basically tried every setting combo imaginable. If only the PS5 ends up working over ARC/optical, that’s ok I guess, but I’d really like it if the native apps would send out surround that my receiver can interpret. It’s actually much more convenient that there’s a Disney+ button on the remote and the app is pretty snappy vs loading it up on the PS5 or chrome casting it. Also I don’t seem to get surround from the HBO Max PS5 app even though it’s working for everything else

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Done, I’ve basically tried every setting combo imaginable. If only the PS5 ends up working over ARC/optical, that’s ok I guess, but I’d really like it if the native apps would send out surround that my receiver can interpret. It’s actually much more convenient that there’s a Disney+ button on the remote and the app is pretty snappy vs loading it up on the PS5 or chrome casting it. Also I don’t seem to get surround from the HBO Max PS5 app even though it’s working for everything else
I use optical here and I get Dolby 5.1 on every compatible app (Netflix, Prime Video, etc).

Thaedolus

I use optical here and I get Dolby 5.1 on every compatible app (Netflix, Prime Video, etc).

Son of a b- I just disconnected the ARC HDMI and unplugged all of the devices and replugged them in and now the native apps and PS5 work over fine over optical.

I don’t know why it’s working now but it’s working and I’m not touching shit for the time being

Top Bottom