• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loki |OT| Time Crimes

sol_bad

He's the god of mischief, he should be very suspicious and not so quick to accept what they're peddling him, at least till he knows what they really want from him. And then, as the god of mischief, he'd try to work it in his favor first.

He did as soon as he could, he tried tricking them in the 2nd episode but Mobius knew he was trying to trick them, then he left the TVA in episode 3 to try and join up with Sylvie to take over the TVA.

Ulysses 31

He did as soon as he could, he tried tricking them in the 2nd episode but Mobius knew he was trying to trick them, then he left the TVA in episode 3 to try and join up with Sylvie to take over the TVA.
I was mainly talking about how he should've behaved in ep1. By ep2 he'd lost most of his mischief edge and undergone too much of a personality change(if you accept what the show tells you).

Actually, the show solves all contrivances in the MCU up to this points since it's revealed that there's no free will and everything was pre-determined by He Who Remains. :lollipop_winking:

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
I guess ep2 took place days or weeks later 🤷‍♀️
even in ep3, loki was sussing and hoping to trick sylvie

also did not like the whole HWR pre-determined plot for phase 4, seems they are going with the matrix angle.
sylki are probably the many iterations who visited HWR as like trineoty. :pie_roffles:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Just in case anyone is interested. Her talks about time travel and the multiverse and how it works etc.

Yep, I listened to Ryan Ary on this... So the sacred timeline IS a multiverse but the outcomes are already predetermined... So anyone who deviates from the path (like Sylvie wanting to be a hero or Alligator Loki eating the wrong cat) is nabbed by the TVA and pruned...

It's so that He Who Remains' variants (like Kang) don't come into being.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Disappointed Chris Farley GIF
No Thanks GIF

NahaNago

Well I did enjoy the show but I thought they messed up Loki as well. I always thought he was a lot smarter than Thor and liked to plan things out but he just came off as an idiot in this show. My issue with him and Thor has been that they have either been depowered or made stupid in this universe. Like Thor is the prince of kingdom that spans I believe several planets. So you would think he would be well educated on things like science and even magic to a certain degree as well as ruling and leading soldiers but he just comes off as an idiot. I still don't know what does being an asgardian god even mean in this universe outside of having some special ability but like half the marvel heroes have special abilities.

I'm kinda curious how Sylvie became such a strong warrior. I find it odd that she was able to escape the TVA constantly when she was young and how did she gain her fighting abilities. Her backstory leaves a lot out in how she became who she is. I honestly would have thought Loki having been trained in asgard would have been the much more deadlier warrior.

I did enjoy the main bad guy and the way he acts does make sense but now we get to see what he originally acted like and I doubt he would be as goofy.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Now that the heroes(and baddies) aren't on being kept on rails anymore their choices and what can happen with them can start going wild.

Wonder what other powers in the universe were taking advantage of the situation and want it back. Or those that were aware and now freed.

Chaplain

Brilliant analysis of the last episode of Loki:

The last episode of Marvel’s Loki series took a surprisingly thoughtful look at the problem of opposites. The entire series was about the challenges and opportunities of two extremes, unlimited variability on one side and absolute control and linearity on the other. This whole problem culminates into the last episode, which was brought into an almost theological realm as the entire climax of the series became a play on Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden facing the puzzle of the serpent. In this video I explore the final episode and the general tendency in both the MCU and DC to move towards the trope of the multiverse in their storytelling. Just a fair warning: spoilers are definitely ahead.

Last edited:

Amiga

Brilliant analysis of the last episode of Loki:

thinking to deeply. the show was just a cool way to interduce the multiverse concept. and through that interduce X-Men/FF.

the multiverse is a reoccurring theme in Marvel/DC because multiple big event stories that effect the world contradict with each other. instead of doing a better editing job they just let the writers do whatever and reset things back to the familiar "normal".

there was a time when Joe Quesada tried to keep the story together at Marvel but even he lost control of the plot.

thinking to deeply. the show was just a cool way to interduce the multiverse concept. and through that interduce X-Men/FF.

the multiverse is a reoccurring theme in Marvel/DC because multiple big event stories that effect the world contradict with each other. instead of doing a better editing job they just let the writers do whatever and reset things back to the familiar "normal".

there was a time when Joe Quesada tried to keep the story together at Marvel but even he lost control of the plot.
I too saw the theme of the garden of Eden. They are given the choice
to become gods, but unlike in Eden where the woman accepts the temptation in this case she refuses the offer, and this is what turns everything into chaos. Although it could be mere coincidence that it does this subtle play on an old classic.
. I'm very interested to see how they solve the issue without it coming full circle into the same scenario.

Last edited:
Just watched episode 1, really good. Can't believe it was the same writer as Strange 2. Much snappier and clevererer dialogue. Couple questions though:

1. Loki teleporting - does he have any control over it, or does it occur randomly? If it's purely random, it seems to occur at some convenient moments
2. If the TVA has all the Infinity Stones, how do the rest of everyone else get hold of them?
3. Pruning/Reseting? Does that refer to individual characters or is the whole timeline nuked out of orbit?

Also, it annoyed me that Loki just left the Teseract lying on the sand at the start and didn't pick it up straight away. I mean, it is kind of important

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
2. If the TVA has all the Infinity Stones, how do the rest of everyone else get hold of them?

The TVA exists outside the MCU universe, so infinity stones are useless paper weights there.

3. Pruning/Reseting? Does that refer to individual characters or is the whole timeline nuked out of orbit?

The whole timeline is nuked.

Also, it annoyed me that Loki just left the Teseract lying on the sand at the start and didn't pick it up straight away. I mean, it is kind of important

Doesn't matter since that timeline was nuked and he never stole it in the first place.

Last edited:

sol_bad

What's the explanation behind that

Edit: I was more getting at why he didn't use it to get away from the TVA when they confronted him

Infinity stones and powers don't work within the TVA. The TVA exists between actual realities like the 616 MCU and 838 realities etc.
No real reason is given as far as I remember, it's something you just have to accept. Just like they don't explain how magic works or how teleports work or why an infinity stone gave Wanda her powers.

*EDIT*
If you mean why didn't he escape straight away at the start of the season, he doesn't know who the TVA are and he thinks he is better than them.

Last edited:
Infinity stones and powers don't work within the TVA. The TVA exists between actual realities like the 616 MCU and 838 realities etc.
No real reason is given as far as I remember, it's something you just have to accept. Just like they don't explain how magic works or how teleports work or why an infinity stone gave Wanda her powers.

*EDIT*
If you mean why didn't he escape straight away at the start of the season, he doesn't know who the TVA are and he thinks he is better than them.

Yeah I realised it wouldn't work inside the TVA, but doesn't he teleport a few times in the building in episode 1?

I meant when they confronted him the very initial time, when he was too stupid to pick up the Tesseract off the sand and thusly got taken

Last edited:

sol_bad

Yeah I realised it wouldn't work inside the TVA, but doesn't he teleport a few times in the building in episode 1?

I meant when they confronted him the very initial time, when he was too stupid to pick up the Tesseract off the sand and thusly got taken

Check my edit post.
:)

Top Bottom