• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LoL MSI 2020 rumored to be cancelled

Ornlu

Banned
Looks like the previously announced cancellation of Rift Rivals, and the postponement of MSI has morphed into a full cancellation of MSI.

It's sad to see; my C9 team here in the NA region completely stomped all over the competition domestically. I was really looking forward to seeing how they would fare against good teams internationally. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen for a while. Hopefully they are still dominant whenever international competition resumes.

https://esportsinsider.com/2020/03/msi-delayed-rift-rivals-cancelled-coronavirus/ (initial delay)

Akuji

If they cancel MSI they could do something else as a replacement. Maybe they cancel msi because of ongoing contracts etc and do a online tournament with a different name.

Ornlu

Banned
If they cancel MSI they could do something else as a replacement. Maybe they cancel msi because of ongoing contracts etc and do a online tournament with a different name.

I agree that they should try something; however (I think) they would need to get all of the teams (coaches, players) into close proximity of each other to be able to lower and equalize the ping. So they would still have to find a way to get everyone all in one region of one country, and then rent separate dorms/homes for each team, then play online. Unfortunately, I don't think the company values MSI enough to do that. They might do that for Worlds, if the current worldwide hysteria is still as high as it is now.

Top Bottom