• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live A Live - a bunch of new trailers

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This is the slowest moving game I've ever played. It's actually insufferable. I quit about 15 seconds after taking control of the character, as the input lag sealed the deal. Glad there was a demo otherwise I would have wasted money.
Aw man is it that bad? Going to try for myself tonight.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Gave the demo a try last night. Started with the Edo time period and so far it's better than expected.

For sure picking this up next month.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is the demo actually bad or are y'all tweaking? Don't really wanna try it but I need to see if it actually is bad now. 😔
It's not bad at all. Assuming one of the other time periods I haven't tried yet isn't broken or something.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My only disappointment with the demo so far is that it seems there is no option to select Japanese voices. The English voices (much like in Triangle Strategy) are pretty shit.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’s cool that the characters have a dubbing. I made it past the Edo. Not much happened though. There’s some good looking environments. I could play a lot of Super Famicom/SNES JRPGs this way.

It’s hard to judge it. Battles are ok. AOE attacks also damage you if you aren’t out of the attack range. I ended up using stealth for most of the first part. I tried space next. A guy is basically programming his robot and he’s making him do stuff.

There’s not a ton to go off of, but that’s as much as I can say. If you enjoy SNES JRPGs then you’ll probably have a good time with it. I’ll definitely be getting it. I preordered it from the store already.

ToadMan

I played distant future first in the demo. Loved the theme and setup there. 2001 meets Alien… After playing this I was keen for the full game…

Edo I played about 40 minutes of. Not so sure about the game anymore... Story seemed uninteresting - “rescue guy from a castle” - and the gameplay kind of funky too.

Now I can’t tell whether I’ll enjoy the whole thing or not. I was most interested in distant future and Wild West and behind those the near future. So i guess I’ll read impressions and reviews closer to release and decide.

I didn’t notice any movement speed problems as one poster said. It looks great and performs great too.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How long is each character's story in the full game?
About 2, maybe 2.5 hours each.

The full game is about 20-25 hours total for all chapters. There are a total of 9 chapters, the last two chapters are the longest.

jshackles

If you go to the audio settings there should be a option to switch from English to Japanese.
I'll have to double-check that, I didn't see it on my first brush through.

EDIT: found it, it's only accessible from the main menu. Cheers Barakov Barakov !

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Day one for me. Loved every single HD-2D game so far. Already pre-ordered it.

Hopefully Chrono Trigger HD-2D is coming soon. They're got to be thinking about it pretty hard.

Chrono can’t come back because of political controversy. What?

In CT, there is a town called… Medina, populated by literal monsters who worship a magician named Magus, who later decides to convert to Chronianity.

There is probably an argument to be made that Lavos is the Kabaa.

Last edited:

Oberstein

Very surprised by the shinobi demo: there are at least 3 bosses.
On my first run, I didn't see any.

The first one, easier to find, is the giant fish.
The second one is a samurai with Megolomania music in the background.
The third one is... your master, if you run away from the castle in the first screen.

kinda neat.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom