• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP - Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition (minor spoilers)

I was hooked on it since day one and im not even a FF guy. Loved the setting, the story of the bros. Was such a badass crew and the music is top notch. Preferred much more the action oriented style. For those that think the story is missing...its not your fault but I watched Kingsglave + the 5 mini anime episodes before playing this and I was right at home because the game literally starts exactly where Kingsglave ended. So i can understand the confusion of wtf is going on.

Krathoon

What was the name of the gas station lady? She would tow you if you ran out of gas. Some areas were creepy in this game.

OrionNebula

FfWhat was the name of the gas station lady? She would tow you if you ran out of gas. Some areas were creepy in this game.
Cindy. ‘Cause only using Cid would have been a sausage fest extreme, so Cindy was created 😳 That’s right
Celebrate Final Fantasy GIF by Square Enix

I am playing through FF9. I am at the part where it forces you to play in a card tournament.
So disc 3 and nearing the end. Such a great game. May be my fav FF game

As for FFXV, it’s far from perfect, but I find it weirdly enjoyable, in a 7.5/10 way. I wish all the Royal with cheese stuff would have been there on release, though.
I’d love to replay it once more, but those awful loading times are still awful

Xeaker

Never played it before, I thought it was bad because I don't like Open World, but in these days you really need to play any JRPG there is.
I have played it a few hours now and while it has it's flaws I had a good time with it until now. Maybe it's because I come from garbage JRPGs like Tales or Arise and Xenoblade 3.
The Kingsglaive movie was surprisingly good too.

Teslerum

Full of flaws, because of screwed up development and weird design decisions.
Didn't like the way the DLC have gone storywise (As for me it undermined the actual good parts of the story), so glad the whole Dawn of the Future was cancelled.

That said, the more I go back to it, the more I like it and my relationship with the game changed for the better over the years. It's modding community has become more active again as well with the release of new mod tools by the community. If you want, you can check it out:

Last edited:

Xeaker

Wow! This must be the shortest JRPG I ever played. (Mystic Quest was shorter maybe I forgot)
Finished it in 18 hours. Game was okay, 5/10.
Played mainly the story, only did a few hunting quest and some chocobo quest.
Easily the worst main FF game, even FF13 I liked more.

Pantz

Gold Member
Was listening to the soundtrack the other day and it got feelings like I've actually traveled around in that world.

Trash ass game. Utter disgrace to the series.

Everything involving the story was its last priority and it shows.

Having an open world was their one and only priority and it shows. Empty, boring, and extremely unfun traversal.

I will never understand how non-new FF fans like this game. Never. Combat is trash, story is trash, presentation and polish is nowhere near prior FFs, characters are garbage.

Top Bottom