• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of Final Fantasy VII Remake Content Planned Beyond 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
d6eyk2neti8a1.jpg

source
Yoshinori Kitase, a director and producer for the Final Fantasy series since VI, confirmed more Final Fantasy VII Remake content will appear in 2023. People can also expect a lot of development for the compilation of FFVII. For 2023, Kitase’s key word is “VII,” and he added that this will be his keyword for several years to come. [Thanks, Famitsu!]

Though the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII was in 2022, Kitase still plans on celebrating it with seven different promotions and events. So far, we have seen three of the seven promotions. The first one was a Twitter campaign, and the second one was for Cloud’s birthday. The third one was for the release of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion. For the last one, you could get a Buster Sword body pillow.

More information on the remaining four will appear in the future. Kitase did not state a timeframe for them. It is not on the official Square Enix webpage for the seven campaigns either.

In addition, Kitase plans on releasing more information on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth next year. Unless something changes in the development, the game should come out at the end of 2023.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will appear on the PS5 in Winter 2023. This is the second part of the Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy. As well, more information on the remaining Final Fantasy VII promotional campaigns will appear next year.

Hugare

They are gonna milk this cow until its dry

I'm definitely gonna play Part 2, but I'm way more hyped for XVI

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah, the purists got their plain numbered VII and it sold gangbusters, so I'd say just let them experiment in a world that's wide and familiar to them. The Remake Trilogy is their bread and butter, so far that's everything I hoped.

Power Pro

All this milking, and yet they still can't actually just recreate the story of Final Fantasy VII. I like FF7 Remake, but at the same time, it's still kind of a bummer that we're not actually a high quality retelling of the original game's story. I'm so blurry on the later parts of the original game's story, and I can't bring myself to get through it all again because of how it's aged every time I try.

They constantly want to sell us media on expanding the original game's story, but I honestly can't remember the later parts of the game anymore, so it's hard to understand.

begotten

Are they going to do a Yuffie style DLC for Vincent in Part 2 since they were both optional party members in the original?

SkylineRKR

FFVII Remake is dead to me. They ruined every major plot point of the first act of the game, there's no way this can be salvaged

FFVII R is its own thing. I wonder how it will pan out, and I expect the worst. But if it was true to the original, I would know exactly how. I don't know now, it seems they literally broke free of the original plot by slashing the whispers.

Outlier

FFVII R is its own thing. I wonder how it will pan out, and I expect the worst. But if it was true to the original, I would know exactly how. I don't know now, it seems they literally broke free of the original plot by slashing the whispers.
It seems that some still haven't realized what FF7R is suppose to be. The subtitle literally hints at the plot of the game. It was perfectly named to both get people to think it's a tradition remake, while actually meaning what the story is about.

Relax people. The original still exists and hasn't changed lol.

FFVII Remake is dead to me. They ruined every major plot point of the first act of the game, there's no way this can be salvaged
yeah all the major plot points of the first 3 hours of the game :messenger_unamused:

the remake ends when they leave midgar. that's like the tutorial of the original.

if they don't let us visit kalm, chocobo farm, junon, costa del sol, golden saucer etc then i'm not interested. i'm playing the original for the first time and i hope we get to see all those places but it doesn't seem like that's the way they are going with the game.

anthony2690

Banned

I was super interested in this, as it looks like a more faithful remake to FF7 with some nice looking combat, but then I realised it was a mobile game 😞🤷‍♂️

Lethal01

FF7 Remake is one of my top 5 games of all time, square's greatest achievement and part 2 and 3 are the games I have the most confidence in loving right now.

I thank god that square is milking this, Pizza needs to get made somehow.

Lethal01

if they don't let us visit kalm, chocobo farm, junon, costa del sol, golden saucer etc then i'm not interested. i'm playing the original for the first time and i hope we get to see all those places but it doesn't seem like that's the way they are going with the game.

Literally everything they have said points to the exact opposite of this being true.
What would make you think that they would be removing locations?

I want FFVII chatacters in a Dead or Alive (with the return of the VF cast), in KOF as a team, movies in 4k, and more games!, like a new version of the PSX original.

Chukhopops

Well they’re not going to fool the people looking for an actual remake a second time, that’s for sure. That trick only works once…

No matter what you think, Ff7 R will leave us all like this

The Shepard

I was super interested in this, as it looks like a more faithful remake to FF7 with some nice looking combat, but then I realised it was a mobile game 😞🤷‍♂️

That will be on consoles after it's all out on mobile, same thing with the remasters which got announced recently.

EDMIX

That will be on consoles after it's all out on mobile, same thing with the remasters which got announced recently.

They'll have the original in HD (the steam one) that was ported over.
FFVII remake Part 1,2 and 3
FFVII Ever Crisis
FFVII Crisis Core remake
FFVII Dirge of Cerberus remake.

annnnnnnnnnnd still fucking complain.

Its just like the people that kept crying over FFXV and then they put out that Chibi Mobile title and it got ported to Switch, PS4 etc and those same folks didn't even buy it. People will find anything to bitch, cry, moan over what have you even if all the options was given to them.

Don't any of you find it odd that Octopath or Bravely Default or World Of Final Fantasy etc is not out here fucking doing circles around FF titles in sales? So I don't really buy this idea that the older style is really, really that much in demand.

So those crying over how FFVII remake is, bet you all the money in the world that Ever Crisis port doesn't even come close to FFVII Remakes sales. I don't see that those that prefer that are the majority even remotely.

Lethal01 Lethal01 Agreed. If it takes 3 parts, then so be it. It was a huge game on PS1 and translating that in to 3D as we know it today doesn't sound like an easy feat. I'd rather have it with great quality, still coming out to play and them taking their time per parts, then some rushed experience.

Folks can also wait for some huge collection with all 3 games mind you (likely 5 as I'm sure Crisis Core and Ever Crisis would get packed in). Steel case, collectors edition....2026 day 1 lol

Last edited:
Goddamn. They said the same thing about Final Fantasy XV, then they squeezed that lemon until abruptly and completely stopping development. What’s different this time around?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
FF VII remake was bad but INTERMISSION was good.

FF VII extended universe stuff that doesn't include Cloud or Sephiroth is 100% more interesting.

Playing Crisis Core and while it's all good that Sephiroth and Zack are homies... Everything else is whacky or too silly.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII R
Unreal Engine 5
Lunite and Numen

LETS GOOOOOOOOO

mortal

Gold Member
A Realm Reborn is nearly a decade old?

Holy shit, time flys...

Also getting both FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth in one year would be wild. I'm expecting FFVII Rebirth to slip into 2024 tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dis

Rush2112

Banned
Never played the original FFVII. Finished the remake last night. The ending made zero sense to me and i dont even care to know what happened. im just glad its over but not wasting time chasing this nonsensical story. I wasted enough time playing FFXIII saga not gonna repeat the same mistake twice. Fuck cloud and fuck sephiroth and fuck whoever wrote that ending.

Never played the original FFVII. Finished the remake last night. The ending made zero sense to me and i dont even care to know what happened. im just glad its over but not wasting time chasing this nonsensical story. I wasted enough time playing FFXIII saga not gonna repeat the same mistake twice. Fuck cloud and fuck sephiroth and fuck whoever wrote that ending.

Square didn't know WTF they were going to do about the rest of the story... hence the nonsensical ending. Hopefully they have made up their mind.

Boneless

I dont blame you. To be clear, the original is very different. FFVII is my favorite game of all time. The remake was enjoyable, but its clear that they raped the story.

Knightime_X

There is part 2 and part 3 of the game so far.

Square wants to milk this game so badly.
No.
FF7 is goddamn HUGE.
People keep forgetting that ff7 was at least a 50 hour game and all you did was run around in pictures.
PICTURES!
The world map was tiny.

To make the game in full 3d will expand upon this massively.
By the time all parts are out, ff7r is going to be like 300+ gigs

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No.
FF7 is goddamn HUGE.
People keep forgetting that ff7 was at least a 50 hour game and all you did was run around in pictures.
PICTURES!
The world map was tiny.

To make the game in full 3d will expand upon this massively.
By the time all parts are out, ff7r is going to be like 300+ gigs
But… they already confirmed that it’s going to be 3 parts.

Top Bottom