• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Livestreaming Masked Cryptobros open record $375,000 1st ed. Base Set Pokemon Card box. They bought a fake box.

Porcile

A bit of context. Pokemon card prices have skyrocketed the last few months due to the pandemic and a bunch of popular Youtubers buying graded cards and sealed boxes at record breaking prices. Now people with no prior knowledge or interest have decided that Pokémon cards, specifically the original base set cards are worthy items of their high level investment strategies. Sealed Base Set boxes are the grail item because you are guaranteed a bunch of expensive holo cards usually in near mint condition, in particular the Charizard which is the most coveted card, as it always was. They are extremely rare and there are a bunch of fake sealed boxes on the market. These guys thinking they've bought the most expensive box in history got scammed for one. Hilarity and palpable disappointment ensues.

The opening begins at 35 mins.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It'd be funny if the 375k meant anything to them.

Porcile

It'd be funny if the 375k meant anything to them.

Yeah true but they came out of it looking rather stupid and actually the impact of this will be pretty big actually.

Anyway, they're opening another box later.

quickwhips

I sold pokemon cards as a teenager at a shop at the mall. It's how I met my wife. Her little brother was into them. I gave him a charzard for his birthday. Hero forever. Never got into it but I use to fuck with kids by fake opening packs that I stuffed with holos. People would pay more for packs from the store I worked at.

Top Bottom