• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 (PS5 Digital Edition) via PS Store

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
c80pgq3hee331.jpg

The Cyberpunk hate lasted for a second and still sold millions, the game isn't going to be in anyone's top 10 games of all time lists, it's a decent game that was taken advantage of by reviewers over a game just needing a patch.

I don't think I had any other experience quite like Cyberpunk, Johnny Silverhand (Keanu Reeves who offers plenty of thrill acting) (They take a piece of a dead guy (Silverhand) and insert his memories, ego etc. into your chip in this it feels like the game is accomplishing one of Elon Musk's projects.

The visuals in Cyberpunk 2077 are straight next gen level (I played it on PS5), imagine what this game would look like in 4K, abandoning last gen.

Cyberpunk2077_Lucky_number_13_RGB-en_1605854311407.jpg

The story is about being introduced to characters, understanding their missions and ultimately completing GTA style missions.

cyberpunk-2077-nudity-social.png

The first thing you will see is the character creation screen.

cyberpunk_2077_c_2020_by_cd_projekt_red_01_12_2020_15_25_32.jpg

Like other games you need to upgrade your components, equipment doing so will reward you with health upgrades, and I really give the developers credit in allowing you to upgrade things like Nervous system, your frontal cortex it really feels like an Elon Musk AI police state that said if you take the character creation away, the upgrades and add a more passionate story you'd have a much better game.

The game's major storyline is about stealing a rare piece of technology (relic chip of immortality) from a big company (Arasaka Corporation.) you're defending the chip through 3 acts from rival gangs, surviving interrogations and helping out characters like Panam and the Voodoo Boys. It's an amazing story that has 5 endings. Never since Final Fantasy 7 Remake as a plot been more clear yet confusing.

new-map-feature-image.jpg

Look at this Cyberpunk 2077 map. Discovering quests around your apartment keeps you involved. I give them credit on the open world, cyber AI atmosphere and at the time of 2020 everything was political.

Untitled.png

Very controversial review scores.

Cyberpunk has quality gunplay you'd see in a Bioshock or earlier Rainbow Six, a great color palette, good lit open world that gives the game an identity. It's a powerhouse of a game that can be played linear which some people do as open world's can be overwhelming. I give the game a much higher score than what shit posting review trolls did above. The game is ahead of it's time and will be put in the top 20 games of all time conversations.

MaKTaiL

Cyberpunk has quality gunplay you'd see in a Bioshock or earlier Rainbow Six, a great color palette, good lit open world that gives the game an identity. It's a powerhouse of a game that can be played linear which some people do as open world's can be overwhelming. I give the game a much higher score than what shit posting review trolls did above. The game is ahead of it's time and will be put in the top 20 games of all time conversations.
chelsea peretti ew GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Cyberpunk has quality gunplay you'd see in a Bioshock or earlier Rainbow Six, a great color palette, good lit open world that gives the game an identity. It's a powerhouse of a game that can be played linear which some people do as open world's can be overwhelming.

In what universe Bioshock has a quality gunplay? It literally one of the worst things about that game (other than dumbing down immersive sim elements to appeal to console users).

Cyberpunk 2077 is dope, my second favourite Cyberpunk universe in the last year after The Ascent.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I think its a great game, sure it has issues but god damn is it immersive when things are working. They should have given it another year in development, I think chasing the money is what fucked this game. I fully expect it to be a classic once they iron out all the problems

killatopak

Gold Member
I enjoyed my time with it but it’s definitely not the case for everyone.

For example, I played the entire game relatively bug free. Only some cases for the LoD being wonky at most.

My sister played it on the same platform and encountered a multitude of bugs and glitches.

It’s definitely a polarizing experience.

Exentryk

It's a fantastic game! I played it on pc at 4k with ray tracing, and the atmosphere in the city is great! I still sometimes start up the game just to drive around the city and soak in Night City.

Flabagast

It's a magnificent game, I bet it will be very long before we get anything remotely as visually & artistically striking.

kyliethicc

This is the issue with the game's criticism, people making up shit by posting someone else's content. Clearly, this is a screenshot of very early period, cyberpunk has a Metascore of 57 on ps4 and is reviewed by 38 critics as of now. Bandwagoning at its finest.

(Nobody tell him this was a joke, simply reposted for laughs, and the picture was something I made back in December.)

thatJohann

I enjoyed it and finished it last year back when it came out. I played it on PS5 back then. Last week I tried replaying it and couldn’t get back into it.

EDMIX

?? The game on PC is average. The game on console is as Digital Foundry put it a very different game from PC and it is bad and deserves that score. Aside from that, the game problems goes beyond performance.

Agreed. The biggest issue I have is that this entire game is basically built on a series of lies of what the team is trying to paint the game to be only to back pedal

There's nothing "ahead of its time" inside of this game even remotely. It's why the people desperately trying to still hype this game up keep trying to argue things that have no real unit of measurement because they can't quantify any real actual quality with the game they will simply tell you stuff like "charm" or "love" or "soul" or some other immeasurable crap lol

For someone to tell me this game is ahead of its time then using this strange logic we might as well argue Far Cry 6 should be game of the year if not game of the decade because not only is this game able to achieve many of the damn things that cyberpunk failed to do you have a game in which you could drive a boat a plane a car and all these other elements that clearly do not exist in cyberpunk and none of us are sitting here fucking telling people that far cry 6 is the greatest game of all time and ahead of its time are anything odd like that.

I cannot even say this game is "average" I would argue watch dogs is average, this game by default will always be below average unless they actually correct all of those issues in regards to the design in lack of common sense features.

We are talking about a game that literally lacks a real credible artificial intelligence to the point of Grand Theft Auto 3 from 2001 having more advanced intelligence...

So I don't know how a game could be ahead of its time If something in the past is able to beat it in multiple immersive features like the cops being able to fucking drive cars or working train stations like in Red Dead, GTA, Watchdogs etc

Foh.

Look at this Cyberpunk 2077 map. Discovering quests aroun-

Look at this map....
The-Loop.jpg

Look at this map...
vb3u1m4mg3t51.png

Look at this map...
map_435.jpg

Look at this map....
preview.jpg

I don't see anything even remotely ahead of its time here, this game isn't average, its BELOW, I couldn't even fucking tell someone to play this before any of the 3 Watchdog titles where the AI is better, the features are better and the game is fucking COMPLETE and not sold on a series of lies, yet I'd NEVER tell someone that Watchdogs is "ahead of its time" it was a solid title, but average, this game lacks so many fucking features, we'd have to even debate calling this shit average at this point let alone "ahead of its time"

You folks can't even tell us any major element of this game that has never been done before or that it even does better, without basically making Watchdogs 3 sound like the greatest game of all time in comparison.

Even just ignoring the bugs, glitches, performance issues etc, the game simply lacks too many common sense features found in titles as far back as 20 plus years to really be arguing some shit like "ahead of its time".

Showing a map and leaving it to this vague shit of making it sound like so much quality shit is happening is just as wrong as me showing a bunch of Far Cry or Watchdogs maps and making it sound like THAT means quality, we can show a map of Watchdogs 4 before it comes out and I'm sure 90% of us will be able to tell that a lot of those markers will just be filler stuff here and there. Be like "go to place and pick up car to buy" lol "go to place and shoot person" is basically the meat of CP2077, I'm sorry man but I couldn't just tell you that any of the above games are ssooooooo ahead of their time and leave those maps to make that argument without going into actual context of WHAT YOU DO in those markers. Its like you want people to think its more then what it really is.

Last edited:

RavageX

Played on PS4 Pro and PC, haven't run into major bugs. The game is honestly average at best. Graphics aren't everything, and just look ok to me. Vehicles handle and move poorly(bikes especially). Most of the missions are not anything special, the character wanting to be the best in Night City is about as generic as you can get. Story in general has weird pacing. If you told me the people behind Witcher did this I'd call you a liar.

The game is average in every way as far as current gen goes. Maybe if it were in VR it would be something more.

EDMIX

Played on PS4 Pro and PC, haven't run into major bugs. The game is honestly average at best. Graphics aren't everything, and just look ok to me. Vehicles handle and move poorly(bikes especially). Most of the missions are not anything special, the character wanting to be the best in Night City is about as generic as you can get. Story in general has weird pacing. If you told me the people behind Witcher did this I'd call you a liar.

The game is average in every way as far as current gen goes. Maybe if it were in VR it would be something more.

Sir, I'd be shocked if someone told me Ubisoft made this game. As if they forgot how to make trains, forgot how to make cops drive cars, forgot how to make AI etc

The story is just horrible, like you can see just how much adding in Reeves altered the game, as if they were rushing to force it in. I kid you not, there is a mission in the game where you just go in a building and talk to someone and when you leave its like "MISSON COMPLETEZ" lol

EDMIX

I’m still looking forward to playing this when it is done.

"if" it gets done.....

I don't even know how we will measure "done" with this "game" based on its ...."issues"

..."..."

lol

Look forward to going to a bunch of places to kill, getting guns, leveling up body part stuff to do more killing. If they just made this some borderlands clone thing, i think many would understand as I feel its the closest thing that makes sense in this game. The AI is so bad, even shooting (imho one of its strong points) becomes boring very fast as the enemy is just too dumb, even on the hardest difficulty (as I thought for sure that was the issue) and it was simply.....bad AI. They won't hunt for you, they'll just stay in the same spots and you basically need to hunt for them to have any fun, you never feel you are in any real danger.

If you look forward to anything in the game, look forward to that. I can't say any other element is that great. You will get guns, you will kill a lot, you will level up to kill more. Basically like a worse GV version of Borderlands.

Justin9mm

The only think that has sold me on CP2077 is the idea of the lore, if I can even say that!?

Everything else about the game is definitely below average. They've gone backwards since The Witcher 3.

The next gen version would have to move mountains in a lot of aspects to sell the idea of this game again. I personally think the next gen version won't live up to people's expectations and there is no coming back from the failure of this game.

They still need to work on it anyway because they owe that to the people that bought it but I think they know it's time to move on and learn from their mistakes.

Is this the biggest failure in gaming in recent times?

EDMIX

The only think that has sold me on CP2077 is the idea of the lore, if I can even say that!?

Everything else about the game is definitely below average. They've gone backwards since The Witcher 3.

The next gen version would have to move mountains in a lot of aspects to sell the idea of this game again. I personally think the next gen version won't live up to people's expectations and there is no coming back from the failure of this game.

They still need to work on it anyway because they owe that to the people that bought it but I think they know it's time to move on and learn from their mistakes.

Is this the biggest failure in gaming in recent times?

I think so. We've seen some crazy flops in terms of design, quality etc, but never on the scale of something like this. This thing has fans outraged, lawsuits, the publisher issuing fake apologies with this "more time" yet they are the ones that kept fucking bashing publishers about "greed" only to be out here asking people to pay today, for maybe, if you are lucky...a game tomorrow, or in this situation, several years after launch. The fact that a next gen update isn't even coming this year and we are looking for something complete (what ever that might even be at this point) next year or beyond proves they were fucking lying about this whole day 1 patch shit. I don't think I've ever see any major AAA game have returns in the MILLIONS.

This isn't simply a few updates, this isn't a few fixes, this is literally STILL working on the actual game after the fact. I don't see this as "post launch" updates, I see this as basically still working on the fucking game while asking for money. Its a early access game at this point.

They went from leaving the greed to others, to can you give us more time to finish the game you paid for in 2020... Now I've never given this publisher much slack, in fact I was the one that kept calling them out on such odd behavior that I felt was massively hypocritical, I felt something was weird on how non-transparent they were about the game, but I also felt that maybe it was because of how people reacted to the Witcher 3 downgrade and at the least...I respected that they are still a team making a game and had it pre-ordered years ago and kept that pre-order with the belief that I expected a full complete game with actual functional fucking features, I might have hated some bugs or some filler quest etc, but I never expected this level of shit from this team. What ever little respect I had for this team, was gone by the time I was done with CP2077.

The seem to pander to this stupid ass fake bullshit of "we leave greed to others" or "here is FREE dlc" aka the rest of the fucking game we can included post launch to make it look like we are giving you extra as we continue to work on a game you paid for that you expect to be full day 1. It seems like they kept on this pandering anytime anything happened, be like "we don't do crunch", its like they kept trying to look like saints and kept milking that shit, but I felt that something was just off about this. Like....if they really care, why did they lie about Witcher 3's downgrade only to admit this when the game was already out in people's hands? It told me that this publisher can and will lie to move units and maybe they might do that in the future.

I made that known many times, yet it seems many kept trying to make it seem like it was just some one off situation. Its clear now that this publisher needs a massive fucking overhaul in their management and PR. I don't fault the developmetn team, I fault the publisher for forcing a team of 500 to do the work of a team of 1000 plus.

Last edited:
Enjoyed my pro playthrough, I'll play it again gladly if they ever release a proper ps5 version.
How I put up with playing 55 hours on PS4 Pro with the countless amount of blue screen crashes, mission glitches and bugs is beyond me.

The game was fun but I don't see myself ever going back to it even on a decent PC.

S0ULZB0URNE

c80pgq3hee331.jpg

The Cyberpunk hate lasted for a second and still sold millions, the game isn't going to be in anyone's top 10 games of all time lists, it's a decent game that was taken advantage of by reviewers over a game just needing a patch.

I don't think I had any other experience quite like Cyberpunk, Johnny Silverhand (Keanu Reeves who offers plenty of thrill acting) (They take a piece of a dead guy (Silverhand) and insert his memories, ego etc. into your chip in this it feels like the game is accomplishing one of Elon Musk's projects.

The visuals in Cyberpunk 2077 are straight next gen level (I played it on PS5), imagine what this game would look like in 4K, abandoning last gen.

Cyberpunk2077_Lucky_number_13_RGB-en_1605854311407.jpg

The story is about being introduced to characters, understanding their missions and ultimately completing GTA style missions.

cyberpunk-2077-nudity-social.png

The first thing you will see is the character creation screen.

cyberpunk_2077_c_2020_by_cd_projekt_red_01_12_2020_15_25_32.jpg

Like other games you need to upgrade your components, equipment doing so will reward you with health upgrades, and I really give the developers credit in allowing you to upgrade things like Nervous system, your frontal cortex it really feels like an Elon Musk AI police state that said if you take the character creation away, the upgrades and add a more passionate story you'd have a much better game.

The game's major storyline is about stealing a rare piece of technology (relic chip of immortality) from a big company (Arasaka Corporation.) you're defending the chip through 3 acts from rival gangs, surviving interrogations and helping out characters like Panam and the Voodoo Boys. It's an amazing story that has 5 endings. Never since Final Fantasy 7 Remake as a plot been more clear yet confusing.

new-map-feature-image.jpg

Look at this Cyberpunk 2077 map. Discovering quests around your apartment keeps you involved. I give them credit on the open world, cyber AI atmosphere and at the time of 2020 everything was political.

Untitled.png

Very controversial review scores.

You said....
"Very controversial review scores."

No controversy,both critics and users rated it baaaaaaad.

CDPR has work to do to try and regain some type of respect.

My interest is lost in this game now. The RPG mechanics suck ass, the music is annoying, "player choice" is laughable in the story, shooting is mediocre, driving is sub-par, and so on. The game has too many issues and missing features. Its competitors have already outclassed them long ago.

Mabdia

To me it is among the best games of PS4 era. Played it on PS4PRO. That is something really amazing, since I really don't like FPS.

I still have this game on PC. Same shitty story, bugs, and terrible perfomance.
Honestly I will never pre-order nothing from CDPR even if is Witcher 4

Mozzarella

Cyberpunk is a decent game overall because it has good highs and bad lows, so it falls on the 3/5 for me.

Cyberpunk Good aspects: Visuals, Art Direction, Side Quests, Characters, Cinematic Animations.
Cyberpunk Average aspects: Combat, Dialogue, Main Quest, Soundtrack (i was higher on this before but few tracks stick with me), Replay Value (Choices and Build-Game Variety), Exploration.
Cyberpunk Bad aspects: Open World traffic and functionality, Bugs, Performance issues, Open World feel artificial and lifeless, Poor A.I, Customization is lacking and is very shallow, RPG mechanics (the world doesnt react to your choices, factions dont matter, the progression is bad, skills and level system is dull and boring), lack of interactivity in the open world.

I would say depends on what you are looking for this game might range from a bad to good game. If you want open world sandbox to mess around and experiment in gameplay then you are in for a bad gaming time, if you want a cyberpunk game with engaging main and side quests and memorable characters and spectacular visuals then you will have good time. Depends on what type of player you are. Ofcourse technically the game is rough around the edges it has some technical issues even after the patches that will annoy all the players no matter their type, but if the world and the story and its characters hook you then you will bypass that.

I think the game get more hate that it should get, considering there are some good things about it that people dont mention, i understand though as it was hyped a lot and ended up being a huge disappointment on all angles so part of the backlash is because of that.

Griffon

Cyberpunk is a fantastic Deus Ex-like, with some driving inbetween (and some less interesting optional side contracts if you want to spend more time in it).

People treating the game like it's supposed to be the next GTA got it all wrong.

SkylineRKR

Anyone else ready to revolt if they never give us the promised next gen version??

No i'm way past that. I don't care. I never played Cyberpunk despite it being one of my most anticipated games back then. But what i've seen of it doesn't look all that interesting or engaging to me. I'd probably rather play TW3 again.

Top Bottom