• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost in Random - Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This summer, join Even and Dicey as they embark on an unforgettable journey to break the curse of Random.

Ruled by a wicked Queen, the kingdom of Random is divided into six shadowy realms where all life is dictated by a cursed black dice. In this gothic fairytale-inspired action adventure from the award-winning Swedish game studio Zoink, travel with Even, a penniless girl from One Town, as she attempts to rescue her sister, Odd, from the Queen’s evil decree.

With her companion Dicey, an ancient living dice, Even must learn to embrace the chaos of Random as she navigates dangerous battles, run-ins with *questionable* characters, and mysterious game arenas that shift with every dice throw.

Love the visual style the game have

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It kind gives same vibe as “Nightmare before Christmas” in its stop motion style animation. I also really like that type of style.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to Lost in Random, a dark and twisted fairytale where anything can happen with the roll of a dice. Together, with your companion Dicey, you’ll battle fearsome opponents as you travel through the six shadowy realms of Random on a mission to save your sister from an evil Queen. Collect coins on your journey and trade them for powerful cards. Then, roll Dicey to freeze time in deadly dice combat and play your cards to unleash formidable attacks, abilities, combos, and more. You’ll also meet unpredictable residents and take on courageous quests as you travel deeper into the heart of Random.

In this thrilling action adventure game from studio Zoink!, you’ll adapt or perish as you battle inside giant board game arenas that change with every dice throw. Join fearless Even and her companion Dicey as they learn to play the odds and dive into a dark wonderland where only the brave survive.

Venom Snake

Gold Member
Okay, this is interesting. Burton-esque visual style has always appealed to me, but most of all i like the outline of the story. Moody and gloomy, reminds me a bit of old fairy tales i read as a kid.

Definitely interested. (y) (y)

TwiztidElf

I'm a fair way in. Just left the "two" town and progressed in to "three" town.
Visual/Art style is excellent.
Character design, voice acting and script are all amazing.
Enjoying it a lot, but the combat is starting to get a bit repetitive. I hope the card variety will start to mix things up a bit more.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Lost in Random reviewed on PlayStation 5 by Gabriel Moss. Narration by Mark Medina. Also available on Xbox, PC, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

This sprawling action adventure has way more meat on its bones than you may first expect if you're only looking for a quick dive into a Tim Burton-esque wonderland. Lost in Random is loaded with tons of side quests, interesting lore, and a decent semi-real-time, semi-turn-based combat system that ends up getting bogged down by dumb enemy AI. Beyond that, the five worlds that follow the relatively drab intro section each offer their own unique quirks, struggles, and characters that won't be forgotten any time soon.

anthony2690

Banned
I am interested in this game, but I'm currently playing tales of arise, and then I'll be on lost judgment when I beat arise, I don't have the time to fit it in :(

Top Bottom