• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen launches October 13

Draugoth

Gold Member
Lords-of-the-Fallen-Date_05-17-23-1024x576.jpg

Action RPG Lords of the Fallen will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam on October 13, publisher CI Games and developer Hexworks announced.

Lords of the Fallen will be available in $69.99 standard and $79.99 Deluxe editions. The latter includes a copy of the game, the Dark Crusader starting class (Armor Set, Holy Light Explosives, Isaac’s Longsword, and Paladin’s Pendant), a digital art book, digital soundtrack, and 3D model viewer. Pre-order bonuses include exclusive bronze, silver, and gold armor tincts, five HP items, five MP items, and three XP items.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About
Lords of the Fallen introduces an all-new, epic RPG adventure in a vast, interconnected world more than five times larger than the original game.
After an age of the cruellest tyranny, the demon God, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… do not fall forever. Now, aeons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws nigh. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, journey through both the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast challenging combat, thrilling character encounters, and deep, immersive storytelling. Will your legend be one of light… or one of darkness?
Dare to Hope.
Highlights
  • Explore Vast, Interconnected Worlds – Journey across two expansive, parallel worlds in your epic quest to overthrow Adyr. While the living realm presents its own brutal challenges, untold terrors lurk in the nightmarish realm of the dead.
  • Define Your Own Legend – Fully customize your character’s appearance from a wide array of visual options, before selecting one of nine character classes. Whichever starting path you take, develop your character to your own playstyle by upgrading stats, weapons, armour and spells.
  • Master Fast, Challenging Fluid Tactical Combat – Only those that master the deep, tactical combat can hope to survive. Choose from 100s of uniquely brutal weapons, or forgo metal for magic with devastating attacks of the arcane.
  • Unite or Fight in Online MultiplayerExperience the expansive, single player campaign alone, or invite a second player to join your adventure in uninterrupted, online co-op. But be warned – Heroes from other realms can, and will invade.
  • Wield a Device of Ungodly Power – Your lantern possesses the ungodly power to cross between worlds. Use this dark art to reach forgotten places, unearth fabled treasures, and even manipulate the very soul of your foe.
  • Rise from Death – Fall in the world of the living, and rise again… in the world of the dead. You now have one final chance to return to your living state, as all manner of hellish creature descends upon you.
Key Features
  • Embark upon two vast, parallel world—that of the living… and the dead.
  • Master a fast, fluid and challenging combat system.
  • Wield devastating magic attacks and character buffs.
  • Invite a second player to join your campaign in uninterrupted, online multiplayer.
  • Encounter a wide array of characters, eager to offer a dubious hand…
  • Fully customize your own unique character.
  • Choose from nine starting character classes, including Knight, Rogue, and Fire Apprentice.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

GAMEPLAY REVEAL TRAILER​

Last edited:

Kurotri

I'm 100% in. But goddamn, it's getting super crowded. September has Starfield and Spiderman 2, Mortal Kombat 1, October has this and AC Mirage and for sure there's even more releasing around that timeframe like Alan Wake 2 and such. Insane.

zomboden

Banned
Looks really great here. But I'm skeptical because the first Lords of the Fallen game was kind of buttcheeks.

Another eurojank Dark Souls clone. How exciting. Wish they’d try doing their own thing.
I understand the skepticism but this is made by devs who also did The Surge 2 which was a really good and underrated sci-fi souls. I have high hopes that Deck13 will deliver with this one.

Actually nvm, it's being done by a new studio, HEXWORKS.

Last edited:

Salz01

Looks pretty good actually. Hope the performance delivers on console. Where is it confirmed it’s UE5?

Ansphn

So basically copy Dark souls, Bloodborne, and Elden Rings then combine that into 1 game? They need to be more original with their world.

Portugeezer

Looks promising.

Looks pretty good actually. Hope the performance delivers on console. Where is it confirmed it’s UE5?
Epic showed it during the unreal engine conference a few weeks ago.

Doesn't mean it's using all the features.

Last edited:

SnapShot

Looks great, I just hope the gameplay is actually deep and challenging, I got a bit spoiled by Elden Ring ngl

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Finally! Something decent or half-decent to play until ER DLC comes out next year (or end of this year, I don't expect it any earlier).

Wow they just opened in 2020. I have no clue about the quality of the game, but props to them for getting the game out quickly. We need more of that.
Yeah, that got me intrigued so I looked through linkedin a bit and apparently the devs are former Tequilla Works, Starbreeze and Ubisoft. We'll see how they manage once the game comes out this fall I guess lol.

Last edited:

Roberts

Completed the first one. It was an okay DS rip-off (probably the first game to do so) and the developers later upped their game with way more interesting The Surge games, but I think this one was done by other developers.

No one will ever touch FROM at their own game, let's just get that out of the way. Now, the first Lords was mediocre. However, I loved the Surge 1 & 2 and this is looking very good indeed, fingers crossed it delivers, 2023 has been a great year and there is still so much more ahead of us.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I always hear great things about Surge. What is it about those games that make them so well liked?

Topfuel

Hopefully we will see some more varied "lightside" inspired art designs, not only the dark devil/helldemon designs like in this trailer.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
IRON MAIDEN! Finally, someone uses a song worthy of being in a trailer instead of retreading the whole "haunting female vocals of an 80s/90s song you might have heard before".

Game looks good, but I'm definitely not holding my breath that it'll play well. We'll see if they learning from the first game's mistakes.

Better trailer as it has extended gameplay at the end:
Not much better, IMHO. They keep jumping to other cuts every time the player lands a hit or dodges. Same as in the rest of the trailer. Makes it really hard to get an idea of what combat is actually going to be like.

Aion002

I might buy it, but even though they quick jumped the gameplay sections, the jank was apparent. Anyway, the first one was trash, but I enjoyed.

Also, they're truly shameless, they are ripping off From Software style so much that is giving me second-hand embarrassment.

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

Last edited:
Top Bottom