• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: From Dusk Till Dawn omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my mom came over yesterday to show me how to cook some different foods; we cooked macaroni and cheese, pork chops, chicken, and spaghetti mmmm. Anyway, she wanted to rent a movie to watch. She told me to go get a movie called "From Dusk Till Dawn...it has George Cloony in it." I thought it was going to be a stupid Cloony movie until I got to Hollywood Video and checked out the box. "From Robert Rogregez and Quentin Tarantino." Sounded awesome.

We watched it a few hours ago, and I must say it was ****ing amazing. BADASS. George Cloony and Tarantino freaking rock throughout the entire movie. There were so many awesome scenes and lines, plus it was funny; this is what Evil Dead wishes it could be
what now Willco

The movie is really well paced, and it changes course very smoothly. The opening feels like an action/adventure movie with Cloony and Tarantino wrecking havok. Once they kidnapp Harvey Keitel's character and his children, it becomes pretty dramatic. Then all ****ing hell breaks loose when the vampires show up omg. All the scenes in the titty bar are just amazing, in part because of the amazing titties. SELMA HAYEK; She's essentially the perfect woman: sexy accent, long black hair, nice legs, nice boobs....omg. But she's a vampire lolz

There's so much action and comedy in the movie. The "blessing" of the holy water, the dialogue...everything. TOP NOTCH PRODUCTION

The best part is easily that chick. She is hilarious.

*State Officer opens the bathroom*

"I'm going to the bathroom please!"

That and she gets hit in the head by George Clooney by accident. Not sure if it was scripted or if they left it in but it was hilarious.

Cravis

I loved it. This is why my hopes for Grindhouse are sky high. First half was hilarious then the blood and guts kicked in. It had it all. Who can fault a movie that has Tom Savini playing a character named Sex Machine?

Teh Hamburglar said:
The best part is easily that chick. She is hilarious.

*State Officer opens the bathroom*

"I'm going to the bathroom please!"

That and she gets hit in the head by George Clooney by accident. Not sure if it was scripted or if they left it in but it was hilarious.

She sure did have a HUUUUGE forehead though. I've seen her on VH1 and she's kinda hot now...but the forehead ugh.

There are so many awesome lines though. "C'mon Sex Machine!":lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
love the movie till it starts. If it was a short movie and it ended with the movie stopped with the car driving away from the initial bar, I'd love it.

darscot

I went to see this opening night. I dragged a whole group of my buddies to it and we were like the only people there. Awesome movie, Tarantinos dialog is his usual perfection. I prefer the first half. After seeign this and the annouced Clooney as the new Batman. I was stoked I thought he was perfectly cast to do it. It turned out to be a disaster. I wish more directors could pull this kind of performance out of him.

chase

Yeah, it's awesome. Love the sudden change, the gore is at exactly the right level in all respects, actors take it just seriously enough. It works.

What's funny is that I first saw it when it came on HBO back in 97, however I didn't know it was a vampire movie. I thought it was just a boring semi-action George Clooney movie. Then all of a sudden everybody in the bar turned into vampires and I was like WTF and nearly shat myself. To me, it came completely out of left field. I don't think I've ever been caught off guard like that. This is before digital cable, which gives you a brief synopsis of what you're watching. Nowadays it's hard to get really surprised like that.

evil ways

PhoenixDark said:
She sure did have a HUUUUGE forehead though. I've seen her on VH1 and she's kinda hot now...but the forehead ugh.

There are so many awesome lines though. "C'mon Sex Machine!":lol

Then there's Fred Williamson's monolgue about him being in 'Nam.

Frost: I came to my senses. I realized I killed the entire V.C. Squad singlehanded. There was blood... and chunks of yellow flesh clinging to my bayonet. To this day, I don't remember...
Frost: He ****in' bit me! ****IN' BIT ME!
Sex Machine: What are you gonna do about it?
Frost: Come on, Sex Machine!

evil ways

Suerte said:

Her legs grew.

Don't want none of that A or B cup shit........

salma.jpg

salma-hayek-002.jpg

MrPrime

I must admit it was an incredibly cool movie, i know i loved it and it's on my long list of "must be bought" dvd's. Cloony and Tarentino were solid out there and well to see Cheech do a few characters in the same movie including the guy who does the infamous "p*ssy speech" was totally priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom