• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord of the Rings: Tactics

http://psp.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1631

July 15, 2005

by: Ken Cauley

New RPG tactics game from EA using the Lord of the Rings license.
AMN today discovered at EA's annual press event in California of the new upcoming PSP title from EA.

The game, currently called Lord of the Rings: Tactics is said to be familiar to Square-Enix's highly popular Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA.

Lord of the Rings: Tactics is scheduled to release this holiday season for PSP. Stay tuned to Advanced Media Network for further information.

Sounds kind of cool.

this game is goign to be like scraping a cheese grater accross my balls. Twice.

I thought they were done with LotR. I played the RPG they put out. Meh.

jarrod

Banned
They already had a LOTR themed Fire Emblem clone on GBA. Seems natural for PSP to get it's own knock-off.

Pellham

Banned
sounds interesting. This is going to be the second western game where they tacted on "tactics" at the end to indicate that it's an SRPG. (the first was Fallout Tactics).

jarrod

Banned
Pellham said:
sounds interesting. This is going to be the second western game where they tacted on "tactics" at the end to indicate that it's an SRPG. (the first was Fallout Tactics).
You forgot Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics. :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
next game in production is LOTR: Minas Tirith, you control Pippin and you follow his journey from being an insignificant shitty hobbit to becoming king and pimp of the city the game will play like GTA.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
:lol

No disrespect to any LOTR fans here but I just have to laugh at this. EA is combining the most boring movie franchise in recent history (IMO) with the most boring sub-genre in all of gaming (again, IMO). Its as if EA was somehow able to read my mind and create the last game on Earth that I would ever consider playing.

Amir0x

Banned
JC10001 said:
:lol

No disrespect to any LOTR fans here but I just have to laugh at this. EA is combining the most boring movie franchise in recent history (IMO) with the most boring sub-genre in all of gaming (again, IMO). Its as if EA was somehow able to read my mind and create the last game on Earth that I would ever consider playing.

Why would this disrespect us? We're not the ones nailing signs upon our heads that says "I have shitty taste."

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Amir0x said:
Why would this disrespect us? We're not the ones nailing signs upon our heads that says "I have shitty taste."

You just had to be a smart ass and go there didn't you Amir0x? Why am I even surprised? Afterall, that is your modus operandi. You are constantly trying to start arguments with one person or another. As if my dislike for one particular series and genre of games is really enough to make that argument. Since when did you become the arbiter of good taste?

Lord of the Rings Tactics
Lord of the Rings Street
Lord of the Rings vs. Capcom
Lord of the Rings Side Story
Lord of the Rings: San Andreas
World of Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings Snap!
Lord of the Rings: Code Veronica
Lord of the Rings Extreme Legends
Lord of the Rings Empires
Lord of the Rings Special Edition
Lord of the Rings International Edition
Lord of the Rings MAX
Lord of the Rings MAX2
Lord of the Rings Extreme
Lord of the Rings//INFECTION
Lord of the Rings//QUARANTINE
Lord of the Rings//OUTBREAK
Lord of the Rings//MUTATION
Lord of the Rings Dash
Lord of the Rings Card Game
Lord of the Rings Deadly Alliance
Lord of the Rings Party
Lord of the Rings Kart Racing
Lord of the Rings Superstar Baseball
Lord of the Rings Strikers
Lord of the Rings Tennis
Lord of the Rings Golf
Lord of the Rings Covenant

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
sorryaboutdresden

Best username ever. :lol

On-topic (sorta): This is all well and good, but they need to buy the Lord of the Rings kart racing concept from EGM (or whoever that was) and actually make that.

Eric P

Lord of the Rings Street

i would buy this.

chav.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
JC10001 said:
You just had to be a smart ass and go there didn't you Amir0x? Why am I even surprised? Afterall, that is your modus operandi. You are constantly trying to start arguments with one person or another. As if my dislike for one particular series and genre of games is really enough to make that argument. Since when did you become the arbiter of good taste?

Well since this is apparently my modus operandi, I'm glad it seems to have worked! That's one more for the punch card, and a bonus of 20 dollars!

But no seriously, your dislike for LOTR (movies) automatically paints your taste as shitty! So quickly, tell me what other stuff you like so if we share any common interests I'll make sure to stop liking those things. Because they're tainted now, you see!

But I mean, come on, did you expect to make a comment like that and NOT have a LOTR fan say something?

"Lotr is the most boring movie franchise in recent history! (IMO)"
read: Also known as ridiculous hyperbole is my friend or I haven't seen many recent movies!

"...With the most boring sub-genre in history! (IMO)"
read: lolol

I've gotta defend the hive, you see.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
keeblerdrow said:
Lord of the Rings Tactics
Lord of the Rings Street
Lord of the Rings vs. Capcom
Lord of the Rings Side Story
Lord of the Rings: San Andreas
World of Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings Snap!
Lord of the Rings: Code Veronica
Lord of the Rings Extreme Legends
Lord of the Rings Empires
Lord of the Rings Special Edition
Lord of the Rings International Edition
Lord of the Rings MAX
Lord of the Rings MAX2
Lord of the Rings Extreme
Lord of the Rings//INFECTION
Lord of the Rings//QUARANTINE
Lord of the Rings//OUTBREAK
Lord of the Rings//MUTATION
Lord of the Rings Dash
Lord of the Rings Card Game
Lord of the Rings Deadly Alliance
Lord of the Rings Party
Lord of the Rings Kart Racing
Lord of the Rings Superstar Baseball
Lord of the Rings Strikers
Lord of the Rings Tennis
Lord of the Rings Golf
Lord of the Rings Covenant
Don't give them any ideas. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Here's hoping it turns out much better than the turd known as LotR The Third Age for the GBA. That was a pathetic attempt to clone Fire Emblem, just without any of the fun.

I'm actually enough of a LOTR nerd that I would accept this oversaturation with open arms. If all they're going to do is set out to rip off Final Fantasy Tactics, no thanks...their unabashed attempt to rip off Final Fantasy X wasn't exactly what I'd call a smashing success.

jarrod said:
SRPGs >>> RPGs

Hell yea on that, jarrod.

On topic, I hope this turns out good but I really doubt it will be. I'm not too big a fan of LOTR, but I think they could make interesting games if they had been given to the right people.

M3wThr33

Banned
Pellham said:
Because Ogre Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and the rest are all Western, too, right?

Gandalf is skiing
Gandalf is dancing
Gandalf is playing soccer
Gandalf is plubming
Gandalf is singing
Gandalf is cooking

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm reserving judgement till I see screens, but chances are it won't end well

Top Bottom