• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG Display to start production of 27 inch and 32 inch WOLED panels by the end of the year [oled-info.com]

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Dude the world doesnt revolve around gaming you know?
IPS have it's place even if you dont know which is it

IPS has a place its called the garbage bin

IPS is pushed by monitor manufactures because its old tech and cheap as hell to make ips have overrated viewing angles, terrible dark content viewing, backlight bleeding, silvering/glow(even with correct room light), average pixel response. IPS is dead other than refresh rate improvements its at a dead end and the inherent flaws will never get better VA has seen massive improvements just recently its not perfect but its fine but sadly VA isn't being pushed outside of curved It's bullshit IPS is pushed by monitor manufactures because its old tech and cheap as hell to make

it shouldn't even be sold anymore at all The ONLY reason it hasn't been completely fazed out is GREED

Whitecrow

Banned

IPS is pushed by monitor manufactures because its old tech and cheap as hell to make ips have overrated viewing angles, terrible dark content viewing, backlight bleeding, silvering/glow(even with correct room light), average pixel response. IPS is dead other than refresh rate improvements its at a dead end and the inherent flaws will never get better VA has seen massive improvements just recently its not perfect but its fine but sadly VA isn't being pushed outside of curved It's bullshit IPS is pushed by monitor manufactures because its old tech and cheap as hell to make

it shouldn't even be sold anymore at all The ONLY reason it hasn't been completely fazed out is GREED
As I've said, you are mostly speaking from a gaming standpoint.

Do you even know that IPS trumps in color accuracy any other tech (besides calibrated TVs)?
And do you know that there's people with jobs that need that?
Looks to me like you dont.

Yes, backlight bleed is an issue, but onyle with the cheaper.

i hate the 'I dont need it hence it must disappear' cringe childish mentality.

PerfectDark

Banned
Been waiting years for this. I don't understand how I been gaming on oled tv's for years yet I still can't buy a 27" oled monitor. I been gaming on a 1440p 165hz qdot monitor for 5 years. I want a new monitor but scam manufactures want like $800 for a decent ips 27" monitor. If I am going to even be more fussy I am sick of the matte anti glare coating running my monitors. I want glossy so the color pop.

Give me a monitor in 27" that is the same as lg oleds.

My pc has a rtx 3080 yet my ps5, series x blow away anything on PC because I am using old fossil tech for a monitor. And I don't hook my PC up to my tv. I play competitive games on PC and relax on console.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

As I've said, you are mostly speaking from a gaming standpoint.

Do you even know that IPS trumps in color accuracy any other tech (besides calibrated TVs)?
And do you know that there's people with jobs that need that?
Looks to me like you dont.

Yes, backlight bleed is an issue, but onyle with the cheaper.

i hate the 'I dont need it hence it must disappear' cringe childish mentality.
I have dual 27" 4k 160hz IPS monitors on my desk and until OLED can 100% stop burn in these will continue being my top used displays for having my PC on all the time and usually a stock ticker running 100% of the time on my other display

And I game all the time on PC and the new consoles on these displays all the time and have tried a single 48" C1 on my desk and hated it

I have dual 27" 4k 160hz IPS monitors on my desk and until OLED can 100% stop burn in these will continue being my top used displays for having my PC on all the time and usually a stock ticker running 100% of the time on my other display
160hz for a stock ticker?

if youre going to tard out, at least have a dedicated oled display for gaming.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
160hz for a stock ticker?

if youre going to tard out, at least have a dedicated oled display for gaming.
Its because I have my consoles also hooked up to the display opposite my PC display and many time have something running even TV wise if I am gaming on my console

Plus I have a C9 and for my tastes I prefer my 85" QN90a because of the brightness

dotnotbot

Sony will hopefully roll out with new Mediatek chips that support 4x HDMI 2.1 ports.

49” and 77” QD-OLEDS are going into production as well, so Samsung will likely have what you’re looking for. I just hope they add a polarizing layer or some other filter so there’s no black lift with ambient light.

That would drag brightness down. Brightness is unfortunately the only thing most consumers compare when chosing OLED, many aren't even aware of LG's panels disadvantages like white subpixel overshoot or tinting.

Last edited:
Would have taken you less time to google than it did for you to type that message.
Would have less taken time for you answer his question instead of trying to sound smart.

what the hell is a woled

(White OLED) An OLED display panel that emits white light. In a WOLED TV, the white light is beamed through color filters similar to LCD TVs. In contrast, direct emission RGB, which is used in smartphones, emits red, green and blue light directly. WOLEDs are also used for ceiling and light fixtures (see OLED lighting.

GHG

Gold Member
Would have less taken time for you answer his question instead of trying to sound smart.

You've literally copied and pasted a definition from elsewhere on the Internet for him.

At some point people need to learn to figure things out for themselves via verifiable sources instead of being spoon-fed by randoms on the internet. That's how misinformation spreads, its why people are becoming less informed and less intelligent despite having generations worth of knowledge and information at their fingertips 24/7, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Message boards and social media primarily exist to facilitate discussion and share opinions, they should not serve as a first port of call for learning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom