• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Alien Isolation : MotherVR

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So, I know I am really late to this one, however after the acquirement of the Oculus Quest 2, I really grew accustomed to VR gaming. Before I had Index and simply just that you have to have room setup for that, meant that I rarely used it.

Anyway, I wanted to try Alien Isolation VR, but it was unplayable for a long time on Windows 11. One day I was fucking around my work and basically got message very close what was the error while launching VR mod. So I dig around and figured that the Steam version is installed in folder which has spaces and simply moving it, to a different folder without spaces, fix the issue.

So I went on playing, firstly i was blown away how good it works, it could be repackaged and sold as VR title, it's far better done than for example official Fallout 4/Skyrim VR. So I was like I am going to play it for a bit to relive some memories and....12 hours later I finished it in 2 "sittings". It's incredible, scary and second best VR game after HL: Alyx. Well, third if we count MS Flight Sim, but that's not much a "game", that's my favorite VR experience.

If you are easily scared, like me, brace yourself for some true horror. Especially in vents. 10/10 easily.

Brb installing VR mod to RE7/8.

Had no idea there was an Alien Isolation VR mod, I really need to look into VR mods to games I already have :messenger_smirking: If it plays like a Skyrim/Fallout VR (To be fair Skyrim VR is decent for me, but not even VR can save Fallout 4 from being a bangers game) then it should be decent, does it use motion controls or just a regular controller?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Had no idea there was an Alien Isolation VR mod, I really need to look into VR mods to games I already have :messenger_smirking: If it plays like a Skyrim/Fallout VR (To be fair Skyrim VR is decent for me, but not even VR can save Fallout 4 from being a bangers game) then it should be decent, does it use motion controls or just a regular controller?
Here: Nibre/MotherVR: This Mod brings current generation VR support to the game Alien: Isolation (github.com)

F4 is decent with mods, the Vanilla is shit. basically when Quest 2 takes into account my height (you know when you set up the guard), I can't walk through doors. It's bullshit. So I had to install some recommended mods and it's playable, but certainly takes far more horsepower than you would expect. It's just not as enjoyable to play as you would expect.

Top Bottom