• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Farscape

So they just started playing Farscape on Comet TV a couple of weeks ago.

When I was younger I never could get into this and really didn't watch it.

I started watching it recently on Comet and I'm enjoying it so far.

This is a really bizarre show. Everything from the choreography to the frames to the dialogue is kind of weird but different.

What I'm really enjoying the most are the unique alien designs. I absolutely love the different aliens in this show, especially the less human-like ones. And I'm not just talking about the Pilot or Rygal, but the other aliens that show up.

I wish Star Trek would have unique aliens like this. I think it really is a lot of fun to see just different weird sentient beings.

Anyways, I've only seen a few episodes so far so I'm pretty new to it but I'm looking forward to watching more.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I like the alien designs in Star Trek: Lower Decks... different from the live action shows/movies.

That said, Farscape is HIGH SciFi fantasy! It's amazing!!! Greatest non-legacy show on TV in the last 30 years

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Farscape is a fun show. Great characters and a good story arc.

babylon 5 is the best sifi but this one is fun.

I also kinda liked that Andromeda sic fi show with Sorbo

I was so mad when this got cancelled, it was my favorite show... and then they replaced it with the Battlestar reboot, which became even favoriter.

Loved all the crazy aliens, all the muppets, all the goofy Aussie pirate accents, the story arcs. I remember getting pretty annoyed with S4, but it was better on a rewatch without having to wait a week between episodes. And the miniseries finale could have been better, but I blame that on the lack of a proper season 5.

I even remember the IRC bot command I'd use to get a listing of episodes to download "Pilot you sure sound a lot like Crais"

Oh and those Guardians of the Galaxy movies are just a cheap Farscape ripoff and I know they put Ben Browder in one of them and I don't care!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Aeryn Sun is what all these wannabe "gurl power" writers WISHED they had the skill to put on screen

JnfY7Pq.jpg

And the show Dark Matter captures a fair amount of Farscape energy. No puppets though, alas.

Oh hey, they got some other similarities as well :p
bg6Oyaw.jpg

INC

Farscape was legit

Theme tune was sick too, loved all the puppetry and creature designs

WoJ

Rewatched this a couple years ago and loved it even more. One of my favorite shows ever.

As someone shared above Aeryn is what all these lame writers are trying to capture with their "girlboss" wannabes.

sono

Gold Member
Yes I enjoyed farscape with Claudia. I watched it again recently I thought some of the effects haven't aged well but it is still a fun ride

Papa_Wisdom

I’m rewatching a few episodes here and there. Did you watch the full thing years ago. Got a massive thing for the grey lass. (Chiana I think) Def going to get them on dvd someday

That and Babylon 5 are legit awesome.

Top Bottom