• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBT+ [OT]

petran79

Banned
In an online discussion I read that some homosexual women consider the term LBGT outdated and non-PC. The orientation of every person is defined by the special persons they fall in love with and the feelings they have.
A rather interesting take on the matter because it demonstrates that the more you try to analyze and categorize things, the more limiting the labels become with even more split terms further on.
No matter in how many labels, gender definitions and categories people are put together, they'll always struggle to overcome them and seek their self-determination and nature, based on their own terms and experiences. Something that is more mysterious and complicated than what any kind of science seeks to explain

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Thank you @Acerac, @7echnicolor, and @oxrock, and fucking everyone else who posted here. And definitely Ailynn Ailynn

BTW Ailynn where did you get your handle? I got mine on Xbox Live, because I was really good at games at the time and it made me laugh when people got their ass kicked by "I'm new be nice". Also the entire idea that somebody would call themselves not only a sentence but "I'm new be nice" makes me laugh even 10 years later. And there's an adorable sense of innocence to the name as well.

Thank YOU so much, I'm new be nice I'm new be nice ! You are amazing, and I hope everything has been going well for you! :messenger_heart:

I think your username is adorable, and probably actually would work on me if I saw some opponent named that in a game.

My username is just my legal first name. Before coming out as trans, I used the online alias of ShinRyoga about 15 years ago during my old M.U.G.E.N creation days. Later, I changed it to ShinSamus. Now however, I usually just stick to using my real name where possible...as I feel it keeps me honest with my words. :)

Last edited:
I see it like this:

If two men or two women want to get together in a relationship and go through all the same shit that a straight couple do, then more power to you.

Although I have always wondered about domestic violence in gay relationships (two men). Like, I would NEVER hit a woman no matter how mad they made me. But if I was in a relationship with a bloke and things got heated...the option to slog them is on the table.

*deep breath*

Ok, this is something I've been going back and forth on for a while, I'm very hesitant to say this, but sometimes the best decisions are made impulsively so fuck it, let's do it.

There's something I want to get off my chest...

I think I may be trans.

Yes, really, I'm not saying this for attention or brownie points, feel however you want to feel about it and me, I'm not trying to control whatever anyone says on here or what their opinions are.

This is very, very difficult for me to talk about and this is a very difficult situation for me, I do not have a family that would be receptive to it at all, in fact it terrifies me what they might think, especially my father, I also don't know whether I'm really strong enough to actually go through with the process (certainly I would not get reassignment surgery), it takes a lot of guts to do that, I of course worry that I could never "pass" and wind up like the "it's ma'am!" person (I would never in a million years act like they acted though)

I'm not being trendy, this has always been a part of me, I look back on my life and a lot of things make a terrifying amount of sense when looked at through the light that I might be trans.

But I want to emphasize, might, all I'm really trying to say is I'm sympathetic and understanding of trans people, you have to understand that transgenderism is nothing new, it wasn't invented in the 2010s, it's been hijacked by the SJW culture and used as political tool, which I dislike and yes sometimes it's taken too far, like with sports for example.

But that doesn't mean it's not still a thing, the human mind is an infinitely complicated thing, it's not usual to me to think that someone may feel differently on the inside than how they look on the outside.

This is a very complicated issue, I just wanted to get this off my chest and offer my perspective on the matter, again, I am not saying that I am trans, just that it's a possibility and that I'm sympathetic towards trans people.

I know this is probably going to come as a shock and I know the trans issue pushes some of you here's buttons, I hope we can still get along despite this, I'm serious when I say that I'm ok with disagreement.

This was very difficult to decide to post this, here goes nothing!

CyberPanda

Banned
*deep breath*

Ok, this is something I've been going back and forth on for a while, I'm very hesitant to say this, but sometimes the best decisions are made impulsively so fuck it, let's do it.

I think I may be trans.

Yes, really, I'm not saying this for attention or brownie points, feel however you want to feel about it and me, I'm not trying to control whatever anyone says on here or what their opinions are.

This is very, very difficult for me to talk about and this is a very difficult situation for me, I do not have a family that would be receptive to it at all, in fact it terrifies me what they might think, especially my father, I also don't know whether I'm really strong enough to actually go through with the process (certainly I would not get reassignment surgery), it takes a lot of guts to do that, I of course worry that I could never "pass" and wind up like the "it's ma'am!" person (I would never in a million years act like they acted though)

I'm not being trendy, this has always been a part of me, I look back on my life and a lot of things make a terrifying amount of sense when looked at through the light that I might be trans.

But I want to emphasize, might, all I'm really trying to say is I'm sympathetic and understanding of trans people, you have to understand that transgenderism is nothing new, it wasn't invented in the 2010s, it's been hijacked by the SJW culture and used as political tool, which I dislike and yes sometimes it's taken too far, like with sports for example.

But that doesn't mean it's not still a thing, the human mind is an infinitely complicated thing, it's not usual to me to think that someone may feel differently on the inside than how they look on the outside.

This is a very complicated issue, I just wanted to get this off my chest and offer my perspective on the matter, again, I am not saying that I am trans, just that it's a possibility and that I'm sympathetic towards trans people.

I know this is probably going to come as a shock and I know the trans issue pushes some of you here's buttons, I hope we can still get along despite this, I'm serious when I say that I'm ok with disagreement.

Congrats on figuring out what you want, and who you are. I support you whatever decision you make. <3

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
*deep breath*

I think I may be trans.

I just want to say- I'm sending you a big hug, and want to be of any help I can be! I'll send you a direct message when I find the time to do so, but please know you can confide in me in any way without any judgment whatsoever, and you may ask me any questions - I am an open book. :)

Much love to you, dear. I know you are scared, and I'm so very sorry you may be going through this struggle...but I'll try to help however I can. 💜

Last edited:
*deep breath*

I think I may be trans.

You deserve to be happy. You should pursue happiness.

If your family can't accept you, yeah I imagine that would hurt.

But imo living to make everyone else happy at the absolute expense of yourself will hurt you more.

Just my opinion tho.

So yeah, I have an update on my situation.

Well, nothing's really changed, I haven't begun to transition or anything, I've not even come out to anyone in my life about how I feel, I've simply thought about it a lot.

But the trouble is I simply do not live in a situation conductive to being trans, I live in a very conservative part of the country with a very conservative family, it scares the hell out of me to think what everyone would think if I came out as trans, especially my father.

So it may be a fact that I'm simply stuck with being man, for what it's worth, I don't HATE it, I have nothing against maleness or masculinity, it's no hard feelings ya know what I mean?

But sadly while I have nothing against men I don't know if that's really me, who I truly am.

I've been very unflinching in researching transgenderism, I've seen that a lot of people strongly dislike it and sometimes I wonder myself whether it's really a thing, but while I'm sympathetic to those who don't understand it, try to understand that it's difficult for me as well. it's bizarre to me as well, but I can't deny that it also makes some sense and it's how I've always felt to some degree before I had any sort of name for it.

At the end of the day I may have to accept being a man, which is ok, but I do feel it's a fact that there is a side of me that is female.

These are very difficult times we live in, everything that we took for granted is being called into question, sometimes you wonder whether things should have been left well enough alone, but maybe these are tough questions that needed to be asked.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned

Well, nothing's really changed, I haven't begun to transition or anything, I've not even come out to anyone in my life about how I feel, I've simply thought about it a lot.

But the trouble is I simply do not live in a situation conductive to being trans, I live in a very conservative part of the country with a very conservative family, it scares the hell out of me to think what everyone would think if I came out as trans, especially my father.

So it may be a fact that I'm simply stuck with being man, for what it's worth, I don't HATE it, I have nothing against maleness or masculinity, it's no hard feelings ya know what I mean?

But sadly while I have nothing against men I don't know if that's really me, who I truly am.

I've been very unflinching in researching transgenderism, I've seen that a lot of people strongly dislike it and sometimes I wonder myself whether it's really a thing, but while I'm sympathetic to those who don't understand it, try to understand that it's difficult for me as well. it's bizarre to me as well, but I can't deny that it also makes some sense and it's how I've always felt to some degree before I had any sort of name for it.

At the end of the day I may have to accept being a man, which is ok, but I do feel it's a fact that there is a side of me that is female.

These are very difficult times we live in, everything that we took for granted is being called into question, sometimes you wonder whether things should have been left well enough alone, but maybe these are tough questions that needed to be asked.

I dont mean to be insensetive, im genuine when im asking this - but wheres the line between 'liking things that might be considered girly' - i.e baths, candles, whatever (in the same sense girls can be tomboys) and wondering if you were born into the wrong gender. Growing up you never really heard about trans stuff outside of what you saw in movies or that (for me), and now it seems like they encourage children to question gender - something me or my friends/classmates would hadn't even considered growing up.

plushyp

EDIT: NVM, got cold feet and changed my mind on the post :messenger_blowing_kiss:
I wish you'd post it again because a friend of mine went through the exact same issue and did the same thing. He's in a much better place mentally and I actually showed him your post. He was almost in tears but was happy that someone reached the same epiphany as he did. Needless to say but he very much appreciated you writing down your experience. I really feel someone on the net searching through forums would read that and gain insight or a perspective that wouldn't be normally available in the way you written it: with honesty and sincerity.

Last edited:
I dont mean to be insensetive, im genuine when im asking this - but wheres the line between 'liking things that might be considered girly' - i.e baths, candles, whatever (in the same sense girls can be tomboys) and wondering if you were born into the wrong gender. Growing up you never really heard about trans stuff outside of what you saw in movies or that (for me), and now it seems like they encourage children to question gender - something me or my friends/classmates would hadn't even considered growing up.

I don't know where the line is drawn, that's the question I've been asking myself.

For me though it's more than "liking girly things", it's a feeling like you what are on the outside isn't truly what you are on the inside, there is my mental construct of "me" and then there is my flesh and sadly there's a disconnect between the two.

I feel like the internet has done for the human mind what the automobile did for the human foot, it's expanded our consciousnesses beyond what was previously possible and not always in good ways and in ways that understandably scare the hell out of people sometimes, but that's just what has happened.

EDIT: NVM, got cold feet and changed my mind on the post :messenger_blowing_kiss:

I wish I could have read what you wrote. 🤷‍♂️

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

You can be a man and like girly stuff. You wouldn't know it from looking at me but I like cute things in general. If you like something embrace it.

buizel

Banned
You can be a man and like girly stuff. You wouldn't know it from looking at me but I like cute things in general. If you like something embrace it.

Yes this was my point exactly. I love pink and some magical girl anime and all this, and cute things in general. I do embrace it.

But thats my point, I love many things 'for girls' but at no point would I think I am a girl.

Is it all just based on the media we consume and how it presents stereotypes for men/women, that we are comparing ourselves to? Just trying to get a handle on the though process (=

I don't know where the line is drawn, that's the question I've been asking myself.

For me though it's more than "liking girly things", it's a feeling like you what are on the outside isn't truly what you are on the inside, there is my mental construct of "me" and then there is my flesh and sadly there's a disconnect between the two.

I feel like the internet has done for the human mind what the automobile did for the human foot, it's expanded our consciousnesses beyond what was previously possible and not always in good ways and in ways that understandably scare the hell out of people sometimes, but that's just what has happened.

I wish I could have read what you wrote. 🤷‍♂️

Hmm, yeah as kids a lot of us grew up thinking we're uncomfortable in our own skin, it's just we didnt have people back then having us question if that was because of our incorrect gender or not. I think because it's so prevelant nowadays, the awareness of gender-identity, that people are questioning IF it's their gender, and could have their feelings validated and invalidated very strongly.

Last edited:
Alright, for whatever reason it makes me uncomfortable to leave this hanging and up in the air.

So I'm going to say that if I have to choose then no, I don't think I'm trans, I'm just someone very in touch with my feminine side, which every guy has to some degree I guess.

brap

Banned
Alright, for whatever reason it makes me uncomfortable to leave this hanging and up in the air.

So I'm going to say that if I have to choose then no, I don't think I'm trans, I'm just someone very in touch with my feminine side, which every guy has to some degree I guess.
Bro let's go watch The OC together and listen to some ATC

Reiterating from the other thread: the LGBT community here on GAF is freaking awesome.

No, I'm not your "ally" because that term is garbage. (It wasn't always garbage though, only became garbage when twisted by certain people.) What I am, though, is everybody's bro here, so let's just kick back and relax and make jokes and all of that.

Zeroing Zeroing is this you? 😂

tumblr_pixkzorYr41xix1cgo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom