• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lonely Hearts Club GAF: Favorite Games with Social Link?

Sup nerds!

One of my favorite game design choices is when you as the player character can deepen relationships with teammates and get personalized spins based on your choices.

For example, my first experience with this was in Persona 4 The Golden, where you can choose to hang out with teammates and as you get closer you get all kinds of bonuses and content.

My current (hopeful) favorite is Baldurs Gate 3 currently in early access. The animations, voice acting, and 'teammate didnt like that' mechanics have me very excited.

The deepest I'd seen was a random japanese 3ds game a friend had where you had the choice between three girls and had just an insane amount of dialogue and options.

So please, gush about the games that let you pretend to actually talk to your waifus/husbandos!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yakuza: Like a Dragon has social links with your teammates, in which you get to drink with them to get to know them better. Kinda like Persona, but instead of highschoolers you have middle aged people with alcohol problems. Very comfy.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wouldn't say "the best" but I like how gift in Scarlet Nexus worked, It was fun seeing them actually use the gift you given them.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say "the best" but I like how gift in Scarlet Nexus worked, It was fun seeing them actually use the gift you given them.
Oh that sounds cool, and is recent!
I know you like to play 13 sentinels, I'm sure it doesnt have the social link aspect but its very pretty and I was wonderin how the writing is between characters?
Yakuza: Like a Dragon has social links with your teammates, in which you get to drink with them to get to know them better. Kinda like Persona, but instead of highschoolers you have middle aged people with alcohol problems. Very comfy.
Yes! Loved having an rpg with realistic adult teammates, need to go back and finish that! Got stuck after trying to level all the classes
Alpha Protocol.
Have heard the name before but didnt know it was made by obsidian! Defnitely going on the list, thanks!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Oh that sounds cool, and is recent!
I know you like to play 13 sentinels, I'm sure it doesnt have the social link aspect but its very pretty and I was wonderin how the writing is between characters?
13 Sentinels has one of my favourite stories in video games and that’s all I’m gonna say about it because this game is best experienced completely blind.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Cyberpunk 2077, the quite complex romancing there ends with a relationship scenario and it’s said that they’ve improved it further in the 1.5 patch.

13 Sentinels has one of my favourite stories in video games and that’s all I’m gonna say about it because this game is best experienced completely blind.
Okay 😉 on the list
Check out Fire emblem Awakening, and Fire Emblem: Fates. Metro exodus has a lot of scenes with your wife.
How could I forget about good ole fire emblem...and artyom is the only waifu
Cyberpunk 2077, the quite complex romancing there ends with a relationship scenario and it’s said that they’ve improved it further in the 1.5 patch.
Relationship scenario? I played about 20 hours and got like an option to smash, but is there more?

Fredrik

Relationship scenario? I played about 20 hours and got like an option to smash, but is there more?
Yeah no spoilers but it’s pretty much a whole story arc for the romancing of some side characters and you have some texting and all that throughout the game, it’s kinda quirky at times but it’s supposedly improved now with more couple scenarios, I haven’t reached that far after the patch though.

Top Bottom