• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Rats off to this gem!

SCB3

So with the release of its sequel this week I decided that I should actually check out original game that I've heard many good things about, playing the PS5 version. so some initial thoughts on each chapter so far

• Chapter 1 - Can I turn the language to French at this point, I can speak it after all! Impressive looking so far, great atmosphere, poor fucking Dog though!
  • Chapter 2 - Combat and Crafting? Wasn't expecting that at all,
  • Chapter 3 - Finally RATS! This is a stand out, the tech here is really impressive, but don't erm look at them in Photo mode, I like where the gameplay loop is going here
  • Chapter 4 - Predictably gaining new allies every chapter then, thats fine but kinda not what I was lead to believe
  • Chapter 5 - Darth Revan enters the chat I guess
  • Chapter 6 - Protect Melia at all costs, this and the next chapter are so good, the puzzles are good but not in your face or obtuse as fuck (yea thanks Scorn)
  • Chapter 7- the Graphics really are outstanding in most places, don't look too hard at some textures, but overall I'm liking this more than I thought, I am wondering where this and the sequel are going as well

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just finished it this week. Loved the game. It maybe overstayed its welcome by like 2 hours, so not a big deal. Some of the mid portion though when it all starts coming together is really great stuff. Didn't have any idea it would be that good.

On chapter 1 of part 2 now.

Nankatsu

Didn't even knew I had this on plus. I'll check it out once I have the chance. Busy finishing Forbidden West first.

SCB3

The more I play the more I want this team to make a new Thief, they'd be very suited to it I feel

I was not impressed. I mean, from the very first gameplay video, I knew they were going for Last Of Us style, cinematic-focused gameplay, but my god, did they go off the deep end with the number of cutscenes and the "walk slowly while having a conversation with another character" sections. And the the stealth gameplay was some of the most simplistic I've ever played. I'm glad I got in on PS+, because I would have been disappointed if I had bought it.

SCB3

The University Chapter is easily the best part so far, like I said earlier, getting this team to do a new Thief would be incredible, using the Rats as a weapon now is a great feeling

SCB3

And roll credits

I must say the final 3rd really lets it down a bit, the game is asking you to juggle about 3-4 things at once in some sections which is a bit much for the last boss imo

Still I enjoyed it, a solid 6 or 7/10 it didn't outstay its welcome and definitely worth a weekend playthrough (its over in less than 10 hours), on to the new one soon I think, but first I do have a little trip to a small town in the Hills of Silent 2

RCU005

I loved it. When si played it I didn’t even heard of it. I went in completely blind and enjoyed it from start to finish.

trikster40

Ha, great minds think alike. Finally played it this week as well, wish I had known about the safe synchronization. I played through it on ps4 first so the ps5 trophies would autopop. Was still an amazing looking game. Just finished chapter 3 of Requiem, some definite gameplay improvements so far.

And roll credits

I must say the final 3rd really lets it down a bit, the game is asking you to juggle about 3-4 things at once in some sections which is a bit much for the last boss imo

Still I enjoyed it, a solid 6 or 7/10 it didn't outstay its welcome and definitely worth a weekend playthrough (its over in less than 10 hours), on to the new one soon I think, but first I do have a little trip to a small town in the Hills of Silent 2

Haha that last boss was as bad as the last boss in doom eternal. Just spamming ads (rats) everywhere and if you're a bit colourblind, one shotted back to the start.

Top Bottom