• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG unveils the world’s first 240Hz OLED gaming monitors under the UltraGear brand. $1699.99(45"in), $999.99(27"in)

https://techaeris.com/2022/12/13/lg-unveils-the-worlds-first-240hz-oled-gaming-monitors/
Giving us a sneak peak of some of what we can expect to see at CES 2023 in January, LG has unveiled the world’s first 240Hz OLED gaming monitors: the LG UltraGear 27″ OLED Gaming Monitor and the 45″ Curved OLED Gaming Monitor.

Both LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitors offer 240Hz refresh rates and 0.03ms (GTG) response time for fast, smooth, low-latency gaming. Vibrant graphics are ensured with 98.5% DCI-P3 colour gamut coverage, and the monitors support VRR, FreeSync Premium, VESA Adaptive Sync, and are NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible.

“Featuring our industry leading display technologies, these purpose-built monitors boast the speed needed for competitive gaming as well as picture quality that makes everything look and feel more real. As a pioneer of the gaming space, LG will continue to invent completely new customer experiences through its high-performance LG UltraGear gaming monitors that come in various sizes and form factors to satisfy every kind of gamer.”

Seo Young-jae, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company

Other key features include HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 connectivity, alongside a headphone jack for DTS Headphone:X spatial audio.
Specifications
LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (27GR95QE)
LG UltraGear Curved OLED Gaming Monitor (45GR95QE)
Display TypeOLED (AGLR)OLED (AGLR)
Screen Size27-inch45-inch
ResolutionQHD (2,560 x 1,440)WQHD (3,440 x 1,440)
Colour GamutDCI-P3 98.5%DCI-P3 98.5%
Contrast Ratio1,500,000:11,500,000:1
Refresh Rate240Hz240Hz
Response Time0.03ms GTG0.03ms GTG
Curvature800R
HDRHDR10HDR10
Connectivity• HDMI 2.1 x2
• DisplayPort 1.4 x1
• USB 3.0 x1 Upstream
• USB 3.0 x2 Downstream
• 4 pole H/P out (DTS HP:X)
• HDMI 2.1 x2
• DisplayPort 1.4 x1
• USB 3.0 x1 Upstream
• USB 3.0 x2 Downstream
• 4 pole H/P out (DTS HP:X)
SpeakerN/AN/A
Remote ControllerYesYes
Stand• Tilt: -5º to +15º (Manual)
• Height: 110mm (Auto)
• Swivel: ±10º
• Pivot: Not Available
• Tilt: -5º to +15º (Manual)
• Height: 110mm (Auto)
• Swivel: ±10º
• Pivot: Not Available
The larger 45″ model has an MSRP of USD$1699.99, while the 27″ model will set you back USD$999.99. Both are available to preorder from LG and LG Canada. If you’re in Vegas in January, the latest UltraGear gaming monitors will be on display at CES 2023 from January 5th to 8th.

These monitors have some great specs but that I'm not sure about $1700 for the 45 inch one.

Now they just need to get more support for 240Hz games and apps and we are rolling.

Considering how much money they put in display tech for their phones, I'm surprised Sony didn't beat LG to the punch with a 240Hz gaming monitor with their INZone brand.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Dude, that ultrawide 45" OLED is fire for $1.7k

cat Heavy breathing GIF

The Alienware 34" version is $1.1k

Goddamn, i might pick up the either when its discounted or when there's a competitor with the same size. 45" seems ideal :eek:

kiphalfton

Good to have competition for dell.

I love my Alienware AW3420DW (34" ultra wide IPS monitor), but at the time it cost way too much and it doesn't look like anything has changed since then as their new OLED monitors still cost way to much currently.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
45" 1440p ultrawide... Is this the same PPI as a 32inch 1440p?

If it is, then pixel density should be pretty bad.. I guess for games it may not make much of a difference, but for text and office work it might be a bit bothersome.

45" 1440p ultrawide... Is this the same PPI as a 32inch 1440p?

If it is, then pixel density should be pretty bad.. I guess for games it may not make much of a difference, but for text and office work it might be a bit bothersome.

Windows 11 had auto-adaptation now which adjust automatically to prevent ppi distortion.

Sentenza

Not even as expensive as I was guessing while reading the first half of the title.
I was ready for some "AND THEY COST FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS". Who knows, maybe next upgrade in a year or so.

Top Bottom