• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Doom 2016 via PS5

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
header.jpg

I have smashed through many FPS games, Turok, Bioshock, deus ex, Fear and have since played Doom 2016 for the first time.

Somehow I didn’t play Doom, I remember being hyped for it back on the PS4.

This game’s weapons make you a force of nature.

58253435-72-C3-48-CD-9222-3-A05-E21-D899-B.png

80+ metacritic score clearly loved by fans.

shotgunweaponwheel.png.21a806f28f115865ede68b7357723764.png

Doom’s weapon wheel is like any other game, you get use to it. The guns do a fantastic job at being unique and finishing off enemies.

The melee is the best.

Every kill and attack feels personal, facing a horde of enemies is normal.

Doom Eternal Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

I think the devs had more to work with levels, story and characters surely they could have gone open world but if this game had no story I’d still play it.

The multiplayer is standard reasonable deathmatch.

Doom 2016 is super short, you don’t have to play long sessions to finish it (1 hour a day) discovering hell is amazing and in the end you’re an unstoppable force. What does GAF Think of doom 2016?

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Best straight FPS experience of at least the past 15 years with barely any competition.

It's like it took us to an alternative timeline where the genre didn't disintegrate into absolute trash like cover systems, regenerating health, corridors, needless exposition, etc.

Last edited:

Rubik8

I totally missed the hype cycle for this game and randomly picked up the disc for deep discount. Went in basically blind. It turned out to be one of my favorite games of the generation. I loved Eternal too, but maybe not as much.

avin

If you played the original DOOM back in the before times, this one is even more special, because the devs managed to reboot an absolute classic, and do it perfectly. If you loved DOOM, well, this is it.

Doom Eternal is the better game, and it should be. It came later and had a lot to work with. But placing games in context, and how much was improved over what we had before, Doom 2016 is one of the most important games of any generation. Imo only, of course.

avin

Last edited:

sachos

What do i think? One of the best games in recent memory, revived the Grandfather of FPS games and showed you can still have fun with single player pure gameplay focused FPS campaigns. And Doom Eternal took it to a new level, you have to play that one too. It makes me wish more devs dared to make more FPS campaigns like this, not cinematic, your are alone against your enemies. I want a new Soldier of Fortune, a new FEAR, a new Quake.

Top Bottom