• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lilly Wachowski confirms 'Matrix' series is a transgender allegory

Hissing Sid

Remember the days when film creators were looked upon with near universal admiration bordering upon reverence?

And then the internet came along and lifted up the rock to reveal just exactly what slithered and crawled beneath.

No way Matrix 4 ends up being anything other than an identity politics filled, virtue signalling infused creation of pure fucking wokedom.

NeoGiffer

R9tiSHA.jpg

lH77fSn2kBc0yQ1X7ogiRl8zK69wBZ-DujbQ6jBYecYWejzONsdycpR3hvg--AVK8uV76dhAn3fM-7YgKgwasEwB8zqrG11JVdoklrJca892Sldt1ubh5X7WTKL3F_dJgm78PwlgYazLluZ296nySxgM3_PxIiLUlgM

RedVIper

Banned
Again, this is blown way out of proportion.

Dumbledore makes perfect sense in hindsight being gay, and is hinted at several times if you reread the books. The guys love of knitting alone should have tipped people off.

Isn't this pretty homophobic?

"If you like knitting it's because you like to suck cock" sounds very homophobic.

SuperGooey

Thinking about it a bit more, I can definitely see parts of The Matrix as a coming out as trans allegory. Waking up in your "real body" was a big part of the film. It seems kinda obvious now, but it's great because Neo waking up in the real world means other things for the story and for his personal journey. It's not overbearing, and you can choose to not see it as any allegory if you don't want to.

BTW, I really like the original idea of Switch being female in the Matrix and male in the real world. That's a concept I wouldn't mind being recycled in Matrix 4.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Thinking about it a bit more, I can definitely see parts of The Matrix as a coming out as trans allegory. Waking up in your "real body" was a big part of the film. It seems kinda obvious now, but it's great because Neo waking up in the real world means other things for the story and for his personal journey. It's not overbearing, and you can choose to not see it as any allegory if you don't want to.

BTW, I really like the original idea of Switch being female in the Matrix and male in the real world. That's a concept I wouldn't mind being recycled in Matrix 4.

Really, back when I watched the Matrix for the first time...I had similar thoughts.

I wondered...if I was transgender (male-to-female) in the Matrix due to a "glitch"...and if in the real world I was a biological XX woman...I would take that red pill as fast as I could. :)

Tesseract

Banned
some of it kinda makes sense, explains the 'most guys do' dragula trinity line

that moment speaks more to women in stem than anything else ...

rest is a stretch, they should shut the fuck up and concentrate on the movie

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Whatever.

I fucking love that movie, and always will. She can say it's about whatever she wants to. As far as I'm concerned it's a cyberpunk action movie that borrowed heavily from William Gibson, and rewrote the rules on filming action sequences. But if it makes her happy to say it's about trans issues for them then that's fine with me.

Well this has been known for a long time, Larry got involved with a dominatrix named Ilsa Strix that used to tie him up, beat him and shoot Ketamine into his dick while climaxing, she also made him crossdress, and later public humiliation on red carpets, essentialy turning him into a tranny.

She also where responisble for the zion rave/orgy shit, but you can see her influence the most in sense8

Im not fucking with you at all, this shit is true.

SuperGooey

Really? To me it'll always be just another cool action movie.
I'm definitely biased since The Matrix is my all-time favorite film, but... really? You only thought it was "just another action movie"? Give it a rewatch, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. There's a lot of great ideas, philosophies, and overall smart filmmaking put into The Matrix that puts it far above most action films.

Top Bottom