• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Arcane, that League of Legends Series

I know almost nothing about League of Legends.

I did buy Ruined King: A League of Legends Story on GOG a few months ago because I thought it looked good and I like the artist. I just finished episode 2.

The animation is nothing short of excellent and the acting is very good and it's nice to hear the Iranian woman from the Expanse. Seems like she's in everything nowadays but she's a good actress and a very nice person as I once complemented her on Twitter and she thanked me.

Of course, it has your typical "girls get shit done" as you would expect from any movie or show in the 2020s. So in that regards it makes me cringe but I guess I'm a certified incel. I'm sure it's marked down somewhere on my medical history.
That being said I'm going to continue to watch.

Last edited:
If there ever is a Warhammer 40,000 series, I think the same kind of style of animation and artwork would be perfect.

Yes, it would have to be a lot darker but this works very good and since a live-action Warhammer 40,000 show would be out of the roof in terms of budget, this would work just as good.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

I watched the first two as I heard it was excellent. Not for me but I guess anime fans really like it.

Last edited:

Fbh

I don't care about LOL and still think this is easily the best videogame adaptation so far....by a lot

Enjoyable story and characters, great art style and top tier animation. I was already of the idea that animation is the best way to adapt most games and this only reinforced it. You'd have to spend 10x the money to make something like this look remotely good in live action.

About the only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary melancholic pop music scene in every episode

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
If there ever is a Warhammer 40,000 series, I think the same kind of style of animation and artwork would be perfect.

Yes, it would have to be a lot darker but this works very good and since a live-action Warhammer 40,000 show would be out of the roof in terms of budget, this would work just as good.
They keep talking about an Eisenhorn series. That would be a good fit.

Yeah, it was great. Not much more to say honestly. I knew nothing about LoL I watched it purely because of word of mouth. If you think this is just for anime fans or video game fans - don't. I'd put it in the same genre as any Pixar or Dreamworks production, if you fit that audience (it's much more violent/"mature" themed though).

Top Bottom