• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen 2 it’s being developed for next-gen consoles and PC

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tyminski also updated fans on the development process of Lords of the Fallen 2, revealing that it’s being developed for next-gen consoles and PC with a modernized vision. Having said that, CI Games is a small team after layoffs occurred in 2018, but they are recruiting new developers right now in order to speed up the pace of the game’s development.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The first game wasn't so great gameplay-wise, but I'm glad they've tried to give this IP another chance and potentially make everything better.

Last edited:

martino

giphy.gif

silentsod

Neo Member
The first game has perhaps the only camera system that has ever made me motion sick. Why they decided to have pronounced camera bob in a third person game I will never know.

The gameplay overall was meh, especially the boss fights; and the pacing was horrendously sluggish. There’s certainly a great deal of room for improvement.

Soodanim

Gold Member
The first game has perhaps the only camera system that has ever made me motion sick. Why they decided to have pronounced camera bob in a third person game I will never know.

The gameplay overall was meh, especially the boss fights; and the pacing was horrendously sluggish. There’s certainly a great deal of room for improvement.
The bar is so low for making a better game than Lords 1 that you don’t need to pick your feet up off the ground to clear it. I found it absolutely horrible to play, and I wish I played it before the refund period ended. Luckily I got it on deep deep sale and I’ve lost more change out of my pocket than what it cost.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I really liked the first one, I hope they will keep the concept of gaining the power of the boss's weapon depending how you defeated him, that was awesome.
The game was a bit too slow but it played generally good.
It was an easier Dark Souls that leaned more on the fantasy side... maybe less in the dark fantasy.
But yeah I'm hyped for a new opus...but maybe I liked the game more than I should since It was the first game I played on my new computer.

x@3f*oo_e!

IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo (OP) there's more info here :

• New logo
  • Developed by Hexworks
  • PS5, Xbox Series, PC
  • Bigger scope than original
  • Originally AA, now more ambitious
  • “a fully featured game that has a strong chance to not only make the franchise becoming more popular among Soulsborne / Souls-like communities and beyond, but establish it as a long-running franchise for CI alongside Sniper Ghost Warrior.”
Still couldn't stop themselfs namechecking Souls games ... would be good if they had more faith in their own product

That logo isn't 'inspired'.

In the original they had a thing where if you didn't have target lock on an enemy (what is this ? Ace Combat?) running attacks were impossible to connect and would automatically whiff past enemies.

So yeah making the game mechanistically sound would be a start.

John2290

Should have it out this year or they'll loose on on their knock off souls when no souls games are available, selling power. If they think they can put a game into development no and compete in three or four years, not happening.

Psos

Neo Member
Guys, don't trust CI games, it's complete trash right now, and they can't do any decent game right now.

Top Bottom